right back

marmalade1872

Broaders until Whitt gets back, Bartley had another poor game today. He'd be better at CB and Goian hasn't been at his best lately, I dunno. Think Goian will pick up, that broken nose is doing him no favours.

Anyways, wish we had went for Jaager, if we can afford to give Cousin 5-7k a week then why not 2.5k for Enar, ah well. Glad :Broadfoot: is back as big Kyle has been quite a bombsare since coming back tbh.

Bartley is terrible there, but he shouldn't be put in that position by the manager. If he has to be played, it should be in place of Goian who has been woeful lately and he appears to have been sussed by the opposition managers who try to exploit his non-existant pace at every turn. It really baffles me that McCoist doesn't feel the need to change things.

Why'd we let McMillan go, surely he wasn't on a big wage?

Because he wasnt good enough.

Broadfoot's had some great games for us at full back, doesn't cut it in the big games (with the exception of Old Trafford away).

Broadfoot is better at right back than Bartley. Bartley should be playing CH with Goian dropped til his nose is fixed & his confidence picks up. Hes been all over the place recently imo.

Broadfoot is better at right back than Bartley. Bartley should be playing CH with Goian dropped til his nose is fixed & his confidence picks up. Hes been all over the place recently imo.

How was McMillan not good enough? He never let us down.

I agree that Broadfoot should be playing over Bartley at right back every day of the week. However if Goians getting dropped Perry should get his place, another one who hasn't let us down.

I have criticised Bartley in the past so I paid particular attention to him today.OK the guy was playing out of his preferred position but he has so many weaknesses that it surprises me Arsenal retain him.Maybe 4/5 years down the line he will be a decent CB but not at any top team in my opinion.Interesting that Mark Hately suggested before the start today that Bartley would have in his loan contract that he is to play a certain number of games.I dont think he is worth a start right now and Broadfoot is a far better option.

How was McMillan not good enough? He never let us down.

I agree that Broadfoot should be playing over Bartley at right back every day of the week. However if Goians getting dropped Perry should get his place, another one who hasn't let us down.

He hardly played a game and was never gonna make it with Rangers. With Broadfoot & Roger injured he still couldnt get a game. Didnt even notice him today. Perry has looked decent but given the choice id play Bartley before him.

He hardly played a game and was never gonna make it with Rangers. With Broadfoot & Roger injured he still couldnt get a game. Didnt even notice him today. Perry has looked decent but given the choice id play Bartley before him.

Using that logic Ross McCormack "wasn't good enough" despite the fact he would be our best forward (not counting Naisy) if we still had him... Players not getting a chance doesn't mean they aren't good enough.

I think Bartleys looked poor in all positions this season to be honest. Perrys been solid when he's played.

He's put in some shocking performances this season, but we do miss Whittaker. He gets skinned alarmingly often, but at least he's normally in roughly the right position before that happens. Bartley seemed to think he was on the right side of a back 3 at times today (and against Aberdeen, where his positioning for the goal was woeful.). Also, he can cross a ball. Broadfoot can occasionally do it; Bartley can't do it at all as far as I can tell. Not a full-back.

I think an on-form Whittaker - who we haven't seen this season - is definitely better than Broadfoot: given his pre-injury performances it's an open question and I'd give Kirk a run to stake a claim at least until Whittaker's fit again, and then make a decision. Both are much better options than Bartley, who should not be fielded in that position again.

Bartley isn't a right back, why he nevr played ortiz there is a question we may never no.

Whits is far better in defensive midfield and I think is needed there to give more security to defence.

Broadfoot is a right back and if given a run in team will improve.

Should Broadfoot be injured again I would play edu there as he was ok when played there and has done so for USA on many occasions.

Mcculloch seems to have relished playing up front again and should stay there so he or cousin is fit.

How bocanegra would do as DM intigues me Bartley and Goian as a pair doesn't enthuse me but with bocanegra as cover, it's radical.?????

only till whits gets back of course.

Davis cannot be relied on defensively and edu is a good harrier but not a DM

Bartley isn't a right back, why he nevr played ortiz there is a question we may never no.

Whits is far better in defensive midfield and I think is needed there to give more security to defence.

Broadfoot is a right back and if given a run in team will improve.

Should Broadfoot be injured again I would play edu there as he was ok when played there and has done so for USA on many occasions.

Mcculloch seems to have relished playing up front again and should stay there so he or cousin is fit.

How bocanegra would do as DM intigues me Bartley and Goian as a pair doesn't enthuse me but with bocanegra as cover, it's radical.?????

only till whits gets back of course.

Davis cannot be relied on defensively and edu is a good harrier but not a DM

WTF

WTF

WTF