Story About Whyte

derekweir29

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a soft landing job the more I read it. If politicians are about to announce bad news they leak it to the press a couple of days early, softens the shock value when the full facts are revealed. Either Ticketus or the administrators have briefed the Mail.

Still can't quite get my head round it..

Assuming its true, can anyone explain the repercussions?

Who would be worse off here - Rangers, Whyte, or the ticket agency?

Surely they wouldn't have put themselves into a situation where they are left with £24m of useless tickets ???

Surely they wouldn't have put themselves into a situation where they are left with £24m of useless tickets ???

It would serve them right for trying to buy £24m worth of Rangers tickets, from someone who didn't even have a caur ticket.

Well I suspect two of those three will survive in some shape or other, and I suspect one will have to run as far and fast as they can.

If it's proven to be true then it explains precisely why AJ has requested investigations on behalf of the old board of directors because it would be illegal for both Whyte AND the previous directors if they had been involved in it, but everything points to AJ and co' not being involved in Whyte's ticket deal so they need to clear their names of the illegal activity as well as bring the whole deal under serious scrutiny and proper investigation. It's so serious that our previous directors (if they had been involved) could face not only bans as directors, but jail time. So, AJ calling for the investigations isn't purely for the good of the club, it's also for his own benefit and the benefit of other previous directors of our board. I'm sure none of them fancy doing time in the klink along with Craig Whyte.

Another couple of aspects of it and actually the most important aspects if it's proven to be true, are that any securities or guarantees (like tickets for example) given in connection with the illegal act would most likely be void and unenforceable. On top of that, the share purchase agreement between Whyte and Murray for the takeover of the club would also most likely be void.

If it's proven to be true then it explains precisely why AJ has requested investigations on behalf of the old board of directors because it would be illegal for both Whyte AND the previous directors if they had been involved in it, but everything points to AJ and co' not being involved in Whyte's ticket deal so they need to clear their names of the illegal activity as well as bring the whole deal under serious scrutiny and proper investigation. It's so serious that our previous directors (if they had been involved) could face not only bans as directors, but jail time. So, AJ calling for the investigations isn't purely for the good of the club, it's also for his own benefit and the benefit of other previous directors of our board. I'm sure none of them fancy doing time in the klink along with Craig Whyte.

Another couple of aspects of it and actually the most important aspects if it's proven to be true, are that any securities or guarantees (like tickets for example) given in connection with the illegal act would most likely be void and unenforceable. On top of that, the share purchase agreement between Whyte and Murray for the takeover of the club would also most likely be void.

I hope all of them end up in Jail and Ticketus has no security and the administrators can sell RFC to a completely NEW owner and management team.

I started off last monday morning backing Whyte to get us through this mess and as time has gone on with every day and every new peice of information I can't stand the guy and want him away from the club as fast as possible!

I hope all of them end up in Jail and Ticketus has no security and the administrators can sell RFC to a completely NEW owner and management team.

This would be a good outcome. (tu)

Rangers is the only thing that matters.

Ticketus doesn't have any security with Rangers assets. A new owner would be just the ticket.

That would seem unlikely tbh, the worry is what has Whyte secured the money against? I am worried it has been secured against a club asset.

Hopefully not but I am sorry to say I just cant see Whyte placing the risk on his shoulders.