Alan Hansen "coloured players"

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who decides which words are 'racist' and which aren't?

What is the process for instituting change?

For example when 'coloured' became racist (unless Mandela says it) who decided that?

How was the decision passed on to the public?

Piara Powar.

Here's what he said:

"I unreservedly apologise for any offence caused. This was never my intention and I deeply regret the use of the word."

He was wrong. He's apologised. We all move on - except of course those that refuse to believe he did anything wrong.

That's because he didn't do anything wrong.

What an idiot for apologising.

That's because he didn't do anything wrong.

What an idiot for apologising.

Ah the apology that gets him out of a tight situation.

Can't blame him for doing that. However I seriously doubt he thinks he's done anything wrong except fuelling the patronising bastards who get all offended on behalf of other people.

They hear the apology they get that warm feeling of how right and superior they are and come on places like RM to laugh at the plebs who haven't reached their level of enlightenment.

They are the problem.

Then in that case, it would apply tae us all.

White's a colour is it no?

True. :D

Personally, I feel all of this confusion stems from everyone being told not to call black people darkies.

Everyone knew what we were talking about in those days, and there was no ambiguity.

It's the same with those new traffic signs...now I've got to try and ignore all the gaelic on them to find out which road I'm taking. Why can't they just leave things alone?

True. :D

Personally, I feel all of this confusion stems from everyone being told not to call black people darkies.

Everyone knew what we were talking about in those days, and there was no ambiguity.

It's the same with those new traffic signs...now I've got to try and ignore all the gaelic on them to find out which road I'm taking. Why can't they just leave things alone?

Oh FFS.

Wait tae a get ma popcorn and Coca Cola sorted oot. This could turn oot tae be quite an entertaining thread.............................................................:blush:

Oh FFS.

Wait tae a get ma popcorn and Coca Cola sorted oot. This could turn oot tae be quite an entertaining thread.............................................................:blush:

Coca Cola? FFS Booler man up and get a proper drink ... Irn Bru! :pipe: