Murray Park

Ace

I was just wondering, from reading the recent posts regarding the Youth Cup victory ...

Is Murray Park the way forward for next season? Should we, rather than invest heavily on "experienced" players ... should we not bring in the youngsters and buy, possibly, 1 or 2 quality players only?

or ...

Is it too early to bring on these youngsters as the pressure on them to overturn our poor form these past 2 seasons too much for them & we require to bring in a more experienced team who can play instantly at 1st team level ?

Thoughts ???

In my opinion after being at the game last nite there is a few players who are not far away from the 1st team, Furman, Emslie, Kinniburgh, Lennon and Jordan Macmillan arent far away from 1st team standard and i hope they will be involved from now until the end of season and for years to come, others like Fleck, Perry, Little and Jamie Ness are all to young still but these boys last nite gave me a lot of confidence for the future and it was a joy to watch last nite

Can't rush them or else it just messes their game up completely.

Players like Lennon and furman should be get the occasional game here and there, perhaps loan them out for a season after this one coming.

We need experienced players in this season, and then they can help us bring up the youth.

The youth are good, no doubt about it, just don't think we should lie the pressure of bringing our title home, without damaging their growth as a player.

There's no reason why we can't bring the through the best of the younger players.

However, there's a fine line between development, consistency and success so we'll still need several experienced players to help them.

You have to remember that some of these boys are only 17/18 and 15 in Flecks case as were the Celtic players.

Beating Celtics youth team and playing against sesoned pros is different altogether.

Yes, give them a chance, it's the way forward but we can't rely too heavily on lots of youth.

We need to sign a good few players already at the top level and then hope we can work some of the boys in along the way.

We lack quality in our squad, there is no doubt about that.

If a youngster can come in and do the same job as an experienced player then by all means he should get a chance.

Young players may take a season or two to settle in and find their feet, but we need players to find their feet and play well NOW, as another season without a trophy is not acceptable.

Great result last and I was there but But Rangers will always invest in ''experienced players.'' Some of last nights team will get a ''chance'' some won't. Rangers need constant success in a 2 team country, can't gamble to much on youngsters. It's the economics of the thing.

Some of them will play in the reserve team next season, Lennon and Furman defo for that as they are both already 19, I think you'll find it will be the same as this season where some of them will get on the bench.

Commentator last night was saying he would expect Fleck to get on the senior bench next season when he turns 16 in August he is that good.

Youngsters are usually a little inconsistent to put in the first team on a regular basis, I think once we have second place completely safe that the youngsters should get played regularly to give them some experience ..loan deals would definetly be something we should consider.

Get them experience after we wrap up 2nd place.

Next season they will be in the reserves and more likely to get an odd game.

The following season they may be for real.

Loan them out next season? Good idea too.

Wayne Rooney

Leo Messi

Cristanio Ronaldo

Cesc Fabregas

James Vaughan

Arron Lennon

All giving a chance when they were young......... If you are good enough, you are old enough. If that means we have 2-3 16-19 year olds in the squad each week, then so be it.

All this "loan them out" "they are not consistant enough" is rubbish. Rather have youth in my team than Gavin Rae

The great misapprehension about Murray Park is that it is some kind of youth academy that should be churning out grade A youngsters year in year out. It is a Training Complex. End of story. Any benefits that are acheived by training any young boys should be felt throughout the squad as they are working in the same enviroment.

Guest TheQueensXI
If you are good enough, you are old enough

exactly. the only problems with young guys is they may not physically be built to handle the game - but theres nothing wrong with having lads in the squad who can do a turn for the team.

im not saying flood the team with youngsters, but bring them through when they are ready. i dont see anything wrong with a season on loan at another club either, especially if the player is being stifled playin in the lower ranks but cant break into well-covered positions in the first team.

Guest TheQueensXI
Dont agree with loan deals. how often do you see a guy going out on loan and never coming back. hardly ever works.

you do get exceptions like mcgregor though - if there is little chance of you breaking through when you have players like klos and wattereus before you in the pecking order, a loan deal isnt so bad. otherwise, its a good way of putting a player in the window to find him a place he can get first team football.

Wayne Rooney

Leo Messi

Cristanio Ronaldo

Cesc Fabregas

James Vaughan

Arron Lennon

All giving a chance when they were young......... If you are good enough, you are old enough. If that means we have 2-3 16-19 year olds in the squad each week, then so be it.

All this "loan them out" "they are not consistant enough" is rubbish. Rather have youth in my team than Gavin Rae

Exactly, these players were given their chance in higher pressure leagues than the spl. Fabregas was a regular starter at 16. Only in Scotland is a 24 year old termed a youngster nowadays. Even in the past I was brought up with stories of Willie Waddell getting the afternoon off school to play for Rangers first team and my heroes when I was a boy, Alex Scott and then Willie Henderson,16 and 17 respectively, first team players.

Exactly, these players were given their chance in higher pressure leagues than the spl. Fabregas was a regular starter at 16. Only in Scotland is a 24 year old termed a youngster nowadays. Even in the past I was brought up with stories of Willie Waddell getting the afternoon off school to play for Rangers first team and my heroes when I was a boy, Alex Scott and then Willie Henderson,16 and 17 respectively, first team players.

Alex Scott was a great player. Always made for the bye line and GOT HIS crosses in too.

I see Wattie is considering loaning some of the so called future of RFC out to other clubs next season...what a load of pesh

Whats wrong with keeping them at RFC and putting a Rangers top on them...they will not find out what its all about in the first team playing at another club

Wattie you are bullshitting us again :pipeguy:

I see Wattie is considering loaning some of the so called future of RFC out to other clubs next season...what a load of pesh

Whats wrong with keeping them at RFC and putting a Rangers top on them...they will not find out what its all about in the first team playing at another club

Wattie you are bullshitting us again :pipeguy:

I agree with this. Why loan them out ? Keep them at the club and instill the club into them. Give them the odd taste of first team football and make them keen and determined to make the grade.

I agree with this. Why loan them out ? Keep them at the club and instill the club into them. Give them the odd taste of first team football and make them keen and determined to make the grade.

Thats exactly what Im trying to say old chap hence the reason I said Wattie is bullshittin us again on behalf of Murray :Animation44:

Loan them out to get experience of 1st team football and bring them back and then give them a go in the 1st team but in my opinion there was 4 or 5 who are ready NOW to step up to the plate Furman, Emslie, Lennon, Kinniburgh and Macmillan they were all very impressive the other nite and are ready for the 1st team in my opinion

Loan them out to get experience of 1st team football and bring them back and then give them a go in the 1st team but in my opinion there was 4 or 5 who are ready NOW to step up to the plate Furman, Emslie, Lennon, Kinniburgh and Macmillan they were all very impressive the other nite and are ready for the 1st team in my opinion

there is a big difference from youth football to the first team and how many players make it from youth football to be professional,not many.

there is a big difference from youth football to the first team and how many players make it from youth football to be professional,not many.

This is true when you look over the years, not many make it, and people don't realise the gap there is between the two levels, especially the physical strength needed at professional level. Always remember a young Ian McDonald was put out the game before he had started by a big fat tim that played for the hivees Chris Shevlane. So you got to be careful when you introduce them. Although as I said on another thread Furman looks to have that strength and the ability !

Why not just keep the best 11 or so here and send the others out. That way we are building a team for the future, and also giving the others a chance to impress at the same time.