McCulloch up front

RANGERST1LLADIE

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - when I heard the team on the tranny, (was working the day next to two Jungle Jims) I thought it was a good shout, I posted last week after the Dundee United game that if we are going to play the sky high way then they needed someone with a presence up front, Jig gave us that today - he played there for Motherwell and Wigan so was always worth a shout. I thought Bocanegra was superb today, never lost a header. There may well be life without Jela

Does anyone else find it funny how our game plan was to pump the ball to healy for the full 90 last week, but when we actually had presence up front we very rarely pumped it and played a good bit on the deck yesterday?

Does anyone else find it funny how our game plan was to pump the ball to healy for the full 90 last week, but when we actually had presence up front we very rarely pumped it and played a good bit on the deck yesterday?

Aye, and that everyone can see how well we play with the ball on the deck but yet next week we might end up back pumping it up front.

Knew he would, been banging on about him being put upfront ever since Lafferty got injured. Surprised we haven't used him in that type of role sooner.

We as a team would have been better if we had used him as a lone striker and played the 4-2-3-1, over the last few weeks.

Knew he would, been banging on about him being put upfront ever since Lafferty got injured. Surprised we haven't used him in that type of role sooner.

We as a team would have been better if we had used him as a lone striker and played the 4-2-3-1, over the last few weeks.

Agreed.

Love how most of you lot were giving McCulloch death not too long ago. Funny how people change eh? Always supported the big man!

Glad he came good for you then! :)

But it has been a while coming...........

Not his fault we haven 't needed his talents up front for a while (and he showed he has a fair bit yesterday), but he has been out of place at CM.

Would be happy to see him rotating for a front line place if he's going to carry on like that til end of season - you can actually build things off him, which you can't always say with Laff.

Love how most of you lot were giving McCulloch death not too long ago. Funny how people change eh? Always supported the big man!

Speaking for myself, I always support every Rangers player when they are on the pitch and give them my 100% backing. That is a different thing to thinking they should be playing in the team.

He did really well; in a position suited to him. That in no way vindicates his inclusion at CM and certainly isn’t any justification for him playing CM, if anything, it is the complete opposite. Just shows what kind of job he can do when played in his proper position.

Once again, well in Jig and a good move by Ally for sticking him up there.

Lee offered more in terms of link up play than any other target man this season. I thought he as tremendous. really refreshing to see a striker who can control the ball, fight for the ball, head the ball and bring others into play. Also what a strike by the way. If Jela had of scored that, we would have been waxing lyrical about it for months. Well done big lee !

Lee offered more in terms of link up play than any other target man this season. I thought he as tremendous. really refreshing to see a striker who can control the ball, fight for the ball, head the ball and bring others into play. Also what a strike by the way. If Jela had of scored that, we would have been waxing lyrical about it for months. Well done big lee !

I was of the opinion some weeks ago that Jig would get Ally the sack if he kept insisting on playing him.

Now it looks like he could turn out to be the answer up front, for the time being.

Funny how things turn around.