Ibrox keys ready to be handed over... but taxman could scupper Rangers solution

Ace

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would the taxman want to stop the deal?

I wonder about the role of HMRC in this. What's the hold up in announcing the decision of this tribunal. They were supposed to finish it at the beginning of last year, then it was November, then it was January, then March and now in April we still haven't got a verdict. WHY?

Their lack of urgency is causing problems for us

Couldn't be that HMRC have lost could it ?

I wonder about the role of HMRC in this. What's the hold up in announcing the decision of this tribunal. They were supposed to finish it at the beginning of last year, then it was November, then it was January, then March and now in April we still haven't got a verdict. WHY?

It's the courts holding this up, not hmrc.

No, in the long run a Rangers paying full taxes will earn them more than getting a one of payment that has to be divided between x amount of creditors!

Although,(playing Devil's Advocate here) if they are gunning for others, they may want to take a hard stance and make an example of the Club.

Although,(playing Devil's Advocate here) if they are gunning for others, they may want to take a hard stance and make an example of the Club.

They will then lose tax payers money, so that wouldn't go down to well.

That is a good point, all the evidence was heard ages ago so what's the hold up?

Can you have an abuse of process in tax cases?

If it's liquidation (without CVA being agreed, i.e. not a sale of the business, but winding up because CVA failed) then it doesn't matter who gets paid, because at that point the unthinkable has happened and Rangers cease to exist.

Wednesday is only suggesting the preferred bidder, nothing is binding at that point. Until a CVA is proposed (20 April) and agreed with HMRC/Ticketus we'll be no further forward.

I've no idea who I want owning the club now. I get the feeling TBK will just carry on as before which is no good as we need to change how we operate.

I'm wary of foreign owners, no matter how much they protest they supported us as a boy. Americans are hard nosed bottom line driven investors, not suited to owning British football clubs.

Brian Kennedy strangely enough was probably the best of the bunch. Understands British football, understands the club (even if he isn't a bear) but more importantly, understands business and would inject some fresh approaches.

Wednesday is only suggesting the preferred bidder, nothing is binding at that point. Until a CVA is proposed (20 April) and agreed with HMRC/Ticketus we'll be no further forward.

Would their current contract need to be reneged first, before they were considered as a creditor ??

Would their current contract need to be reneged first, before they were considered as a creditor ??

It would depend on the form of the bid. If it's a CVA keeping the existing company, Ticketus aren't creditors so only HMRC need to agree on CVA.

If the bid is sale of business into newco and liquidation of the old company, then Ticketus will be creditors and therefore the CVA will need to include them as well as HMRC.

So, we need to see how the preferred bidder has structured their bid.

Under what circumstances will that ever happen.

None that I can think of. Care to expand on your wee gem?

As I clearly mentioned in my post, if we fail to agree a CVA then the assets of the company are broken up and sold to raise cash.

It's not going to happen though while we've got interested bidders. A failed CVA and liquidation isn't going to raise more cash than what is being bid at present. Unless of course the taxman is looking to make an example, but I believe they've been given their orders on that score.

Now fuck off with your implications, you and I have been here before.

Now fuck off with your implications, you and I have been here before.

Interesting response as I implied nothing.

I wanted an answer to your claims that: "Rangers cease to exist."

Even if the worst happens - that will not be the outcome. So WTF are you on about?