dunfermline wages fall short!

bell824

Yorkston was one of the few people who showed us any sympathy at all. Dunfermline do not deserve to suffer due to our own difficulties. We need all the freinds we can get at the minute

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunfermline statement: Due to delay by Administrators at RFC in paying ticket revenue.. we've had to part pay Feb salaries to all staff

Due to delay....not a "We are not getting paid" "We are getting messed around".

Or the administrators coming out and saying "Dunfermline will not be getting paid"

A delay.....just shows how some folk just love to lap up the media propoganda or fall for it i should say.

Yorkston was one of the few people who showed us any sympathy at all. Dunfermline do not deserve to suffer due to our own difficulties. We need all the freinds we can get at the minute

Perhaps his sypathies were because his club needs our money.

John Yorkstons no great guy. His club have been fined for shafting our fans in the past.

Due to delay....not a "We are not getting paid" "We are getting messed around".

Or the administrators coming out and saying "Dunfermline will not be getting paid"

A delay.....just shows how some folk just love to lap up the media propoganda or fall for it i should say.

the word delay makes alot of difference, although the op may have missed this in his rush to get this posted, certainly when posting is a rarity. Maybe this is an issue he feels strongly about.

cant really say dunfermline are living beyond there means...

from a business perspective, they calculate the revenue & evaluate what they can afford to pay in wages - nothing wrong with that.

like any other business if you dont get a huge sum of money your owed, or lose one of your biggest customers, your in trouble.

pars were one of few clubs that wished us well when we went into admin. even though we owed them money. Read somewhere that they were over 400K in red for this season so although the 85k we owe them doesn't help not the only reason they in trouble.

Great we club just a shame they can't draw the support, after all dunfermline fair sized town with loads of villages round it. Need to do what I suggested for gers get out into schools and run academies on-site draw support and pick up a few cracking wee players hopefully.

cant really say dunfermline are living beyond there means...

from a business perspective, they calculate the revenue & evaluate what they can afford to pay in wages - nothing wrong with that.

like any other business if you dont get a huge sum of money your owed, or lose one of your biggest customers, your in trouble.

So losing a £1m then reducing that loss to only just under half a million is good business perspective.

Sorry mate but like all the SPL clubs they are living beyond their means hence why they are in so much debt.

Scottish Football simply cannot sustain the levels of outgoings it has and this is a factor overlooked by so many when analysing why we are in administration.

The blunt truth of the matter is that the majority of clubs cannot afford to pay their players much more than £1,000 per week maximum. And even then i would say that is being generous. If you take a squad of say 25 players and the average wage is £1,000 per week then that still equates to a figure of around £1.3M per annum. Now that doesn't even begin to factor in the other staff and management wages.

TV money for a club like Dunfermline won't be huge. Top 6 would make a massive difference but 2nd bottom i woud guess would only net them a few hundred thousand. Factor in 4 games against the Old Firm and that would bring in around £600,000 in ticket sales.

So right away you can see that even on a wage as low as £1000 per week a club still has to generate income in excess of £1.3m just to break even.

That's why Scottish Football is fucked and may indeed one day die off completely due to the amount of money generated related to monies paid out.

So losing a £1m then reducing that loss to only just under half a million is good business perspective.

Sorry mate but like all the SPL clubs they are living beyond their means hence why they are in so much debt.

Scottish Football simply cannot sustain the levels of outgoings it has and this is a factor overlooked by so many when analysing why we are in administration.

The blunt truth of the matter is that the majority of clubs cannot afford to pay their players much more than £1,000 per week maximum. And even then i would say that is being generous. If you take a squad of say 25 players and the average wage is £1,000 per week then that still equates to a figure of around £1.3M per annum. Now that doesn't even begin to factor in the other staff and management wages.

TV money for a club like Dunfermline won't be huge. Top 6 would make a massive difference but 2nd bottom i woud guess would only net them a few hundred thousand. Factor in 4 games against the Old Firm and that would bring in around £600,000 in ticket sales.

So right away you can see that even on a wage as low as £1000 per week a club still has to generate income in excess of £1.3m just to break even.

That's why Scottish Football is fucked and may indeed one day die off completely due to the amount of money generated related to monies paid out.

whats dunfermlines current debt?

Not sure but i am fairly certain it is in the millions. Figure of around £9m was bandied about on here but not sure if that was in relation to Kilmarnock and Aberdeen or Dunfermline.

well ive no idea what the overall financial picture is at dunfermline, but they hvae only been able to pay 80% of their wage bill because theyve not received a massive sum from us. Looking at that stat alone its unfair to come to the conclusion that they are living beyond there means. Every club in the world will evaluate what their income from ticket sales will be and budget outgoings accordingly - so when we dont pay them that massive sum they are owed we just turn round and say "ah well your wage bill shouldnt really on our cash anyway".

well ive no idea what the overall financial picture is at dunfermline, but they hvae only been able to pay 80% of their wage bill because theyve not received a massive sum from us. Looking at that stat alone its unfair to come to the conclusion that they are living beyond there means. Every club in the world will evaluate what their income from ticket sales will be and budget outgoings accordingly - so when we dont pay them that massive sum they are owed we just turn round and say "ah well your wage bill shouldnt really on our cash anyway".

That's not what this debate was about. The clear inference from the media (and indeed many on here) was that we had shafted Dunfermline and were responsible for all their problems.

And for the avoidance of doubt we haven't at any time uttered that opinion. The administrators are handling the financial transactions and at no time have they come out and said Dunfermline will not be getting paid. In fact i am certain they said the opposite.

If their cashflow is so bad that they are relying on this money to pay players wages then they are living beyond their means. That is a basic financial fact.

It's terrible that we can't meet our obligations to the other clubs, however we've seen once again how the media feel about us. When I saw the headline on the news sites my first reaction was how long until this is all blamed on Rangers and it certainly didn't take long. The postponed game between Dunfermline and Kilmarnock doesn't seem to be getting as much attention as our failed payment. But I sincerely hope they get sorted soon for our benefit as much as theirs

This must be a real kick in the teeth for Yorkston. He has had so many goes at septic in the media it's pretty obvious how he sees life. But, no, it's us that end up shafting them. Right now, it's a shame, but we have bigger fish to fry.

And yet people like liewell still insist the SPL would survive without it's champions and most successful club.

How blind are these people, one set of gate receipts and a club is in trouble. I feel for dunfermline I really do, always saw them as a half decent and honest club. The administrators should put the scum on the spot and ask them to stump up the ticket cash so we can fulfill our obligations to the smaller league clubs, see how "Honest" they are actually being.

That's not what this debate was about. The clear inference from the media (and indeed many on here) was that we had shafted Dunfermline and were responsible for all their problems.

And for the avoidance of doubt we haven't at any time uttered that opinion. The administrators are handling the financial transactions and at no time have they come out and said Dunfermline will not be getting paid. In fact i am certain they said the opposite.

If their cashflow is so bad that they are relying on this money to pay players wages then they are living beyond their means. That is a basic financial fact.

That's not what this debate was about.

the sub-title of the thread is that dunfermline are living beyond their means.

we'll have to disagree on is one, they have paid 80% of the wage bill - i dont think its unreasonable for a club like Dunfermline to be really hurt by this non-payment. 800k to a team of that size, who attract much smaller sponsors etc... is a huge amount, and no-one can blame them for banking on that cash.

You could argue like Rangers gambling on making the CL group stages & buying a player based on that income you could slam as being iresponsible business practice, as we know, its not unlikely we could fail to get past the qualifiers and be left paying up a transfer fee we can't afford.

but for a football club to asses income from standard SPL fixtures and base their wage bill on that revenue is fairly straight forward, and its hard to slam them for "living beyond their means" if there wage bill is dependent on ticket income that everyone would expect them to be paid in full and on time.

And yet people like liewell still insist the SPL would survive without it's champions and most successful club.

How blind are these people, one set of gate receipts and a club is in trouble. I feel for dunfermline I really do, always saw them as a half decent and honest club. The administrators should put the scum on the spot and ask them to stump up the ticket cash so we can fulfill our obligations to the smaller league clubs, see how "Honest" they are actually being.

Lawwell was simply earning some much needed brownie points with the Celtic support. He will be well aware that we won't be going anywhere, and that if we were, they would struggle big time.

No one is clapping at it. Take your head out from your own arse for a while.

Funny... after taking my head out of my arse, I can still see posts on the first page of this thread "clapping" at Dunfermline's misfortune?!?

Dunfermline owe £10.67m of which £1m is due to creditors this year alone. The other £9m odd is owed to companies within the boardroom and doesn't require paying so quickly. To say our £80k has put them in trouble is a nonsense, yes admittedly it doesn't help their situation.

This is a prime example of how life in the SPL will be without Rangers. All those clubs who think otherwise be careful what you wish for.

Add to this reduced TV monies if we aren't in that league and things would be pretty miserable for more than a few clubs.

Clear mis-management from the people who run the Pars. They were a first division club last year, there is absolutely no reason for them to be in any financial state but a good one. Its not like they have went out and spent millions or even hundreds of thousands to compete in this league, they havent.