Is this the end for McKay?

G.E.C.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of those same players come through from the A league and are a better standard than we are would suggest the league isn't so bad as you like to make it out to be. They perform better than our national team does thats for sure. Do you actually have any points to back up your opinion or do you just like to rubbish other peoples without actually saying anything of value?

Still laughing at your "Aluko is a poor player" comment. What a howler that was.

Jury is still out

He had a good game against motherwell......

What you posted was international team rankings, does that pass as an opinion on here ?

This sounds a bit more positive, the boy is not a quitter and i expect him to push his way into the team at some stage

Matt McKay should stay with Rangers - Craig Moore

IN ASSOCIATION WITHPage last updated at 11:31 GMT, Friday, 6 January 2012

_57730761_mattmckay.jpg McKay has requested talks with Rangers manager Ally McCoist Former Rangers defender Craig Moore has backed Matt McKay to continue his battle to win a place at Rangers rather than return to their Australian homeland.

Australia midfielder McKay has made only three appearances for the Ibrox side since signing from Brisbane Roar.

And reports suggest the 28-year-old wants talks about his future.

But Moore told BBC Scotland: "For Matty McKay, it is very important that he keeps himself over here in Europe."

Before joining the Scottish champions, McKay had spent the whole of his career in Australia.

Continue reading the main story

For me, he is a fantastic player. He is a box-to-box player, left of the midfield, not a wide left

Craig Moore Former Rangers defender But, despite having already achieved 23 caps for his country, the midfielder thinks playing abroad is the best way to retain his place in the national side.

"The whole reason to come over to Europe was to strengthen his case for maintaining a position in the starting XI for the national team and also to go to the World Cup," said Moore, who advised McKay to join Rangers and keeps close contact with the player.

"So the wee man is here, he's trying his heart out and he's trying desperately to get into the side."

McKay's last appearance was in a scoreless draw at home to St Johnstone on 19 November, when he was replaced with John Fleck after only 64 minutes.

Moore finds it difficult to understand why his compatriot has found it so difficult to establish himself.

However, he hinted that it could be because McKay is being played out of position but played down the suggestion that the player could return to Brisbane, who he captained to the league and cup double, during the January transfer window.

"That option will always be spoken about because he has not been over here for long and he certainly hasn't established himself," said Moore.

"For me, he is a fantastic player. He is a box-to-box player, left of the midfield, not a wide left.

"He has not had too many opportunities, which is a shame.

"But he is a determined wee fella and he's in there and he's trying his heart out and he'll continue to do so.

"He's desperate to work his way into that team."

Moore, who had two spells at Ibrox, is back in Scotland on a fact-finding mission after setting up a football business in Australia following his retiral as a player.

"The idea behind it is to try to encourage as many kids as possible to get involved in the game," he explained.

"I am in discussions with our PFA, the Players' Football Association in Australia, to head up their player management department."

Moore says, with only 10 professional teams in the A-League and no relegation to a structure below, it is important that Australians play abroad to help the national side stay ahead of emerging Asian nations in the race to qualify for future World Cups.

He believes his own contacts - he also played for Crystal Palace, Borussia Moenchengladbach and Newcastle United - can help that process.

"For me, it is not so much getting the deals, it is important where you place players and how they develop," he added.

"I am looking at them coming back and being involved with our national team and, if they are not playing week-in, week-out, regularly wherever they are, they are of no benefit to our nation.

"So it is important that we place them well."

Positive

My android tablet is awful with spelling etc, my windows phone is great at it. Depends on what platform your using...

Keep getting caught out with the predictive & other day ended up with a triple post - it's on it's own agenda! :(

I gave you a straight answer, because it isnt the one you want there is no need to go in a huff.

A huff with you...got better things to do with my time.

Straight answer....more like your usual sanctimonious crap.

So on that basis no one will be deserving of a place in the team because you won't have seen them train.

A huff with you...got better things to do with my time.

Straight answer....more like your usual sanctimonious crap.

So on that basis no one will be deserving of a place in the team because you won't have seen them train.

Another bizzare jump in logic. Your first instinct just to leave this was correct

Another bizzare jump in logic. Your first instinct just to leave this was correct

Again you avoid the issue.....you fool no one sunshine.

So if you don't see the Rangers players in training then ergo you shouldn't be commenting on any of the players picked or not then. Is that really what the basis of your argument is about.

Or are you just another madam at the wind up....nah don't answer that the evidence is there for others to make up their mind about you.

What a load of bollocks. If he does this he is a quitter. Ffs his choice is simple, knuckle down and try to break in to the first team at Gers and play UCL next season or have no fighting spirit and go back to the pish A-League playing for a "franchise" rather than a club. Mate I am an aussie also and think our league is Ok but the choice should be straight forward for him.

Only way this changes is if he got busted shagging Allys birds, then he may as well pack his bags up...

I can't see how suggesting a couple of possibilities to Matty's situation is bollocks. However I do notice you are from Melbourne so that tells me a lot.

The fact you are an Australian qualifies you as what exactly?

Again you avoid the issue.....you fool no one sunshine.

So if you don't see the Rangers players in training then ergo you shouldn't be commenting on any of the players picked or not then. Is that really what the basis of your argument is about.

Or are you just another madam at the wind up....nah don't answer that the evidence is there for others to make up their mind about you.

to be fair mate, he has a point. we dont need to see the other players in training, because we see them play, or have seen them play. i go to the matches at home, and i still dont have an opinion on mckay, because ive not seen enough of him. if i was to base my opinion of him on his last outing, he wouldnt be in my team to be honest, he was honkin against St Johnstone, but then who wasnt. i think the point is, ally knows better, because ally sees him everyday, where as most of us have seen about 2 hours of him, at a push.

I've always said Matt McKay was a good player and should be given more of a chance and should be in the team before Edu anyway. I was at the Liverpool game where he played a blinder against premier league class players, got took off on the 60th minute and still got man of the match. Just found this video on youtube, just look at his vision and his great passing ability. Also scored some cracking goals - this guy should be in the team!

Great goals and passing vision in there, but that soundtrack is absolutely dire. FFS, sad c*nt ripping off Guns 'n' Roses - write yer ain music ya talentless mug! Probably couldn't play a guitar if he had 30 hands to do it with...

I've always said Matt McKay was a good player and should be given more of a chance and should be in the team before Edu anyway. I was at the Liverpool game where he played a blinder against premier league class players, got took off on the 60th minute and still got man of the match. Just found this video on youtube, just look at his vision and his great passing ability. Also scored some cracking goals - this guy should be in the team!

It will be criminal if we let this guy go without getting a fair crack, he can pick a pass alright.

to be fair mate, he has a point. we dont need to see the other players in training, because we see them play, or have seen them play. i go to the matches at home, and i still dont have an opinion on mckay, because ive not seen enough of him. if i was to base my opinion of him on his last outing, he wouldnt be in my team to be honest, he was honkin against St Johnstone, but then who wasnt. i think the point is, ally knows better, because ally sees him everyday, where as most of us have seen about 2 hours of him, at a push.

He's playing the madam. We've seen Bedoya and Ortiz play nearly double figures in games have we not?

On that basis I would say I've seen enough to form the opinion they are nowhere near good enough to be 1st team regulars.

McKay hasnt been given that luxury so I am simply asking why?