Story About Whyte

derekweir29

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell would anyone give someone £24 million on the security..."Well I might own Rangers next week"

Used to work in a bank & my boss lent a woman several thousands on the strength of those letters you used to get from Readers Digest telling you you'd won a million......

The amusing thing about these articles is that they don't actually allege or accuse Whyte of anything, just as well, everything he has done is perfectly legal and used by business every day of the year, a total nothing story.

Hahahah tell me does the earth's crust resemble that of a pie or bread

Potential anger aside, why on earth would he do such a thing?

He thought Rangers was just like every other business he's asset stripped over the years and he could get away with being paid £6m to take it over, then use his secured creditor status in liquidation to get it free of charge without any debt, and sell it for a huge profit to someone else.

Alternatively, if that plan failed, the worst that could happen is that he got paid £6m to take over a worthless company.

What he forgot of course is that football clubs are unique, because firstly they have fans, not customers, and the value of the company depends entirely on its league membership which isn't an asset it controls. Secondly he forgot that Rangers is unique in terms of football clubs because its fans are unique.

Im not sure about that WVB - he has categorically stated time and time again he did not do this.

Maybe he got his secretary to do it then? ;)

Just because he never did it, doesn't mean it wasn't done. Nor does that make it illegal as far as I am aware.

Its all in the wording with these slippery types.