Uefa Cup Final 2008 Full Match ?

CraigR#10

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can’t say I have ever watched it or want to watch it.

The build-up and getting to Manchester was brilliant but the game and the way we played was disappointing as were our fans who were out sung for the majority of the game by the Russians.

Gutted when they scored but stayed to see our players get their medals at the end.

Stuck on that crammed Blackpool train for hours and not going anywhere was a nightmare in its self.

The best Highlight for me was wee Novo banging in that penalty, we were in the basketball stadium next to the ground and it was fantastic as was the buses back in the town centre as we joined the support coming out the stadium.

That is probably my best Rangers highlight ever.

Bullshit. We where behind the goal opposite the Zenit fans and I we couldn't hear them. Tbf though, that ground doesn't generate a good atmosphere, you can even see that when city play.

Totally gutted that night....

But getting the boat over was unbelievable, the trip down the motorway, scarfs and flags hanging out every car....

Getting into Manchester and couldn't believe the amount of bears.... The singing and build up to the game was something I will never ever forget.

Just a pity about the result.

Was at the game but had it recorded on the HDD. Watched wee bits of it over time before finally deleting it. On watching it back I didn't think we actually played as poorly as I thought at the time although we never looked like winning it.

Still have this image burned on my brain of a long diagonal ball dropping down towards Whittaker in a wide left position and thinking "wtf are we trying to do here?".

Overall memory is of a fantastic day and a horrible night.

Was at the game, but the only real thing I remember from it is Alexander doing a wild run out of the box to clear a ball, and then ofcourse Novo snatching at a shot when Boyd was just behind him. Watched plently of clips of fans and "the troubles" but not watched any of the actual game, will happily never watch it to be honest!

Anyone know where i can watch the whole match ? or is there a dvd of it at all ?

I've not had time to read all the pages on this thread so some one might have told were to buy it, but I saw the DVD in 'Thats Entertainment' Argyle Street under the bridge a few weeks back for £1.99, couldn't bring myself to buy it, hope this helps

I have a copy of this match on my computer along with about 30 other matches from the '07-'08 season. Most of the games are from Europe, including our entire run through the UEFA Cup, but I also have the CIS Insurance Cup final, the Scottish Cup semi-final (don't have the final), the pre-season friendly against Chelsea, and some league matches. I've actually got a few different copies of the UEFA Cup Final - from ITV (including the ITV 4 Match Preview), from Telechannel Sport (Russian), two Spanish version, and the audio from BBC Five Live Audio Commentary (and no, I haven't rewatched any of them).

I've also got most of our matches in Europe from '06-'07 and some other stuff like Juventus at Ibrox in '95, away to Red Star Belgrade in '90, '87 SKOL Cup Final against the Sheep, the '99 shame game when we won the league at the piggery, and Helicopter Sunday. I had inquired with the admins about making some or all of this material available here on RM when I first signed up as I had done over on the Follow, Follow boards but was told it was not allowed.

I have a copy of this match on my computer along with about 30 other matches from the '07-'08 season. Most of the games are from Europe, including our entire run through the UEFA Cup, but I also have the CIS Insurance Cup final, the Scottish Cup semi-final (don't have the final), the pre-season friendly against Chelsea, and some league matches. I've actually got a few different copies of the UEFA Cup Final - from ITV (including the ITV 4 Match Preview), from Telechannel Sport (Russian), two Spanish version, and the audio from BBC Five Live Audio Commentary (and no, I haven't rewatched any of them).

I've also got most of our matches in Europe from '06-'07 and some other stuff like Juventus at Ibrox in '95, away to Red Star Belgrade in '90, '87 SKOL Cup Final against the Sheep, the '99 shame game when we won the league at the piggery, and Helicopter Sunday. I had inquired with the admins about making some or all of this material available here on RM when I first signed up as I had done over on the Follow, Follow boards but was told it was not allowed.

Eh? You cannot watch Rangers media on Rangers media! <cr>

I've not had time to read all the pages on this thread so some one might have told were to buy it, but I saw the DVD in 'Thats Entertainment' Argyle Street under the bridge a few weeks back for £1.99, couldn't bring myself to buy it, hope this helps

Thanks man appreciate it

Anyone know where i can watch the whole match ? or is there a dvd of it at all ?

I was working the night of the final and have never seen the match and tbh will never! Think that's what separates us from them, they'll buy the Sevilla final but we never accept 2nd best.