Manchester memories

sillybilly

I get the odd little joke about trashing their city but its never meant seriously. They all thought our support was brilliant, and it certainly was

Exactly...All i hear is people from manchester commenting on how much they respect us .

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in picadilly gardens fukin wrekd watchn burds get up on the monuments flashin their tits then the woman office workers were doin it haha fukin magic and the train station afterwards just a see of bodies lyin sleepin most face down what a day hh.gifhh.gifhh.gifhh.gifhh.gifuk.gifuk.gifuk.gif

Was that at the back,just behind the bar ?

I remember a nice blonde piece get up and flash her boobs...She was pretty tasty !

The best thing a remember was just when we got out the train at manchester victoria station was the noise of the bears belting out the billy boys at 9am.... Followed by the 12 hour sash bash at the big wheel next to the shopping centre... Ps also meeting alan hutton.. :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute:

I remember driving up from Birmingham after finishing early, getting a well-wish from my top top top boss, who I never thought would've known I was a Rangers fan, wondering why there wasn't any traffic and assuming I'd gone in the wrong direction, then suddenly seeing the stadium, dropping the car off, and then dreaming for as long as I could that the players were gonna make themselves legends.

Tickets cost over £550 from some German guy, but worth every penny just to be in the stadium.

My lasting memory will be the journey down.

We were booked into a hotel in Manchester after the game, but were so excited that we decided to drive down the night before.

The closest place we could get booked in anywhere that night was Barnsley.

Anyway, the Motorway down that night was like a pilgramige heading south. Almost every car had Rangers flags or scarves hanging out of them.

It is a memory that will live with me forever. :21:

So many good memories of that day, highlight was spending a couple of hours having a wee singsong in the shopping arcade before deciding how the fuck to get home or find somewhere to sleep

managed to get a lift back to glasgow on a supporters bus for £20 not bad, what a fucking hangover :lol:

Getting a last minute seat on a bus and heading down the mway at 6/7am, just flags n scarfs everywhere and the service stations just bouncing. At 1 stop some guys had a wet tims top on a pole n were tryin to burn it and singing shite disnae burn etc, was best bus trip ive had :crabflute:

Shite on way back though as i was pissed off i missed most of the game with the screens getting turned off (td) and i had spent the majority of day claiming my spot above the pish river in fear i missed game :mad: That being said i had some view of the blue sea :) We really are the people :21:

Standing in a M&S, the shelves were literally bare and the place was rocking with TBB. Wee old women and people on checkout looking around as if to say 'wtf is going on here??'. Amazing.

That, or having a mass bouncy in Burger King.

Or just looking around and all you could see was a sea of Bears everywhere you went.

Or that moment when I sat in my seat and though 'holy fuck, we could actually win this. one game, 90 minutes away'.

Or when some Manc stole a guys ticket and ran away, only to be chased by about 50 Bears, caught, the ticket taken off him and given back to the guy.

Fuck it, just all of it. Best day ever.

I was hiking in the Himalayas in Nepal. The girlfriend and i were just 1 day away from our destination in the Annapurna, but i insisted that we had to make our way back down to the nearest town ( Pokara) or i was going to miss the game. I arrived back in the nick of time, only for the pub to shut at half time, and so i ended up watching it back in the hotel room whilst she fell asleep. She still hasnt forgiven me for frog-marching her off that bloody mountain.

Apart from the Blue Tsunami...

A solitary Bear demanding a cheese toastie after riot police had closed the cafe at the station. Then singing Macho Macho Man at them for ten minutes while kissing his biceps and asking 'Do you want a shot at the title?'

Do you know what I can't stand that lol thing that people put after statements but this little story has made me lol !!!!

I have lots of english mates in manchester, i work down here a great deal and every single one of them describes our fans as fantastic.

The best in the world they say.

The inbreds like to say otherwise because of a very small minority of idiots ...but the scum way is lying and deceit !

:praise:

Yep - the trouble there was cant be excused but it was over hyped by the media. They were quite happy firing out drink all day from the Carlsberg stalls and taking our cash but they couldn't get a big screen to work. I didn't see any of the trouble that happened - all I saw was fans and locals lapping up a once in a lifetime experience.

Do you know what I can't stand that lol thing that people put after statements but this little story has made me lol !!!!

It was great and still gets talked about today. I should add that he wasn't threatening in any way, just taking the piss out of GMP and their heavy handed policing.

Does anyone ever notice that when your with a big group of bears singing etc that the more drunk you get the slower the singing gets :lol: if you listen to that derrys walls video on page 3 you can hear how slow theyre singing lol