In Ally We Trust

garycassidy1802

Souness and Walter came in and were their own men.

Ally has come in trying to be Walter, and sorry, but he's nowhere near that level.

Thats true as well, I'm sure Walter for instance learned a lot from McLean but he certainly wasnt a clone of him. Ally, for whatever reason, seems to want to be a clone of Walter and that just doesnt work. I'm sure he must have his own ideas on the game, and he really needs to start imposing them or he wont have a job surely.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats true as well, I'm sure Walter for instance learned a lot from McLean but he certainly wasnt a clone of him. Ally, for whatever reason, seems to want to be a clone of Walter and that just doesnt work. I'm sure he must have his own ideas on the game, and he really needs to start imposing them or he wont have a job surely.

McCoist will need to lose the league before his position is looked at.

I voiced my opinion and throughout this thread I've given my reasons.

Daft insults do nothing 'cept make you look like the dumpling.

I am sick of this lets get behind Ally crap. He has done nothing so far as a manager to justify any reason for me to back him. If you can tell me one thing, bar the old firm win, which you think that proves Ally has what it takes I would be more than happy for you to change my mind.

He is clueless, I love Ally as a person and a player but has a Manager he just does not cut it.

I am sorry to call you a dumpling, I think my overall frustration at people backing Ally came out it in that one post. So apologies, I am sure you are not a dumpling. It is just of my opinion that he has got himself in this position and I cant really see what he can do to get himself out of it.

Souness and Walter came in and were their own men.

Ally has come in trying to be Walter, and sorry, but he's nowhere near that level.

That is one point I do agree with, he seems to be trying to follow Walter without being too different - however, he needs time to come into his own.

I know that's difficult to say as he has the biggest job in Scotland, however I think he's done pretty well so far, considering the circumstances we've faced this season.

I am sick of this lets get behind Ally crap. He has done nothing so far as a manager to justify any reason for me to back him. If you can tell me one thing, bar the old firm win, which you think that proves Ally has what it takes I would be more than happy for you to change my mind.

He is clueless, I love Ally as a person and a player but has a Manager he just does not cut it.

I am sorry to call you a dumpling, I think my overall frustration at people backing Ally came out it in that one post. So apologies, I am sure you are not a dumpling. It is just of my opinion that he has got himself in this position and I cant really see what he can do to get himself out of it.

That's a very fair point, I don't think, on the basis of less than half a year, there is sufficient evidence to say he is the right man, nor is there enough reason to say he is the wrong man.

I'm all for putting my trust in a manager, who has benefited from, probably our greatest manager of all time's advice and guidance across the past few seasons, when we have been successful, on a shoestring budget.

I think he has brought in a brilliant bunch of players (fair enough, some haven't worked out), but Goian, Bocanegra, Aluko, and even Wallace, have all been absolutely brilliant replacements, maybe even upgrades of what we had last season. Not to mention the players who have stayed/signed new deals. If not for that, we'd be much worse off, maybe even third.

None of the players (except for McKay, but that wasn't a criticism of McCoist as much as the training methods) have slated McCoist, the higher ups, so to speak, have trust in him, so I believe we should all be behind him 100%. Criticism is fair enough, but calling for his head and changing opinions on him like a switch is ridiculous, which many people on here tend to do.

That's a very fair point, I don't think, on the basis of less than half a year, there is sufficient evidence to say he is the right man, nor is there enough reason to say he is the wrong man.

I'm all for putting my trust in a manager, who has benefited from, probably our greatest manager of all time's advice and guidance across the past few seasons, when we have been successful, on a shoestring budget.

I think he has brought in a brilliant bunch of players (fair enough, some haven't worked out), but Goian, Bocanegra, Aluko, and even Wallace, have all been absolutely brilliant replacements, maybe even upgrades of what we had last season. Not to mention the players who have stayed/signed new deals. If not for that, we'd be much worse off, maybe even third.

None of the players (except for McKay, but that wasn't a criticism of McCoist as much as the training methods) have slated McCoist, the higher ups, so to speak, have trust in him, so I believe we should all be behind him 100%. Criticism is fair enough, but calling for his head and changing opinions on him like a switch is ridiculous, which many people on here tend to do.

My opinion of him hasn't changed, I still Love the guy. I do however don't think he has what it takes to be a Manager, or at least he needs time to ply his trade in the lower leagues where you learn about everything there is to know about football. I know you will say he has learnt from the best, which he has, but Walter also went through the lower leagues/lesser teams learning about what is to be a Manager.

I don't think we are going to end up agreeing, because our opinions are worlds apart.

What I think we can both agree on is, that we both want you to be right, and myself to be wrong. I just cant see it myself.

My opinion of him hasn't changed, I still Love the guy. I do however don't think he has what it takes to be a Manager, or at least he needs time to ply his trade in the lower leagues where you learn about everything there is to know about football. I know you will say he has learnt from the best, which he has, but Walter also went through the lower leagues/lesser teams learning about what is to be a Manager.

I don't think we are going to end up agreeing, because our opinions are worlds apart.

What I think we can both agree on is, that we both want you to be right, and myself to be wrong. I just cant see it myself.

I can see your point, but yeah, your last sentence was definitely correct.

Only time will tell.

The league is indeed still far from over but if present form and trends continue it will be beyond us long before Easter. I shouted for Ally when a lot of my mates where saying "He's not management material" I would assert that his intelligence and obvious nous ( exhibited on champions league telly) and his Rangers great past would almost guarantee success. I was wrong! I truly hope I'm a total knows fuckall wanker I really do, I so want to be wrong and have you all tell me so in May. We have not played well all season with the exception of the mhankies and Motherwell hearts away 2-0 was great performance but far too often we look scared of shite teams at Ibrox and that for me is completely unacceptable.

I have back Ally most of the season even after the embarrassment of Malmo and Maribor. BUt after losing our 14 point lead and now being 4 points behind its time to really look at this situation IMO.

His tactics are awful he struggles to change a game and he is reluctant to make substitutions until its to late.

Today we had 3 wingers playing and then played a long ball game WTF is he playing at?

Maybe it has come too early in his career. But I just want people to give him a season or two.

Win the title this season or no job for me, the embarassing cup exits have given us a very light fixture list to focus on the league and considering we had a 15 point lead at one stage to lose the league title to Neil Lennon is an utter disgrace.

Even after a draw its not the time for him to go, I agree with the op about people being quick to jump down the ally out route and certainly there will be some people on here pushing the agenda on for there own sad reasons, but he aint threw nowt away yet and there is two weeks of transfer window for him to do what's possible.

He has my full backing, I aint pleased we are four points back but it's far from over like some will portray and persist so if ally is to remain here, all I can say is ally won't be leaving so you are wasting energy calling for ally to go.

Even after a draw its not the time for him to go, I agree with the op about people being quick to jump down the ally out route and certainly there will be some people on here pushing the agenda on for there own sad reasons, but he aint threw nowt away yet and there is two weeks of transfer window for him to do what's possible.

He has my full backing, I aint pleased we are four points back but it's far from over like some will portray and persist so if ally is to remain here, all I can say is ally won't be leaving so you are wasting energy calling for ally to go.

Is the manager no way responsible for "he aint threw nowt away yet" I recall we had a nice points cushion, whatever happened to it, someone must be responsible for its disappearance.

He will probably get until the end of the seaosn I think that's fair enough

I've said on here before I'm slightly concerned that mccoist is not the man for this job and i can count on one hand the decent performences this season BUT what else could he have done today??

The bench looked very weak and we cudnt change anything up top, yes mccoist made signings etc but at the end of the day we just didn't do enough to win today and it's the players fault not allys!

People worry about tactics and maybe there is an issue there but at the end of the day, it makes no difference if u don't play well.

Title is by no means over but big improvement needed....from the players!!! No Surrender!!!!!

LOL. A season or two. Yeah, lets just lose the title this season and next. We have a chance of winning at least 5 in a row and are throwing it away.

I'd rather lose the title this season and hope he learns for next season, (however, it isn't over yet) than cycle through a load of useless managers that we did before Walter steadied the ship.

Is the manager no way responsible for "he aint threw nowt away yet" I recall we had a nice points cushion, whatever happened to it, someone must be responsible for its disappearance.

Who said not responsible for things ya tattie, it aint time yet imo and no matter yours he won't be going, so jog the fuck on.

He will probably get until the end of the seaosn I think that's fair enough

Yes it would be fair to judge him then, ally I'm sure is many things to some but I believe if things were not right he would do the right thing by rangers in terms of his position and the club should do the same and they will imho, I just wish some fans would think the Same light and not get ahead of themselves