Aluko to be hit with a 2 game ban

rangers_1993

SONE ALUKO looks certain to be hit with a two-match ban for diving.

SunSport understands the Rangers star will be charged today over the incident during the 2-1 win over Dunfermline.

SFA compliance officer Vincent Lunny spent yesterday poring over video evidence of Nigerian ace Aluko's dive which saw ref Steve Conroy award Gers the penalty for their crucial second goal.

Under the SFA's new disciplinary rules that looks certain to earn Aluko a ban that would see him miss Saturday's clash with Hibs and next week's match against Caley Thistle.

It's the second diving case the SFA have dealt with since the introduction of their new fast-track system.

Hibs strike star Garry O'Connor was hauled over the coals and handed a ban after diving to win a penalty in a 3-2 win over St Johnstone in September.

That ban was over-turned when Hibs appealed — a road Rangers could also choose to go down.

Ironically, Dunfermline chairman John Yorkston last night claimed Aluko SHOULDN'T be punished.

The Pars supremo was furious his side came away from Ibrox empty-handed.

But while he backed boss Jim McIntyre, who branded the penalty call a disgrace, he claimed a two-match ban for Aluko would be excessive — and completely pointless for the Fifers.

He said: "We are obviously aggrieved just now, but the bottom line is the referee made the call.

"If the referee had got it right all the boy would have got was a yellow card, so if he is found guilty why should he get a heavier penalty because the referee missed it?

"Whatever the SFA come up with, it's not going to benefit us — we have lost the points full stop. We can't chalk off the penalty and make it 1-1."

FUCKING DISGRACE

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody shouted for the penalty? It was merely given by the referee, What were we supposed to do? tell the fucking ref it wasn't a penalty and give a free kick to Dunfermline? Dont be so fucking silly. Disgrace of a decision if it comes to fruition.

If this happens then this yet another example of it being one rule for rangers and another for everyone else. An absolute disgrace, sfa sources admitted that they didn't have conclusive video evidence because of the lack of camera angles, so basically hes getting a ban for something they cant even prove he did? Disgraceful treatment dished out to Rangers by the SFA yet again. Imagine this were Celtic, you would never hear the end of the injustice of it all.

Nobody shouted for the penalty? It was merely given by the referee, What were we supposed to do? tell the fucking ref it wasn't a penalty and give a free kick to Dunfermline? Dont be so fucking silly. Disgrace of a decision if it comes to fruition.

I don't buy into this. If it was the other way round would you be saying that? I wouldn't be. Referees are supposed to ignore appeals from players etc. Aluko went down from a 'challenge' in the box. They feel he tried to con the ref so he could get a ban. And anyway, Jelavic and Davis both had their arms out asking for the penalty.

In all honesty it was a very soft penalty and if Garry O'Connor had served his ban and it hadn't been overturned I'd accept it.

But it's hard to take after the whole O'Connor fiasco. It's made them look like right fucking morons. That is were my gripe will be. I'd also say two games is too much, one would suffice. It wasn't a blatant dive.

I know my own won't be a popular opinion, it's just how I see it.

I don't buy into this. If it was the other way round would you be saying that? I wouldn't be. Referees are supposed to ignore appeals from players etc. Aluko went down from a 'challenge' in the box. They feel he tried to con the ref so he could get a ban. And anyway, Jelavic and Davis both had their arms out asking for the penalty.

In all honesty it was a very soft penalty and if Garry O'Connor had served his ban and it hadn't been overturned I'd accept it.

But it's hard to take after the whole O'Connor fiasco. It's made them look like right fucking morons. That is were my gripe will be. I'd also say two games is too much, one would suffice. It wasn't a blatant dive.

Ben, you would accept a 2 match ban for what is essentially a yellow-card offence ? I understand where you're coming from, but the eventual "punishment" is unbelievably excessive.

Got that spot on, nobody cares for your opinion.

:pipe:

I just don't want to see diving in the game. Especially Rangers players.

For the amount people bang on here about traditions, I don't see how diving falls into our own.

I do wish the SFA were more consistent though.

Ben, you would accept a 2 match ban for what is essentially a yellow-card offence ? I understand where you're coming from, but the eventual "punishment" is unbelievably excessive.

I did say it was excessive.

It is a yellow card offence if the player is caught. But if he isn't and it goes onto change the whole course of the game is a different matter. It isn't the same circumstances. This is what they want to highlight and drive out of the game.

I'm more than happy to see it driven out of the game.

There was no really shout for a penalty from any players, half-hearted at best.... Doesn't matter whether I accept it or not if it had been the other way round. I would have to. The ref got it wrong like they have time and time again before this. I wouldnt be asking for the player to get banned. Fuck sake... Even Dunferminline dont believe he should be banned. So why the fuck are you accepting it?

The refs need a rocket up their arse in this country. This Part-time nonsense is a fucking joke. We need whistlers to get into ref course, take on the game full-time, these guys are making around a grand a game. I'm sure some level headed individual could go to a ref course work his way through and make a team of good full-time refs.... The part-time part needs to go now.

What happens if we appeal and lose, do the pricks add on more games to Aluko?

Probably. Fail to see how we could lose though considering O Connor got away with his totally blatant dive after his assistant gaffer said on television that he'd dive. If we were to lose an appeal even i'd start to think something fishy was happening

What a pile of shite!

Aluko never even claimed for a penalty fuck sake.

If Aluko gets a ban but that prick O'Connor dives & gets fuck all then we need to start asking serious questions.

Funny how it's the same ref that is in the dock again,maybe the SFA should be looking at the performances of their 'officials'