the adminastrators, our history

krissg910

is there anyway that we(the support) can in the worst case scenario demand that if someone is going to buy or assets ect and do the "pheonix club" that our history must be part of the package.

i for one cant bear the thought that all our titles/cups ect are lost and a new rangers starts from scratch. i also have my doubts how i would feel to such a club, espcially without our history.

this is a serious question i am asking so none a the usual shite

if we have to start from scrach again no 1 can erase history every will still know we won 54 league titles 9 in a row 1972 euro cup win every 1 will still know that we are still better then the kids team from across the city but i agree if we have to form a new club then our history comes with it

We have to re-apply for a license. If its granted, which it will be, then we can apply to continue to use our name, our history comes with it. This is where i think we'll get hammered for next season, leeds style. Im sure thats part of the reason their points deduction was so severe, it was part of a penalty.

It'll not matter a jot anyway, i know my clubs history and no timmy pish will ever change that

We have to re-apply for a license. If its granted, which it will be, then we can apply to continue to use our name, our history comes with it. This is where i think we'll get hammered for next season, leeds style. Im sure thats part of the reason their points deduction was so severe, it was part of a penalty.

It'll not matter a jot anyway, i know my clubs history and no timmy pish will ever change that

Thanks interesting point. You heard that officially? Basically a phoenix company applies for licence, and if accepted we keep our name and history etc.

What's the difference to the Wimbledon scenario where they seem to have ceased altogether?

Thanks interesting point. You heard that officially? Basically a phoenix company applies for licence, and if accepted we keep our name and history etc.

What's the difference to the Wimbledon scenario where they seem to have ceased altogether?

I was reading bout it earlier, to be honest mate with the amount of articles and Q&A's ive read over the last day or two, i cant remember exactly where i read it. Basically, once the club is bought again officially, they apply to the spl and sfa for a license. Id imagine that will be granted, because like it or not, scottish footvall needs rangers. Once the license is granted, we can request permission no continue to trade using our name. The spl clubs dont get a say in the matter, but the spl board does. They may agree to allow us to keep our name, but im sure given whos on the board, they'll try and hammer us for it. Im sure leeds lost 25points because of it. The bullshit about us being sent to division 3 is exactly that, bullshit. Theres nothing in place to make that happen, UNLESS we're relegated to the first division, as sfl rules and spl rules are different

Im not 100% on the inns and outs of it,but i'll try n find the article, it was good reading. Not all plain sailing, but reassuring.

Leeds' problem was caused by the way they came out of administration, hence the extra points deduction - lesson to be learned from that.

As long as we're able to play under the name of Rangers FC, surely the history must remain intact?

Plenty of clubs change their business vehicle without losing their identity - our separated brethren ran out of cash so went from being a private limited company to a public one to raise more dosh.

They still claim they won the European Cup, don't they?

Why did Fiorentina not lose their history? They had to start from scratch.

Celtic plc is a new legal entity from celtic Football and Athletic Club...what's the difference?

Perhaps company law is different in Italy?

I'm really not sure how we can be a completely new company but remain the same football club

Perhaps company law is different in Italy?

I'm really not sure how we can be a completely new company but remain the same football club

They still have their European honours, so it's not Italian law.

What's it got to do with company law anyway? Plenty of clubs have changed their company structure and still been the same club...including the tarriers. ("reconstituted" their company, they called it)

They still have their European honours, so it's not Italian law.

What's it got to do with company law anyway? Plenty of clubs have changed their company structure and still been the same club...including the tarriers. ("reconstituted" their company, they called it)

I just don't know how easy it is to become a new company but stay the same football club as far as the football authorities are concerned

I just don't know how easy it is to become a new company but stay the same football club as far as the football authorities are concerned

Well it seems that others have done it quite easily.

I just don't know why bluenoses are buying this tarrier shite that they're peddling, that if our company name changes, we aren't Rangers any more...and that's all it is...tarrier driven shite.

So if we are erasing the part of my memory about Rangers so that I live my life going forward pretending that we never won anything, ever, can I please ask that they erase some memories from a few Friday and Saturday nights when i was younger? Would be appreciated, thanks. (tu)

Idiots.

Well it seems that others have done it quite easily.

I just don't know why bluenoses are buying this tarrier shite that they're peddling, that if our company name changes, we aren't Rangers any more...and that's all it is...tarrier driven shite.

The devil is often in the detail with these things ... I just wouldn't be too sure about any of this until we know for sure

Have a look at Leeds Utd on wiki and you'll see them listed with all their honours. However it is true that the penalty for them being allowed to carry on was starting the next season with a large points reduction. I'm pretty sure there are no set rules in the SPL for this scenario but I'm just as sure that Celtic would push for a similar penalty. I would imagine that Sky would have somthing to say about that though as they don't want to cover an uncompetitive league.

I would very much support an away fans boycott if this happens (except OF games - that would be a waste of time)

As mentioned earlier, Leeds were deemed to have committed a second offence by failing to exit administration in the correct manner - so they copped another points deduction the next season.

As long as we follow the rules, there shouldn't be an issue

Have a look at Leeds Utd on wiki and you'll see them listed with all their honours. However it is true that the penalty for them being allowed to carry on was starting the next season with a large points reduction. I'm pretty sure there are no set rules in the SPL for this scenario but I'm just as sure that Celtic would push for a similar penalty. I would imagine that Sky would have somthing to say about that though as they don't want to cover an uncompetitive league.

I would very much support an away fans boycott if this happens (except OF games - that would be a waste of time)

I have over the years watched my local non-league English team Northwich Victoria.

They have been in administration 2-3 times now in last 6-8 years. New company names have been started but the actual club name has always stayed the same with the same club history. This is what I think will happen. They have had points deducted and been relegated because of it but that is because of the leagues they were in own specific rules. The SPL's rules doesn't mention relegation so they won't but if we start a phoenix company as it is being called it could be splightly different.

As to what I have read on where we will re-join the league.

We have to apply for a licesnse from the SPL and SFL to be part of the SPL and the SFA (I think has to agree to it all). If the SPL don't grant us a license this is where I beleive that we will have to re-start in the SFL and where that will be will be for them to decided, but again they would have to grant us a license to do so.