55% Win percentage

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sort of thing was bound to come up after an OF defeat.

McCoist is a young manager in his first job who inherited a squad on its last legs that only a true great manager had worked wonders with.

Any young manager needs time to adjust and will make mistakes, an argument of course for not appointing him in the first place.

Comparing win percentages is a cheap and easy way to have a dig but you actually need to put it in context of funds available and also that other teams are a bit closer to the OF in any given game than they've been in a long time.

McCoist should be given the opportunity to turn things around in January IMO, though I do agree he'd be under a lot more pressure if he wasn't a club legend. January will tell us if he has the managerial ability we all hope he has (and are yet to see)

Generally for a first time manager you need a 3 year period to get a club going forward, that's not good enough for Rangers though even with financial restraints.

The tax case is a stranglehold on the club, bringing in a new manager now would be senseless as he'd be handcuffed and we'd be shedding money paying off McCoist and presumably durrant and McDowell also.

Give McCoist the rest of the season then in the summer the tax case will be behind us and we can have a more open assessment of where the club is going.

It's easy to point to the lack of progress so far this season so I can understand the negativity, I just wish I could talk to McCoist myself as he clearly tows the party line in interviews and refuses to be critical of his players. I'd like to know what really goes on behind the scenes, of it's the same nicey nicey approach then he has no hope.

I wonder why the FK admin dont just have a single "I hate Ally and want him to go" thread for all the multiple threads that the OP has created over the last 3 days!

Does SWSL think that volume of posting actually strengthens his arguments - One thread please admin!

I wonder why the FK admin dont just have a single "I hate Ally and want him to go" thread for all the multiple threads that the OP has created over the last 3 days!

Does SWSL think that volume of posting actually strengthens his arguments - One thread please admin!

give a man enough rope...... and when Ally wins the title hopefully he will use it.

i agree we shouldnt need multiple threads on Allys future.

This sort of thing was bound to come up after an OF defeat.

People have been pointing this out most of the season. This is not a reaction from defeat. The difference is the win at all costs brigade no longer have anything to stand on since the poor tactics and style of football have finally bitten us as predicted.

Time is up for Ally, he cost Rangers enough damage already as manager and I would hate to see it get worse. We need to start building our club up again and are badly in need of an experienced leader.

why is it sad he hasnt exactly done anything to fill us full of confidence. some of his signings have been a let down he had us out of the two european cups at the first hurdle and then the league cup to a first division side he hasnt played players that he has signed and went with the tried and trusted sometimes older players then when that wasnt working he would introduce the younger players that in the end helped get the win tkb for example and wylde at easter road. then reverts back to type with the off form players for the next game. his susitutions are a joke he doenst know his best team he plays players out of position his tactics are mostly wrong,he plays his friends no matter how bad they are he never drops them hes too friendly towards some and not to others by the look of things. we have been out played by mediocre opposition and we have been good in about 4 games this season out of about 26 or 27 and it is just not good enough. if the tarriers werent as bad at the beginning of the season we would be even more points behind and i for one cant take much more of what we are watching its not that we havnt got good players we have some of the best young players in the country but ally will not stick by them by giving them a run in the team and prefers to play wittaker,mcculloch,broadfoot,to name a few but the last straw for me was the introduction of healy against the scum that subsitution told me that ally has lost it and i know he is a rangers legend as a player and that will not change for me but i have run out of patience with him as the rangers manager and it hurts me to say it but any more dropped points and i can see the end for him as we cannot go on the way we are.3 points and a good performance is a must on monday and hopefully 2012 we can go on another run with the right players in their right positions and get rid of the deadwood of which there is plenty at least 7 or 8 players could be offloaded but only if ally gets his act together and see,s sense before its too late. :cheers: all the best bears for 2012.

Maybe the guy is just looking to get his point across. When he originally said it even at 12 points ahead he was called everything form a cunt to a taig. A few people on here should recognise that he saw something that they were either too stupid to see or had there heads to far into the sand to see.

In all honesty, if Ally wasnt a Rangers legend there would be protests to get him out.

This is true, but then why would someone with no managerial track record get the job if it wasn't for his status as a player.

If PLG had only been 2 pts behind Celtic would he have gone when he did? Probably not, so to some extent it's Celtic's poor form early in the season that's saving McCoist. Maybe he was thanking Lennon on Wednesday at the end?

I dare say that SWSL thinks this means he has been proven correct and that he alone was the person who could see how this would work out. I suspect that there were many, like me who had serious misgivings but were prepared to give McCoist a chance before condemning him. After all SWSL has been saying we wouldn't win the league for long enough - he was bound to be right one season.

Maybe the guy is just looking to get his point across. When he originally said it even at 12 points ahead he was called everything form a cunt to a taig. A few people on here should recognise that he saw something that they were either too stupid to see or had there heads to far into the sand to see.

He has NOT yet been proven right but he sure is hell sucking folk like your self in. He is "Ally hater in Chief" and one of the biggest panic merchants on the board- "never mind the quality feel the width" seems to be the motto!! If I start posting multiple threads on the same subject I asume that would be acceptable?

He has NOT yet been proven right but he sure is hell sucking folk like your self in. He is "Ally hater in Chief" and one of the biggest panic merchants on the board- "never mind the quality feel the width" seems to be the motto!! If I start posting multiple threads on the same subject I asume that would be acceptable?

considering the abuse he got when he voiced his opinions back then it's no wonder he's ramming a massive "i told you so" down everyone's throat. People were taking his comments and using them as their forum signatures in an attempt to mock him

and now that we have went from the beggars needing snookers to them being top by two points and us now needing to better them in the next two old firm games at least, he is being slaughtered again

no matter what happens the guy is entitled to his opinion. Yes he may be going over the top in voicing his opinion but then again some of the ally defenders go over the top in their description of other fans as well

By that same argument there should be one thread for 'everything is fine, nothing to see here'.

considering the abuse he got when he voiced his opinions back then it's no wonder he's ramming a massive "i told you so" down everyone's throat. People were taking his comments and using them as their forum signatures in an attempt to mock him

and now that we have went from the beggars needing snookers to them being top by two points and us now needing to better them in the next two old firm games at least, he is being slaughtered again

no matter what happens the guy is entitled to his opinion. Yes he may be going over the top in voicing his opinion but then again some of the ally defenders go over the top in their description of other fans as well

I never, not once said he was not entitled to his opinion! I just dont see why he needs 2-3 threads a day to make the same point over and over again.

Oh and I do think his opionion is wildly wrong - as is my right to my opinion!

Oh and its far to early to tell if he is right or wrong - It was to early when he first mentioned it, its to early now ! But he does not want to debate - he wants to dominate and browbeat (and there are a few like him) . If he used half the energy he expends on degenerating our manager and players into something more positive he would be a shining light for fans to rally behind instead of the divisive muckracking he chooses to indulge in!

(tu)

So true.

He also had very similar views about Walter last season and that if he won the league he would leave RM.

I never, not once said he was not entitled to his opinion! I just dont see why he needs 2-3 threads a day to make the same point over and over again.

Oh and I do think his opionion is wildly wrong - as is my right to my opinion!

Oh and its far to early to tell if he is right or wrong - It was to early when he first mentioned it, its to early now ! But he does not want to debate - he wants to dominate and browbeat (and there are a few like him) . If he used half the energy he expends on degenerating our manager and players into something more positive he would be a shining light for fans to rally behind instead of the divisive muckracking he chooses to indulge in!

you are right, it is far too early to say if he's right or wrong, but then again there was an even bigger amount of nuggets on here claiming the title was done and that lennon wouldnt be in a job by xmas, mccoist would finish him off etc

were they slaughtered as much for their opinions, which were as wildly inaccurate as SWSL's opinions, were they fuck

If you mean he hasn't been proven right in the sense that the league is far from over. You are correct. However a few short months ago he stated things along of lines of ally being tacticaly inept, not able to select the right players and had rangers playing boring defensive football. People were calling for him to be banned. Now look around the forum.90% are saying the same thing. In that sense he has well and truly been proven to be correct.

No matter how factually correct you are with your stats, you seem to revel in making threads like these. You absolutely love sticking the boot in, it's embarrassing to see.

Not half as embarrassing as the product on the pitch. Anyway, the truth is something i dont think should be hidden, quite the opposite in fact.