In Ally We Trust

garycassidy1802

I'm no sure whose fault it is that we don't have cover up front. Does Ally have the funds to get a new striker?

RB is an issue, and it looks like the Estonian will take care of that position. Celik should give us some attacking skill that is clearly needed.

If Jelavic is sold and no one is brought in, are you going to blame Ally? I'm not.

My overall point is I am giving him this season, and this season is far from over the now.

Precisely.

For the past few seasons, we've not had a huge amount of depth in the squad, purely as we can't afford it.

We've gotten a couple of injuries, and everyone is going nuts. Ally is doing the best with what he has.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are too fickle.

I don't think there's anyone better out there who would take the reins for a start, but everyone seems to only bring out these opinions when we don't win. Ally McCoist doesn't have a lot of resources to use, I personally think he needs a chance, without people calling for his head.

What about the many who didn't want him as manager in the first place!!

Great guy, but in my humble opinion, never a manager. Too many bad selections, too many out of postion.As for tactics? pass!

The stats don't lie. Out of three competitons, cost us millions in revenue and a 19 point turnaround. Nobody can actually argue against that? Can they?

Can't put my finger on it, but the squad we have is not that bad when compared to every other team except the scum. We should be burying all the dross before us and we are not. Can't put my finger on it, but this team are just not clicking for some reason, so I can only put it down to the manager.

No point in continually harping that we don't have a huge amount in depth of squad. FFS, barring the scum, we have a squad that every other team in the league can only dream about. It's all relative and we are not punching our weight.

1 point amongst many but as you seized on it - none of hearts players are on more than what £3000 a week?

How many hearts players are linked with premiership/championship moves?

I would suggest a reason they are playing well is because they aren't getting payed and they are hoping for that money/a move.

people who are getting paid and who have options never fight as hard for something as someone with none of those - I would suggest our midfield looks like that most of the time.

Have to agree with you here, but on the other hand it seems that if youre ok with money and got them on time, you can easily care less for your job, which is fuckin disgusting...

I never wanted him here in the first place, he was pretty much dumped on us by smith and no way could whyte tell him to go because the fans would have been baying for whytes blood, my faith in him being our manager is slowly fading with being out of 3 comps in quick succession to buying players and not playing them when we're crying out for change and then the +12 to -4 in the space of just under two months is not on.

I dread to think whats going to happen next

No point in continually harping that we don't have a huge amount in depth of squad. FFS, barring the scum, we have a squad that every other team in the league can only dream about. It's all relative and we are not punching our weight.

We do have some depht, but McCoist seems to make it look like we dont. We have 2 great keepers, plenty of options in defense, but no sings of Perry and McMillan, and midfield, but no sings of McKay, Fleck(well, no more) and Bedoya The only depht is up front, since the start of the season, which happen to be the turning point imo. The moment Naisy got injured we started dropping points. And once again weve noticed what weve always knew - Lafferty is not good enough to be a regular starter. McCoist shouldve taken care of this in the summer with Goodwillie and if not him - with some other striker. You cant win the fuckin league with only 2 strikers, who are good enough.

I do find it strange that someone who has never managed at any level becomes the natural choice for a big club .. I mean how would you feel if you were going in for an operation with a novus surgeon or on a plane flown by a pilot who has never done it before :anguish:

Walter Smith when he first got the job?

The simple facts are that only the best of the best managers can survive long term, there's literally a handful of them in the world and McCoist certainly isn't one of them.

This team has had McCoist for four years in one coaching capacity or another. Perhaps a shake up is needed? I don't see how anyone can rule it out. You only have to look at Sunderland to see what a new manager can do. I'm sure you've all had it in your own workplaces as well, it isn't just football.

This team looks stale, fresh ideas are needed. Only Walter Smith can do Walter Smith tactics, McCoist isn't talented enough as yet.

It has to be said he inherited a team on the up and also had a lot of money to spend. I think if you are Whyte and you know how tight money is it must be very nerve wracking to give what money you do have to someone with no track record.

I personally, think everyone is way too quick to jump on the "GET ALLY OUT" bandwagon, what an utter joke.

Is everyone forgetting the amount of players we have injured, our financial situation, and the fact that he has brought in a few gems on a shoestring budget to tighten up the ship?

I remain firmly by the opinion that Ally is the man, no-one else would take the job, and Ally hasn't done a bad job. Everyone was singing his praises before today's match, and in all honesty, a Bartley error, a poor Davis performance, and Jela not having a fit strike partner. We should have won on paper, we didn't, get over it and get behind the team.

In Ally We Trust.

You fucking dumpling.

Souness didnt have any experience either but he got away with the mistakes he made, and also had Walter Smith who may not have been a manager in his own right, but did have experience as an assistant under McLean and then Walter had Archie Knox who had experience as manager in his own right. None of the current management team really have that experience and perhaps thats whats missing.

Souness didnt have any experience either but he got away with the mistakes he made, and also had Walter Smith who may not have been a manager in his own right, but did have experience as an assistant under McLean and then Walter had Archie Knox who had experience as manager in his own right. None of the current management team really have that experience and perhaps thats whats missing.

Souness and Walter came in and were their own men.

Ally has come in trying to be Walter, and sorry, but he's nowhere near that level.

I personally, think everyone is way too quick to jump on the "GET ALLY OUT" bandwagon, what an utter joke.

Is everyone forgetting the amount of players we have injured, our financial situation, and the fact that he has brought in a few gems on a shoestring budget to tighten up the ship?

I remain firmly by the opinion that Ally is the man, no-one else would take the job, and Ally hasn't done a bad job. Everyone was singing his praises before today's match, and in all honesty, a Bartley error, a poor Davis performance, and Jela not having a fit strike partner. We should have won on paper, we didn't, get over it and get behind the team.

In Ally We Trust.

This is the Rangers job we are talking about. You honestly believe no-one, and by that I mean a very good manager, would not want the Rangers job? I disagree.

I think that, the only senior person at the club at all, is Gordon Smith, who is nothing to do with the management.

We need an experienced coach/assistant manager.

1 point amongst many but as you seized on it - none of hearts players are on more than what £3000 a week?

How many hearts players are linked with premiership/championship moves?

I would suggest a reason they are playing well is because they aren't getting payed and they are hoping for that money/a move.

people who are getting paid and who have options never fight as hard for something as someone with none of those - so my point stands!

I still disagree mate, every player fights for a cause. Whether that is for a new improved contract, for thier team they support, their manager and teammates, the fans, to move to another team, or in our case, the ultimate accolade - the league championship.