Daniel Cousin thread

wbairds

Bears I'm getting more pissed off by the minute... My brothers just arrived home, flying on business earlier from birmingham to Glasgow...... Seen cousin getting into a plush Merc at Birminghams main Terminal... I smell another rat, my bro's as big a Gers fans as any of us and he wouldn't make this up!!!!!!..... Another case of Whyte messing Agents/players about again.

Aye he was on the playing :rolleyes:

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bears I'm getting more pissed off by the minute... My brothers just arrived home, flying on business earlier from birmingham to Glasgow...... Seen cousin getting into a plush Merc at Birminghams main Terminal... I smell another rat, my bro's as big a Gers fans as any of us and he wouldn't make this up!!!!!!..... Another case of Whyte messing Agents/players about again.

My Brother in law's mates sisters maw said she saw Craig Whyte at the local corner shop with a fuck load of gingees trying to scrape together cash for the deal, they're all pure proddies n' that so I trust them.

Disgrace :angry:

My Brother in law's mates sisters maw said she saw Craig Whyte at the local corner shop with a fuck load of gingees trying to scrape together cash for the deal, they're all pure proddies n' that so I trust them.

Disgrace :angry:

Take it or leave it.... Whether he comes or he does'nt I'm not exactly thrilled about it, I for one I don't forget his comments when he left last time about him rather being with Hull Fc than with a successful Rangers side and basically slagging the Rangers set up, can you tell me your happy about this potential signing, seriously!!!!!!

Tell you another thing like the idea of Cousin or not in days gone by we would have found out about this deal once it was concluded and not before.... Now we seem to do our deals in public before they're signed, that's not acceptable, god can any of us ever remember losing out on a player to the mighty Hibs.....JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!

Pre-Takeover: The official site is awful, they take weeks before they update anything.

Post-Takeover: The official site need to stop reporting things so fast.

Ha I know - it is true though, they need to find a happy medium

Think the main problem with the site post-takeover is not the speed but the fact that they seem to discuss players we are simply linked with. We probably shouldn't be commenting on speculation, that's all

Think the main problem with the site post-takeover is not the speed but the fact that they seem to discuss players we are simply linked with. We probably shouldn't be commenting on speculation, that's all

Here Here

Exactly. I welcome exclusives, but only if they're based on information from within the club. It seems as if an awful lot of the official site's content is based on reaction to external sources.

Here Here

The man united site has a rumours section where they address all the stuff being talked about in the press. Maybe we should have something like that. The problem is that when talk of a player we are being linked with goes up on the official site, most assume that a deal is close, which hasn't been the case quite often. As it is, it seems like another ploy in order to give us hope that we are gonna sign players when its not happening in reality. Meh

Exactly. I welcome exclusives, but only if they're based on information from within the club. It seems as if an awful lot of the official site's content is based on reaction to external sources.

...which is quite odd as I follow RFC_Dickson and a couple of the other Rangers folk on twitter and they constantly say that they wont comment on speculation.

I'm not understanding the anger towards Willie McKay by some.

If those quotes are anything to go by, its Craig Whyte that's appearing a bit suspicious, and not for the first time I may add.

This (tu) Craig Whyte needs help imo, he has never ran a football club before and he is leaving us looking desperate and clueless on several occasions which is not good enough.

Rangers set to beat Birmingham in race to sign striker Cousin

By MARK WILSON

Last updated at 11:53 PM on 9th February 2012

Comments (1)

Daniel Cousin is set to fly in to Scotland after striking a £7,500-per-week deal with Rangers chairman Craig Whyte.

And the 35-year-old striker is still hoping to make a debut second time around for the Ibrox club when they face Dunfermline on Saturday.

International class: Daniel Cousin has been with Gabon at the Africa Cup of Nations

Paperwork from the Gabon FA officially confirming that Cousin is a free agent is now the only remaining hurdle to him easing the striker crisis that has faced manager Ally McCoist since Nikica Jelavic made a £6million move to Everton last week.

McCoist spoke openly of his eagerness to get Cousin on board yesterday, only for doubt to be cast on the move when the player's agent, Willie McKay, criticised in radio interviews a lack of movement from the Ibrox hierarchy.

It is understood, however, that Whyte later contacted McKay to sort out a deal until the end of the season.

Cousin could have doubled his money by moving to Birmingham City or elsewhere.

On Thursday night, however, the forward insisted it was his good relationship with McCoist that had persuaded him to return to Scotland.

He left Ibrox for Hull in August 2008, after 12 months working alongside the man who was Walter Smith's assistant.

'I'm coming to Rangers because of Ally and the club,' he said. 'It's not a financial decision, but one from the heart.

'When a friend is in need, you have to help and that's how I feel about Ally. I made a lot of friends in Scotland and I want to help Rangers again.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2099024/Rangers-sign-Daniel-Cousin.html#ixzz1lvsS3YOa

Rangers set to beat Birmingham in race to sign striker Cousin

By MARK WILSON

Last updated at 11:53 PM on 9th February 2012

Comments (1)

Daniel Cousin is set to fly in to Scotland after striking a £7,500-per-week deal with Rangers chairman Craig Whyte.

And the 35-year-old striker is still hoping to make a debut second time around for the Ibrox club when they face Dunfermline on Saturday.

International class: Daniel Cousin has been with Gabon at the Africa Cup of Nations

Paperwork from the Gabon FA officially confirming that Cousin is a free agent is now the only remaining hurdle to him easing the striker crisis that has faced manager Ally McCoist since Nikica Jelavic made a £6million move to Everton last week.

McCoist spoke openly of his eagerness to get Cousin on board yesterday, only for doubt to be cast on the move when the player's agent, Willie McKay, criticised in radio interviews a lack of movement from the Ibrox hierarchy.

It is understood, however, that Whyte later contacted McKay to sort out a deal until the end of the season.

Cousin could have doubled his money by moving to Birmingham City or elsewhere.

On Thursday night, however, the forward insisted it was his good relationship with McCoist that had persuaded him to return to Scotland.

He left Ibrox for Hull in August 2008, after 12 months working alongside the man who was Walter Smith's assistant.

'I'm coming to Rangers because of Ally and the club,' he said. 'It's not a financial decision, but one from the heart.

'When a friend is in need, you have to help and that's how I feel about Ally. I made a lot of friends in Scotland and I want to help Rangers again.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2099024/Rangers-sign-Daniel-Cousin.html#ixzz1lvsS3YOa

We should kno more bout this tomo i guess...

DANIEL COUSIN hopes to make his second Rangers debut tomorrow against Dunfermline after agreeing a £7,500-a-week Ibrox return.

The Gabon striker will arrive in Glasgow this evening after contract talks were finalised late last night.

His agent Willie Mackay brokered the deal with Cousin set to answer Gers manager Ally McCoist's SOS until the end of the season.

Cousin told SunSport: "When a friend asks for help, I help. I said earlier this week I wanted to return to Rangers because of Ally. Hopefully everything can now be finalised in time for Saturday."

It's understood Cousin turned down a bigger offer from Birmingham to return to Ibrox.

Rangers will now try and rush through the necessary paperwork with the SFA this afternoon, although they have still not received the required documents from the Gabon FA.

But Rangers believe it's a formality which should be rubber-stamped later today. Despite reports earlier this week, Cousin also does NOT have an SFA suspension hanging over him.

He was sent off against Celtic in his last game for Gers but served that ban as a Hull player. McCoist is now hoping there are no last-minute hitches.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4120873/Allys-second-cousin.html#ixzz1lvuyYajY

Who did we lose out on to Hibs? As far as I was aware we decided not to offer him anything.

Something not right wi this yin.

Tell you another thing like the idea of Cousin or not in days gone by we would have found out about this deal once it was concluded and not before.... Now we seem to do our deals in public before they're signed, that's not acceptable, god can any of us ever remember losing out on a player to the mighty Hibs.....JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!