Will Ally walk?

trueblueal

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Up until this evening would have said no. But if he really has "failed to convince whyte" rather than whyte simply saying there is no money then I think the writing might be on the wall. A Manager shouldn't have to do much convincing the money is either there or not what input should whyte have on who it is! Anyway don't think he will walk but is he being pushed..

If its true that whyte wouldn't release funds for a striker then I wouldn't blame him.

Walter won the spl with one hand behind his back, ally will have to do it with both. Sorry to say but unless Laff steps up and mervan is a cheap wonder signing (henrik Larrson-esq ie cheap signing with a massive goal and assist return) then I sincerely see the title slipping. Fuck it, I'll say it, I reckon we've basically gifted ginger tooth with the league. :(

Say he walks or is pushed in summer...

Who would WANT to come right now?

Well Craig Levein's used to putting out a team without a striker :rolleyes:

Don't think Ally will walk. If he can somehow win the league then we'll name the fuckin stadium after him. Thats why he'll stay.

I wouldn't blame him if he did.

Ally has got to carry the can for the two European failures - we should have got past both these teams - and for signing Ortiz, Bedoya and McKay who can't be good enough or they'd be making a proper challenge especially now when starting places are up for grabs.

But no-one can blame him for Whyte turning out to be what I always suspected - a total shyster. Selling Jelavic today and not putting in a meaningful bid for any kind of replacement is unforgiveable. If the £1M bid for Holt was real then why not use a third of that and sign Sandaza? At least he's a proven SPL goalscorer and can't be a worse option than Healy.

The real sucker punch for me today was not the Jelavic news but the fact that Hibs signed Claros who we couldn't afford to offer a deal to - fucking Hibs - it's shameful.

He wont walk. But how can ANY manager do well when they have these kind of funds to work with and a squad with next to no strikers? Walter had at least a bit to spend and managed decent loan signings. Its sad times. Unfair to judge ally as a manager under these conditions.

Ps. Jelas gone, naisys out for season, laffertys out and the back up plan of boyds out the window. Whos playing up front if healys fucked? £5.5 million in n not even a loan signing... Shambles

Seems to me like Whyte is putting the squeeze on him so he'll quit.

But he never walked when Souness benched him so I doubt he'll walk away from this.

So my guess is he'll be pushed.

He better start learning from his mistakes though, like edu over lee, football over hoofball, players in position over out of position.