BK and TBK Joint Bid

Leeds_Bear

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Liquidation and Newco not an option for this bid.

Would mean no 'Newco sanctions' (i.e. Europe for 3 years, and any sanctions agrees on the SPL meeting on April 30th)

Would mean remaining in the SPL (no division 3)

Would still mean no European football next season but that's the least of our worries.

Would be a massive GIRFUY to the rest of Scottish football trying to kill us off. :moon:

Hopefully we would be able to get the SFA ruling overturned/reduced on appeal.

We can all only cross our fingers and hope TBK / BK can pull this off (tu)

Think getting shytes shares may prove more difficult than CVA after his statement he wants to hold onto 25% of shares. He cant be playing with a full deck if he thinks anyone will stand for that.

If its between him having 25% of the shares and us not agreeing a CVA I know which one id prefer.

Obviously we'd rather him out the picture though.

Whatever share he has, as long as TBK have more than 50% were sorted.

We can dilute his share holding even further in the share issue following a TBK takeover.

I want to take this opportunity to apoligise to Gunslinger, if it turns out that he has been correct about TBK all along.

I'm not too arrogant to do so. (tu)

I still don't like you posting shite from the Rhecord though. :lol:

needent appologise to me mate.

I'm confident I'm right (tu)

If its between him having 25% of the shares and us not agreeing a CVA I know which one id prefer.

Obviously we'd rather him out the picture though.

Whatever share he has, as long as TBK have more than 50% were sorted.

We can dilute his share holding even further in the share issue following a TBK takeover.

Whyte could be taken to court at a later date after the deal goes through. He obtained the shares by lies, deceit, fraud and should not profit by one cent from this deal.

Blue Knights and Brian Kennedy submit conditional bid for crisis-hit Rangers

The offer is subject to a company voluntary agreement being agreed and Craig Whyte selling the group his shares.

By Mike Farrell

27 April 2012 15:52 GMT

Comment

Rangers: The conditional bid for the club was submitted on Friday afternoon.

The Blue Knights consortium and Scots rugby club owner Brian Kennedy have submitted a conditional takeover bid for Rangers.

According to a statement released by the pair on Friday afternoon, the offer is subject to a company voluntary agreement (CVA) being agreed among the Ibrox club’s many creditors.

The new bid is also conditional on Craig Whyte’s shares being acquired, the group confirmed in a statement.

Earlier in the day London agency Ticketus confirmed it had withdrawn its financial backing of the Blue Knights consortium, citing the increasing complexity of the financial mess at Rangers being a barrier to it.

In a joint statement, the frontman of the Blue Knights group, former Rangers director Paul Murray, and Mr Kennedy, who owns Sale Sharks Rugby Union Club, said: "We are pleased to announce that the Blue Knights, led by Paul Murray and Brian Kennedy have joined forces and at 3pm today have submitted a written offer to the lawyers of the administrators to purchase Rangers Football Club.

"This offer we consider to be substantial and is conditional on a CVA being approved by the creditors, and Mr Whyte’s shares being acquired.

"We hope this is accepted so that we may proceed with due diligence forthwith and make a start to the task of re-building Rangers Football Club of 1872."

Mr Kennedy has previously had two bids rejected while the finance behind the Blue Knights, aside from Ticketus when it was involved, has never been clarified.

The other bidder still in the running is American tow-truck business owner Bill Miller who has offered £11.2m for the club’s assets to be sold to a new company, which would most likely result in the old one being liquidated.

Ticketus, which struck a £25.3m deal with Mr Whyte for 100,000 Ibrox season tickets, will most likely now become a creditor of the company to the tune of £27m if that agreement is now torn up should it not be part of any takeover bid. The London agency has so far been paid £8m by Rangers for the deal, while it also struck a similar one with Sir David Murray for Ibrox season tickets in 2009.

Whyte could be taken to court at a later date after the deal goes through. He obtained the shares by lies, deceit, fraud and should not profit by one cent from this deal.

As long as we get ahold of 51% of the shares from him we can go after the rest another time.