Whyte knows what he is doing

andymcg1986

Nothing in there that can be argued about, and you have been consistent throughout.

thanks mate.

I try to tell it as I see it. often I am wrong but I've been to close for comfort on this mess.

as I said I was told p Murray is trying to save us from liquidation. I hope he can.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this scenario they get nothing though, right? If we form a newCo then they lose all the small and big tax case money (should they win the big case).

If we came out of admin tomorrow wouldn't the big case not be included in the CVA? In which case they'd want us out of admin as soon as possible.

the cva offer will be decided by whytes mates.

will it be much better than nothing?

Its really sad that anyone thinks being liquidated is the way forward. It actually makes me unhappy that a fellow bear thinks that way. Being liquidated doesnt mean we lose all our debts and start again as if nothing has happened. If that was the case every football team would do it. Man U, Chelsea etc. would love to get rid of the 1/2 billion debts they have in one simple move. This is not how its works. You lose out on European football, probably drop to the lowest division, face the distinct possibility that no creditors will come near you again, all major assets will be stripped from the club and sold. Why is anyone thinking this is good? It would be a decade before we recovered, in fact we would never fully recover from it.

As I understand it (and I'm not an expert) the longer we are in administration with our debts unresolved the more likely liquidation becomes. Whilst the administrators said, quite rightly, that liquidation was 'unlikely at that time, they will not remain in place searching for a solution indefinitely. The more complicated our financial position becomes - and I'm talking about Collyer Bristow's 'refusal' to cooperate with the administrators and give them access to the money in Whyte's client account - then the more threatening liquidation becomes.

I'm not trying to be a 'prophet of doom'. Like you 'm desperate for a solution and for the Blue Knights (or someone else) to ride to our rescue! The whole damn thing is like the death of a thousand cuts!!

BELIEVE ME I REALLY, REALLY HOPE I'M TOTALL WRONG.

Have you noticed that the Blue Knights and everyone else who are quoted as 'interested' in the press have only just emerged as possible buyers. None of them were remotely interested in associating themselves with Rangers when Murray was still at the helm and with the debts and Tax cases looming. I never noticed the Blue Knights charging in with £75million to pay off Lloyds Bank, HMRC and other creditors and keep the club in the Champions league. They are a lot more interested once Whyte has done all the dirty work. (and lets face it, we were in the worst possible position financially under SDM....just ask McLeish, Smith and McCoist). Whyte came after all of that, and has made his name mud in everyone's eyes,by putting his neck on the line, and by putting the club into administration hopefully to achieve a CVA and a fresh start, relatively debt free (albeit by forfeiting 4 years advance season ticket sales). If he manages to ring fence the stadium and Murray Park from the creditors then he has done a job. I'm sure the Blue knights are thinking exactly the same way.

Have you noticed that the Blue Knights and everyone else who are quoted as 'interested' in the press have only just emerged as possible buyers. None of them were remotely interested in associating themselves with Rangers when Murray was still at the helm and with the debts and Tax cases looming.

Alea iacta est.

They're coming forward now because the Rubicon has been crossed. There's no going back.

no. nor should they have

Well I could think of a couple of good reasons if they had the club at heart, for instance they could have come forward with their consortium a year ago, paid the debts and kept the good name of the club intact. I'm sure SDM would have taken any decent offer whatsoever afterall he had been trying to offload for years but no-one was interested. What about keeping us in the Champion's League, would that not have been a good reason?

Tell me what would have happened had Whyte not come forward?

Well I could think of a couple of good reasons if they had the club at heart, for instance they could have come forward with their consortium a year ago, paid the debts and kept the good name of the club intact. I'm sure SDM would have taken any decent offer whatsoever afterall he had been trying to offload for years but no-one was interested. What about keeping us in the Champion's League, would that not have been a good reason?

the only offer sdm would have taken was if they took on responsibility for the big tax case.

something no one should have had to do except sdm.

if whyte hadn't come forward we wouldn't be in administration.

we'd have let weir, healy papac, Weiss, foster and diouf leave. We wouldn't have signed anyone and taken the first decent bid for jelavic. Edu would likely have left in January there had the same bids came in for him. Wylde would also have went

Lloyds would have shat themselves once euro football vanished and we would have had Lloyds 18 mill still there and the big tax case looming.