Aluko to be hit with a 2 game ban

rangers_1993

Aluko dived. No point in denying it.

If the punishment is a 2 game ban, it's a 2 game ban. Agree or not, that is the rules for this scenario.

Rangers will appeal this, and in the interest of constancy it has to be overturned. O'Connors is more blatant, and definitely a dive too. What sort of message does that send out both these players escaping punishment?

Only the SFA could create a situation whereby no matter what happens now, either us or them are going to be crying conspiracy. doh

If they felt he dived, which I dont actually agree he did but there we go, then why not just impose a yellow card and the disciplinary points that go with that and give the REFEREE the two game ban? After all, whatever Aluko did, if he had thrown himself down in an empty box, at the end the day the referee's job is to deal with that. He didn't, therefore he should be dealt with.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they felt he dived, which I dont actually agree he did but there we go, then why not just impose a yellow card and the disciplinary points that go with that and give the REFEREE the two game ban? After all, whatever Aluko did, if he had thrown himself down in an empty box, at the end the day the referee's job is to deal with that. He didn't, therefore he should be dealt with.

Totally agree, if you look at replays Aluko didn't appeal for a penalty at all.. I wouldn't mind a retrospective yellow card as it doesn't look like much but most people forget what it's like being on a football pitch and running at full pelt how easy it is to fall over or trip from the slightest nudge

Why would you ban the referee for someone conning him?

If that happened to me at work I'd be furious.

Let's say you work in a shop behind the till. A person comes in with a bag from that shop, a receipt and an item of clothing. The person says he wants to exchange the item because it isn't the right size. You ask for the receipt etc. Check everything is okay and perform an exchange. The person leaves happy.

Ten minutes later a customer comes into the shop with evidence that the man who made the exchange had stolen his bag with the receipt inside it.

You are then sacked from work because he wasn't the purchaser of the goods.

Fair?

Wouldn't be upset about Aluko getting the ban if it wasn't for O'Connors' earlier in the season. Two games might be a bit harsh but they should be trying to get rid of diving from the game, maybe a one game ban is more fair. If we appeal the decision there's no way the SFA can justify it after what happened with O'Connor.

If they are going down the ludicrous road, perhaps we should appeal to the SFA for a replay of the Kilmarnock game after Sone was scythed down for a clear penalty.

If he does end up with a ban after the Hibs appeal was successful then that makes a complete farce of the whole thing. They must sit there salivating, `which influential Rangers player can we ban next´ whilst everyone else can do whatever the hell they like.

(tu) (tu) (tu) Nail, head, hit.

Let's wait and see. It wouldn't be the first time the Sun has got it wrong.

I can totally believe the story, but there's no proof yet one way or another.

If we do get a ban and it's not overturned, the SFA are truly a bunch of incompetent morons.

If this happens then this yet another example of it being one rule for rangers and another for everyone else. An absolute disgrace, sfa sources admitted that they didn't have conclusive video evidence because of the lack of camera angles, so basically hes getting a ban for something they cant even prove he did? Disgraceful treatment dished out to Rangers by the SFA yet again. Imagine this were Celtic, you would never hear the end of the injustice of it all.

this (tu)

@kirkiebear, I seen your post about inconclusive camera angles, well the excuse the sfa gave for not charging hooper against motherwell was inconclusive camera angles! What a fucking joke! That was the weekend before naisy had the whole of the scottish nation up in arms for doing the exact same fucking thing!

So we are the only club 2 not only have one player fast tracked for a punishment but now 2? Oconnors was much worse but fuck it, its rangers so let's just ban their players! Institutional bias against taigs? Don't geez yer pish! I think its cause aluko is black

I agree that it would be great to get it out of the game (though this will never happen) but i'm pretty sure you could find an example of a more blatant dive, even within that game. Was hardly as if he was trying to con the ref, he didn't even appeal

aye, the tim that dived in the old firm match ( stokes i think)

shagger saved the pen but if he hadn't it would have changed the course of last years league title

and if i remember correctly there was no retrospective punishment for that

For those who say they hate diving , they all do it to gain advantage .Weter inside or outside the box.

Wrther you like it or not the refs desision should be final.

However not when a Rangets player is involvrd .The rules change then.

Does this mean if you go down outside the box .then you get a 2 game ban .

Oh and there was contact , heard that scrotum Chick Dung say no contact.He pulled him .

This is farsical.If he gets a ban i would be doing

everything to appeal this .Disgraceful.

On a footnote I Would urge all Rangers fans not to attend away games until there is clear transparency in every Panel revue .Then you will see them change .Hit thier members where it hurts .Shambles Football Association.

forgive me if i am saying whats already been said but:

1. How can the press know the outcome in advance of a decision being made?

2. Mr Whyte must now challenge any ban, using all available means. Even if that means through the courts! There has been a precedent set with the O'Connor decision so we have a very good case.