Everton chapel

He's a Rangers fan because you told him the yahoos were pedos?

To be fair if some guy asked me if I preferred a football team with history with child molestation or their cross city rivals who don't have any history of child molestion I would most probably go with the latter.

Really?

Deciding not to support a Club because of its history of child abuse is in some way frightening?

No. Deciding to support their rivals because of it is though.

It suggests that child abuse has anything whatsoever to do with football.

Fair enough, but that wasn't quite what you said.

It is. I said allegiances, rather than dislikes.

I don't find it at all strange that a person should distance themselves from insitutions which engage in that kind of behaviour, but I do find it very strange that they should ally themselves elsewhere out of spite. I'm always happy to hear somebody say they prefer us to Celtic but I don't think not raping children is worthy of any particular praise. It's pretty much normal (tu)

Work with a good fella who comes from Liverpool and supports everton. Now! I always thought the ground had a chapel but he assures me it's no chapel it's "c of e" an he knows the vicar dude as he's one of his ex teachers. It also turns out the guy was a guard for the queen and was a wee bit of a rangers fan until he met me. I have been filling him in about the child abuse, anti-British sentiment and general vileness of the nappy rippers so now he's rangers daft too. The point I'm trying to make is I always thought everton were the taig team with them having a chapel but he tells me they are the total opposite it's Liverpool who are that, any Liverpudlians or evertonians confirm this"? :uk:

I wrote on this forum a few weeks ago that Everton FC and Liverpool FC have no religious/sectarian connections at all. Bigotry and religious hatred do not have a place in football. Harry Ross is the "vicar dude" in the church at the corner of Goodison Road and Gwladys Street.

"St Luke's Church is an Anglican church in Walton, Liverpool, England. The Grade I listed building is enclosed on two sides by Everton Football Club's ground Goodison Park.

The church is located between the Gwladys Street End and Goodison Road stands of Goodison Park. The church enjoys a good relationship with Everton Football club and is the home of the Everton Former Players Foundation charity.[1] St Luke's also serves as a social centre for the club. On regular match days, the church opens up two and a half hours before kick off for supporters to come and have a cup of tea or just a sit down. Everton do not play games early on a Sunday to avoid clashing with the church's regular services.

The church has a remembrance garden, which backs onto the Gwladys Street End Stand. Here ashes of Everton fans the world over are sent, and scattered, or in some instances, shrubs and plants are planted. Plaques are made representing all those whose ashes have been sent in. Local Evertonian vicars also have their ashes scattered in the remembrance garden in St. Luke’s".

Everton's song Royal Blue Mersey:

And we hate Bill Shankley and we hate St John, most of all we hate Big Ron and we’ll hang the Kopites one by one, on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey. Oh to hell with Liverpool and Rangers too, throw them all in the Mersey and we’ll fight fight fight, with all our might for the boys in the Royal Blue Mersey! KOPITES ARE GOBSHITES, KOPITES ARE GOBSHITES, etc…

For singing they want to throw us in the Mersey, I can't wish them well

And we hate Bill Shankley and we hate St John, most of all we hate Big Ron and we’ll hang the Kopites one by one, on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey. Oh to hell with Liverpool and Rangers too, throw them all in the Mersey and we’ll fight fight fight, with all our might for the boys in the Royal Blue Mersey! KOPITES ARE GOBSHITES, KOPITES ARE GOBSHITES, etc…

Lets close the thread now, it is now apparent we have all to begin supporting liverpool from now on

I couldn't give a shit what religion they belive in both Protestantism and Catholicism are both allot of shit along with every other religion people who like/dislike a team because they were founded by people of a certian religion are a joke and need to grown up.

what the fuck you on about?

Didn't Liverpool steal the celtic anthem you'll never walk alone ? That settles it then, it's liverpool that are the taigs !

And Fields of Athenry, although that has been changed to Fields of Anfield Road.

They mention us but we don't mention them ... what does that tell you about who is the no mark little club :sherlock:

Imagine if the guy that wrote that song actually drowned in the Mersey himself.

Karma n all that.