We need to look at the bigger picture.

keithgersbear

The future of our club is in the balance. People talk about signings and improving the squad need to look at the bigger picture and realise we can't afford to buy players. We do have serious financial problems and we need to cut our costs and look to improving the financials side of things for the club.

Basically, we need to live to fight another day. (tu)

I agree too , but what a fuckin SHAMBLES we are in the now .

I'm not blaming CW or Super , infact I feel sorry for both- CW who I believe IS a genuine fan , is constantly being vilified from all corners in the media - the tax case needs to be sorted out asap , one way or another.

Super I feel more sorry for - his hands are tied , just lost our biggest asset and probably Wont see a penny of the money raised .He must be so frustrated by the current situation - I'll be very surprised if he doesn't walk out on us :( sad sad days and no light at the end of the tunnel yet.

Are we ever going to get out of these financial problems though?

There is no money to be made from a club that remains in a league stuck in the stone ages, which then rules out a billionaire coming in to save the day like Murray did all those years ago. Also I can't see us leaving this league anytime soon.

Will we win the tax case? A settlement out of court could cost us upto £10-15m add that to the debt we are already in, does Craig Whyte have that kind of money? The increasing difficulty of qualifing for the Champions League and gaining the income that brings. Celtic being in a much stronger position financially, also having a bigger squad which you could argue that just need to win one title to gain the experience of being a title winning side, which could lead to further titles. We have been lucky to have won the titles over recent years with the situation we have been in, now with it's looks like no strikers in, I personally think that Celtic will win the title. It could provide the catalyst for us to plunge further and futher into obscurity.

Will we ever recover?!

We can recover Ryan if we cut our costs and sacrifice the title for the next 3-4 years. Get our club being ran properly again and get all the cunts out from the top and get in people who know what they are doing and spend what we have and can afford.

That's the truth keith , but itll be hard to swallow :(

We can recover Ryan if we cut our costs and sacrifice the title for the next 3-4 years. Get our club being ran properly again and get all the cunts out from the top and get in people who know what they are doing and spend what we have and can afford.

For us to be properly ran and living within our means then I'd suggest we embrace Youth, enforce a positive footballing philosophy and style onto the team that should be employed by whoever is manager, scouting for creative talent with a vision to sign and re-sell after a few years for maximum profit.

I still remain to be convinced that;

a) We have the correct people in place from the boardroom down to coaching staff able to implement this

b) We have a support able to show the resilience/patience to take that on board and sacrifice a poor couple of years in order to prosper longer term

Time will tell...

The future of our club is in the balance. People talk about signings and improving the squad need to look at the bigger picture and realise we can't afford to buy players. We do have serious financial problems and we need to cut our costs and look to improving the financials side of things for the club.

Basically, we need to live to fight another day. (tu)

You are right of course mate.

The problem lies in the fact that Rangers carry so much emotion for us all.

It fucking hurts what is going on.

But you are correct"We need to live to fight another day"

Sorry M8 but that post sounds a bit defeatist, (give up the title for 3/4 years?) I don't think so.

Give the darkside 3/4 years of CL money and the opportunity to strengthen even further!!, we can only strengthen by being champions and playing our way out of trouble.

The last three years we've won the title 3 times in a row with tiny squad, no money and lots of troubles outside the pitch. But, if we do it this year, after we were 10 points up and now we are 4 behind, and with only 3 strikers, one of which is injured, and the other is a youngster, that would beat all the records and it would be absolute miracle... But then, i still believe we can do it... I dont know why, call it blind faith or something, but i do believe we got a chance...

Well, the core of the 3in a row side is here except... no real striker. Miller gone, Jelavic gone. We just have to keep the pressure on. Mervin looks a handy player and Aluko is great.

The back 4 (minus perhaps the RB position) is as solid as ever, and McGregor is the best in Scotland one of the best in Britain. An on form Davis is absolutely required and he is looking bright latetley.

I know times are hard... we can only hope that when the players pull on the Famous blue jersey, that they feel what we feel. 00000042.gif

Absolutely spot on.

Without wiping everything from the club, we must basically start again. It's the best way, and the only way to ensure a secure future.

Your right, this club does bring alot of emotion and it does hurt...but it'd hurt less if we were just simply told the truth.

I agree.I would love to know what is happening.

What I hold on to is that while the tax case is ongoing then cards need to be played close to the chest.

Actually, who knows anymore mate?

Well, the core of the 3in a row side is here except... no real striker. Miller gone, Jelavic gone. We just have to keep the pressure on. Mervin looks a handy player and Aluko is great.

The back 4 (minus perhaps the RB position) is as solid as ever, and McGregor is the best in Scotland one of the best in Britain. An on form Davis is absolutely required and he is looking bright latetley.

I know times are hard... we can only hope that when the players pull on the Famous blue jersey, that they feel what we feel. 00000042.gif

Great post, mate. Rep from me (tu)

Good thread.

I am absolutely convinced that Craig Whyte is a good Rangers man who will not let us go to the wall and he didn't accumulate all the wealth he has by being Mr Nice Guy. We all need to show similar resolve and grit to support The Rangers no matter what scaremongering the rheptiles in the mhedia want to stir up. Time for all of us to stick together and show a united front against our enemies.

WATP.

I'm sorry but we'll be in a far worse position if we don't win the title for the next couple years. I agree we shouldn't panic buy but without a striker we're fucked. Even a loan deal would do. We'll probably start playin jig up top