Whyte knows what he is doing

andymcg1986

Have you noticed that the Blue Knights and everyone else who are quoted as 'interested' in the press have only just emerged as possible buyers. None of them were remotely interested in associating themselves with Rangers when Murray was still at the helm and with the debts and Tax cases looming. I never noticed the Blue Knights charging in with £75million to pay off Lloyds Bank, HMRC and other creditors and keep the club in the Champions league. They are a lot more interested once Whyte has done all the dirty work. (and lets face it, we were in the worst possible position financially under SDM....just ask McLeish, Smith and McCoist). Whyte came after all of that, and has made his name mud in everyone's eyes,by putting his neck on the line, and by putting the club into administration hopefully to achieve a CVA and a fresh start, relatively debt free (albeit by forfeiting 4 years advance season ticket sales). If he manages to ring fence the stadium and Murray Park from the creditors then he has done a job. I'm sure the Blue knights are thinking exactly the same way.

£75m?

Wee Jock never knew!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if whyte hadn't come forward we wouldn't be in administration.

That's a bold statement.

So where was the £18 million for the bank and the £9million operating debt figure quoted in the press going to come from. Murray was not going to cough up. Would it have been ok for Murray to mortgage off the next 4 years ticket sales, because there wasn't any money anywhere else. Sell Murray park, or God forbid, Ibrox. That might just about have saved us from administration.

We were heading straight for the same outcome. The commentators have been saying it for years...we've just been sticking our heads in the sand. Lloyds TSB are in a pretty poor state themselves right now and could have pulled the plug anytime, never mind HMRC win or lose scenario.

we'd have let weir, healy papac, Weiss, foster and diouf leave. We wouldn't have signed anyone and taken the first decent bid for jelavic. Edu would likely have left in January there had the same bids came in for him. Wylde would also have went

Lloyds would have shat themselves once euro football vanished and we would have had Lloyds 18 mill still there and the big tax case looming.

that's about right.

so what's the difference now.

edus still here. none of the players mentioned apart from him started on Saturday.

we owe ticketus 28 million and whyte possibly 18 and we are in administration.

not forgetting the 15 million we now owe the tax man.

that's about right.

so what's the difference now.

edus still here. none of the players mentioned apart from him started on Saturday.

we owe ticketus 28 million and whyte possibly 18 and we are in administration.

we have bocanegra, goian Wallace aluko and ally did get to buy mckay bedoya and ortiz. We wouldn't have had any of them under Lloyds

i doubt even Walter could have worked with a squad like that

Have you noticed that the Blue Knights and everyone else who are quoted as 'interested' in the press have only just emerged as possible buyers. None of them were remotely interested in associating themselves with Rangers when Murray was still at the helm and with the debts and Tax cases looming. I never noticed the Blue Knights charging in with £75million to pay off Lloyds Bank, HMRC and other creditors and keep the club in the Champions league. They are a lot more interested once Whyte has done all the dirty work. (and lets face it, we were in the worst possible position financially under SDM....just ask McLeish, Smith and McCoist). Whyte came after all of that, and has made his name mud in everyone's eyes,by putting his neck on the line, and by putting the club into administration hopefully to achieve a CVA and a fresh start, relatively debt free (albeit by forfeiting 4 years advance season ticket sales). If he manages to ring fence the stadium and Murray Park from the creditors then he has done a job. I'm sure the Blue knights are thinking exactly the same way.

We clearly werent in the worst possible position financially under Murray as we are now in it.

As for Whyte "doing the dirty work" WAKEY FUKKIN WAKEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree with you.

The hated rivals in the east have their "plastic Paddies" and all Rangers got was a "plastic billionaire". What I find astonishing in all this is the complete lack of knowledge about the finances of Whyte ... The Sun proclaimed him a billionaire, but no one has ever been able to point to any successful business ventures. Look at other examples. Mike Ashley, owner of Newcastle United, made a billion out of Sports Direct and before him Messrs Hall and Shepherd made millions from the Metro Centre and Shepherd Offshore respectively. Roman Abramovich of Chelsea was the major shareholder of Sibneft, a giant Russian oil company. Stan Kroenke, the majority shareholder in Arsenal, owns the NFL's St Louis Rams (the starting value for NFL franchises is $750 million) and is married into the Walton clan ... and that doesn't mean John Boy, it's the family of Sam walton, founder of Walmart. Randy Lerner (Aston Villa) and the Glazer family (Manchester United) are also NFL franchise owners. John Henry at Liverpool owns the historic Boston Red Sox baseball franchise. Next to nothing is known about Whyte ... it's a bit like the emperor's new clothes.

We clearly werent in the worst possible position financially under Murray as we are now in it.

As for Whyte "doing the dirty work" WAKEY FUKKIN WAKEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To a certain degree Whyte has been left "holding the baby", but his conduct is suspect. Murray's pride, ego and arrogance wouldn't allow him to be the man to take Rangers into administration, but sooner or later it was a step that he wouldn't have been able to avoid. While Murray's ego rode the tsunami of success and the acclaim that came with it, the dour Fergus McCann took the grief in the east end of Glasgow and built a viable and sustainable business. Murray was a hero, now he's a villain. McCann was a hero and then a villain and now he's a visionary hero again. The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

To a certain degree Whyte has been left "holding the baby", but his conduct is suspect. Murray's pride, ego and arrogance wouldn't allow him to be the man to take Rangers into administration, but sooner or later it was a step that he wouldn't have been able to avoid. While Murray's ego rode the tsunami of success and the acclaim that came with it, the dour Fergus McCann took the grief in the east end of Glasgow and built a viable and sustainable business. Murray was a hero, now he's a villain. McCann was a hero and then a villain and now he's a visionary hero again. The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

If the liar hadnt made an arse of things by even thinking he could run a football club, then we would be in a much stronger position under Murray, despite all the misgivings people have of Murray.

The club was unsellable and that is one of the main reasons, i have been very suspect of Whyte and previously Ellis from the offski. (tu)

I got chatting to one of stuart mcalls coaches at motherwell last night and i asked him if he had heard owt on rangers and he says he could spend an hour telling me stuff,he did add that craig whyte knows what he is up to .I also complimented him on jamie murphy and h said that we nearly bought him in the summer,i suggested to him that it would be a long time till we bough anyone and he said quite strongly that we have to be patient as there is good news around the corner ,also we would be getting new pkayers sooner than we think

I got chatting to one of stuart mcalls coaches at motherwell last night and i asked him if he had heard owt on rangers and he says he could spend an hour telling me stuff,he did add that craig whyte knows what he is up to .I also complimented him on jamie murphy and h said that we nearly bought him in the summer,i suggested to him that it would be a long time till we bough anyone and he said quite strongly that we have to be patient as there is good news around the corner ,also we would be getting new pkayers sooner than we think

We cannot sign anyone until out of admin and the window opens again, so it'll be a fair while.

Isn't it amazing though how many new members have such inside news. It certainly puts the more established members to shame!

We cannot sign anyone until out of admin and the window opens again, so it'll be a fair while.

Isn't it amazing though how many new members have such inside news. It certainly puts the more established members to shame!

I'm reliably informed by a source at Rangersmedia that most inside source posts are bullshit.

Our administrators still don't know what's goin on but some guy at Motherwell does. :lol: