Battle to control Rangers attracting 'global interest' – administrator

Ace

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmmm I know that Soros has a bit of previous with football , used to own dc Dallas I think , and was linked with taking over Roma , he is pals with Joe lewis but why involve Marlborough ?

It's the European league that really intrigues me , if TR is right and people in.the upper reaches of European football know this is going to happen sooner or later how many top clubs that could play in this league are up for sale ? How Many would cost a pretty paltry sum of 80 million all in (paltry to a billionaire ;) ) say TR is right and it happens , what if Soros and Joe lewis have seen this coming and speculated to accumulate , they have bought Rangers for peanuts to them , but more than that they've bought a global brand with massive support base , great stadium and training facilities. We join a euro league and with their backing do reasonably well , we get mega tv money and jump in revenue and because we are mixing it with the big boys the clubs value rockets through the roof.

Is it really that far fetched ? Just thinking out loud btw :lol:

You are bang on,You explained it all better than I have.

I think everyone's getting a bit ahead of themselves unless I'm missing something. Texas claims to know something about investor, administrators mention possible bidder from the same country we are winning a euro league in ten years ? Haha am I being pessimistic ?

Hope he is right though and I've no reason to doubt him , yet

Did the Administrators say they hope to have a new owner in place by late April/early May or

did I imagine that?

End of the season I think so about that yeah, also said they wanted to whittle it down to just serious bidders by the end of next week

I'm excited and I don't quite know why yet. Is this even a vaguely credible rumour?

Credible that's up to you guys,I put this out there 6 weeks ago before anything about Americans hit the papers (its actually Brits based in America).I got slaughtered and I expected it as it would sound way out there if there was nothing in the public domain to back me up, didn't expect personal insults all the same as were all wearing the same colours but hey water off a ducks back.

I mention epl2 and the thread gets shut down due to abuse, then 2 days ago I mention in a reply to a question on a thread that a European league is being talked about again and its a mover this time due to dwindling support at grounds and club finances around Europe. This also ended up in the Herald Today I believe. So Its up to you what you believe,I just want us to be in a positive place and I take great pleasure in shooting down the negative shit that is wrote in the media about us.Lazy journalist that cant gather there facts an finish story's off that they start,like King Suing Murray,yes very good considering You Mr King own a business with Mr Murray.All smoke a daggers from this crowd,I cant state it enough but there taking us the supporters the fans for a ride !

End of the season I think so about that yeah, also said they wanted to whittle it down to just serious bidders by the end of next week

(tu)

Thought so, read so much over the last month, tough to keep up with it all... I'll be happy when we're a club again and RM users are only debating team selections, tactics, signings etc