Should we as fans be more......

MisterC

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the thing, so many beautiful songs, yet we corrupt Ibrox with this vile, tribal nonsense. For shame!

We need someone to give us some ideas about what is the right sort of song to sing. Someone everyone can look up to and respect. Someone like Bono for instance.

The Pope, The Queen and a Rabbi are on an aeroplane. They all get on just fine. The plane lands without incident.

Thats political correctness. Just no fun at all.

The Pope, the Queen and a rabbi are on a plane that is going to crash unless they lose some weight. The Pope jumps up and shouts "My people would expect this of me", and throws himself out of the plane. The Queen then jumps up and shouts "Okay, Captain he's gone...or should I say, Ratz him away". :sherlock:

I prefer to say a prayer and toast (Orange juice, of course. None of satan's syrup in this house!) to world peace before I settle in for a fine morning of football. I was under the impression most everyone did the same, no?

politically correct? All too often we are castigated by others who maybe dont quite appreciate what we are about and I thought maybe if the fans started to act in a more PC manner such attacks on us would desist. Is it worth trying, I mean its not just the religious contect people grind their gears about but also the swearing which for me has no place at the football. I am fed up hearing the F word shouted out by people who do seem to get quite het up at the football. Maybe its time fans took a chill pill and realised that football is not the be all and end all. However, realisitcally that wont happen. What is realistic is that fans act more civilised and cut out the swearing and nastiness at games and maybe behaved more resposnsibly and in a more PC manner. What do you guys think, is it time to be more PC or is it not that big a deal?

I don't know if PC is the correct words (and I think Politics and religion have NO place) and while I appreciate passion in supporting a team - especially our team - I think we have lost that element of sportmans ship. WE seem to hate everyone - everyone hates us - etc. etc. but it is a sport and we should admire good play from others - we used to acknowledge this. Also referees have always come in for a lot of stick BUT its becoming rediculous now - how often do managers blame the decisions (Ally is not to bad on this point) but its a general malaise in the game!

A wee bit more sportsmanship (which would cover your swearing points) is what I would like to see.

I don't know if PC is the correct words (and I think Politics and religion have NO place) and while I appreciate passion in supporting a team - especially our team - I think we have lost that element of sportmans ship. WE seem to hate everyone - everyone hates us - etc. etc. but it is a sport and we should admire good play from others - we used to acknowledge this. Also referees have always come in for a lot of stick BUT its becoming rediculous now - how often do managers blame the decisions (Ally is not to bad on this point) but its a general malaise in the game!

A wee bit more sportsmanship (which would cover your swearing points) is what I would like to see.

I don't think you've read the thread Pete,

Anyway, ban football on a Sunday, go to Church, watch Songs of Praise followed by Horlicks and off to bed.

The swearing is bad enough - it's fucking awful to be honest - but I'd like to see more done to protect our spiritual well being and, indeed, for political correctness in our language and behaviour to be extended. Perhaps the club could expand it's mission statement to make wider provisions in an effort to save our souls. We should get the Right Rev David Arnott to offer guidance and clarity as he's not only a very good man - but we need not ask which school he attended. He might, for example, lead a pre-kick-off prayer to replace the altogether too rowdy rendition of Penny Arcade. A song we need to recognise as wholly inappropriate itself, what with it's incantations to overindulge in the evils of gambling.

I'd ask for women to be barred from the stadium as a first step. Not only do they not know anything about the game itself, but can be a very distracting distraction from the match which needs little enough help as it stands to have your attention distracted from.

By way of example, and at the recent game versus the sporting wing, a MILF, in the row in front of me, had made the error of wearing a far too tight top (provocatively low cut into the bargain) and there they she sat, a constantly moving, wobbling diversion from the match itself. I was beside her myself when she shamelessly gave way to temptation and joined the mad bouncy tribal dance. Her bouncy was, admittedly, a very special thing indeed.

To make matters worse, she seemed to be alone and so had probably left an honest man at home to make his own lunch.

Her wanton behaviour just highlights everything that's wrong with the modern game. A fleshy microcosm of football in society.

MisterC get's my vote.

Colin we also have to get rid of these drunken idiots who attach themselves to our club, you know the ones, going on about Derry's walls and Fucking Bobby Sands etc.

A disgrass to our club and to the many decent pc fans we have. The swearing is also sickening and the abuse to substitutes of opposing teams when they are warming up is some of the most sickening i have ever heard.

Abide with me is a favourite of mine hopefully that bigoted corner of Ibrox starts this rather than that loyalist stuff they sing