2 urgent questions about Rangers games these days.

Colonel Mustard

The rule is that the half-time break must not exceed 15 minutes and is based on the rules of the competition the match is played under. This has been the case for some time.

Although I can't be sure, I am under the impression that the referee enters and leaves the pitch with the ball, again, something that has been in place for as long as I can remember. Not sure if this is a law of the game, but certainly happens in most occasions.

Why does half time last for 15 minutes, instead of 10 like it used to?

Why does the referee get to carry the ball on to the park before the game, instead of the Rangers captain?...

...How could John Greig have tried to score at the Rangers end running on to the park before every game, if the ref had carried the ball?

These have to be the shitiest changes to the game ever.

When John Greig ran on and tried to score, it was not with the match ball. The Ref brought out the match ball. The team would come out with half a dozen auld 'tatties' and play around with them tryring to score etc.

Ref has the official & inspected match ball, so he's going to look after it in case he gets a wrong un back.

Think in the days the OP remembers, we didn't do the half hour warm up before going inside to smarten up like we do now, but several of the team would carry a ball out and do a bit of shootie in and warming up in the 5 mins before kick off

The rule is that the half-time break must not exceed 15 minutes and is based on the rules of the competition the match is played under. This has been the case for some time.

Although I can't be sure, I am under the impression that the referee enters and leaves the pitch with the ball, again, something that has been in place for as long as I can remember. Not sure if this is a law of the game, but certainly happens in most occasions.

Ref has the official & inspected match ball, so he's going to look after it in case he gets a wrong un back.

Think in the days the OP remembers, we didn't do the half hour warm up before going inside to smarten up like we do now, but several of the team would carry a ball out and do a bit of shootie in and warming up in the 5 mins before kick off

Used to do the warm up at the back of the enclosure at the top of the tunnel. Used to see the players doing their sprints and sure they used to come out and knock the player.

Ok in the spirit of who gives a f..k questions......Why is it when I watch the results coming in (every other Saturday) on a Saturday(sky soccer Saturday) the Scottish ones always come in FT when the english games are still playing?

Used to do the warm up at the back of the enclosure at the top of the tunnel. Used to see the players doing their sprints and sure they used to come out and knock the player.

Never saw it myself but I remember hearing about it now you mention it.

Ok in the spirit of who gives a f..k questions......Why is it when I watch the results coming in (every other Saturday) on a Saturday(sky soccer Saturday) the Scottish ones always come in FT when the english games are still playing?

We appear to get a very short amount of injury time compared to them - rarely more than 3 mins, while EPL regularly get 5/6 even when nothing very serious has happened.

Course, bheggars are allowed to play until the equalise or win!

Think it has to do with the fact the referees have blown for full time in the scottish games. Whereas the referees in the english games haven't blown to end said gamesbiggrin.gif