Bendiksen leaves Rangers for Tromso

Brian Laudrup

Thomas Kind Bendiksen has rejected a contract offer from Rangers and agreed to sign for Tromso in his native Norway.

The 22-year-old has agreed a three-year deal with the Norwegian side and has targeted a first team place with the Tippeligaen runners-up.

Kind Bendiksen had been with Rangers since 2007 but suffered a serious knee injury shortly after his arrival from Harstad IL. Though he scored in a friendly against Hamburg in November the midfielder found his opportunities limited and opted not to renew his contract at Ibrox.

"I had a very good contract offer from Rangers but I refused it,” Kind Bendiksen said.

“Tromsø IL is a good club and it ambitions to be even better.

“I aim to play my way to a permanent place in the team and look forward to an exciting season, both at home and not least in the Europa League.”

Rangers manager Ally McCoist had earlier resigned himself to losing the player.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/292212-thomas-kind-bendiksen-agrees-tromso-move/

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

of course he is.... :blush:

You have been an unbelievable whine lately...cheer up... (tu)

This is more a factual thing.

We don't have a particularly fantastic record of bringing through youth players, certainly not in the middle of the park where Bendiksen plays.

I think he was overhyped because of one good performance and I don't think it's a big loss but for the lad himself he'd be better off elsewhere.

This is more a factual thing.

We don't have a particularly fantastic record of bringing through youth players, certainly not in the middle of the park where Bendiksen plays.

I think he was overhyped because of one good performance and I don't think it's a big loss but for the lad himself he'd be better off elsewhere.

It's no loss at all to be honest

This league doesn't have a great record in bringing through footballers and that has gone on for far to long but a lot of the ones we have brought through have been central midfielders.

Problem for this boy was he was never going to be better than what we already have ...so in that respect he is better off elsewhere

It's no loss at all to be honest

This league doesn't have a great record in bringing through footballers for far to many long but a lot of the ones we have brought through have been central midfielders.

Problem for this boy was he was never going to be better than what we already have ...so in that respect he is better off elsewhere

I'd maybe have given him a chance as the first back up player instead of it being Papac/McCulloch/Bartley in midfield but as you said, still don't think it's a massive loss.

Whether McCoist should have been playing him or not, it's nice to see he appreciates the salary, coaching and facilities we gave him while injured for a lengthy period of time.

I would't like to see us turn into a club that ditches players when injured, but maybe a bit more ruthlessness is needed when young players constantly use us.