7 Up

supermac

Not meaning to be excessively negative and I really hope these stories are true but if there were interested parties wanting the club why didn't they come forward in the years when Murray was trying to sell.

That's it though the only negativity hopefully we can get an owner in who can sort out this mess get rid of Whyte and allow us to prosper as a club (tu)

When Murray was selling up there were too many variables in place, we'd need major restructuring and I'm not sure how good Murray would have been to work with for a deal, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be easy.

Right now we're as good a prospect as we've ever been. We've got a playing squad all on low wages and if anyone were to come in then we'd most likely be able to turn a profit with minimum investment.

Add in to the fact we're an untapped commercial source and it's a pretty decent deal for whoever buys Rangers.

indeed that would be fantastic news. Ever since we signed Beasley i always felt we could build a good connection with america. We're a patriotic club with a rich history and traditions, playing in blue red and white. We currently have a few internationals in the team including there captain, and our anthem is/was marching through georgia.

After we win the league every season it would be great if we had some sort of agreement with the MLS to go over and played a tournament with perhaps the top 2 MLS teams & maybe another european club, for extra revenue and promotion of the brand in the states.

from a business point of view it makes alot of sense, i read a cracking article last year about the recent takeover of the NY Cosmos, which was completely about the brand rather than the actual team. The new owners promote a NY Cosmos fashion line very heavily with the samba style badge and highered Pele to be the face of the brand.

Highered?! - Hired.

:lol: :lol: Am not usually one one for pulling up people on their grammar but that is excellent :lol:

Highered?! - Hired.

:lol: :lol: Am not usually one one for pulling up people on their grammar but that is excellent :lol:

:lol: deary me - i guess thats what happens when your up 'til 3am because you can't sleep thanks to the rangers fiasco.

I won't be getting too excited until anything is finalised. Been left disapointed too many times to get my hopes up too much. Hopefully a new owner will be in place by the end of the month (wishful thinking perhaps)

If it's Philip Anschutz, which I'm hearing it is. Were laughing all the way to the bank.

ah well you mentioned his name not me, so i can't get into bother :praise: my source in LA tells me he's part of a consortium, also tells me some guy called aj is involved as well (i think we all know who aj is) but my source doesn't know who aj is because he doesn't follow soccer (as he calls it) big nhl fan.

if my source is right i owe him 2 bottles of glennfiddick or whatever the whisky is called :praise:

ah well you mentioned his name not me, so i can't get into bother :praise: my source in LA tells me he's part of a consortium, also tells me some guy called aj is involved as well (i think we all know who aj is) but my source doesn't know who aj is because he doesn't follow soccer (as he calls it) big nhl fan.

if my source is right i owe him 2 bottles of glennfiddick or whatever the whisky is called :praise:

Surely cannot be fucking serious?

That WOULD be a dream come true

Well that's two different fans with the same name, must be something in it. Don't know how involved he'll be, with day to day running of the club. But with the amount he's worth, and the connections he has. It would be interesting to say the least. :D