Is God helping?

MisterC

You have no proof do you, only faith.

Ok - let's be serious for a moment. I can no more prove God than you can disprove him. I don't need to prove and you don't need to disprove.

That much is screamingly obvious. Hence my comment regarding you being serious - or not.

Ok - let's be serious for a moment. I can no more prove God than you can disprove him. I don't need to prove and you don't need to disprove.

That much is screamingly obvious. Hence my comment regarding you being serious - or not.

Ok we are in agreement. I cannot prove that god does not exist but I see no proof that he does. You believe something for which you have no proof, is that not just a wee bit silly ?

Ok we are in agreement. I cannot prove that god does not exist but I see no proof that he does. You believe something for which you have no proof, is that not just a wee bit silly ?

If you take my joke comment from above as a statement of my beliefs (or otherwise) then feel free.

That's much more than a wee bit silly.

Actually, the onus is on the believers to prove the existance of God. After all, its them who keep rabbiting on about him...

In the meantime, as Atheists, all we can do is apply logic and point 'n' laugh...

Thats the way to be.

To completely deny the existance 100% would be unscientific.

Its the old flying spaguetti monster analogy...

On CBC radio over here (The beeb equivalent), there was a Professor on from Edinburgh who rubbished religion (a la Hitchens/Dawkins etc). But.. he said something that has stuck with me.. Basically..

"The fact that we are here...."

Hence my .1%

00000042.gif

On CBC radio over here (The beeb equivalent), there was a Professor on from Edinburgh who rubbished religion (a la Hitchens/Dawkins etc). But.. he said something that has stuck with me.. Basically..

Hence my .1%

00000042.gif

Cant beat a bit of Hitchens and Dawkins. The catalysts of "New Atheism"???

Probably.

I was already a member but they've done wonders for rational thought, especially in the God fearing USA.

That took guts. (although as we've seen with Whyte, people will risk the wrath of the public if their bank balance increases by a few zero's lol)

Hat off to them, though. Hitchens and Dawkins, that is.

So you don't understand something therefore an invisible man in the sky did it? Very scientific.

:lol: why does everything need to proved and scientific anyway? I feel so sorry for people with your attitude.

Actually, the onus is on the believers to prove the existance of God. After all, its them who keep rabbiting on about him...

In the meantime, as Atheists, all we can do is apply logic and point 'n' laugh...

Well, a proper atheist.

Laugh away if that's what you need. Failed (and failures of) logic often provides such comforts for those who claim to definitively know even that which is, as yet, unknown.

Well, a proper atheist.

Laugh away if that's what you need. Failed (and failures of) logic often provides such comforts for those who claim to definitively know even that which is, as yet, unknown.

Hmmm, you must have missed my post on page 10 where i said "To completely deny the existance 100% would be unscientific"...

C'mon now, us Atheists are an arrogant bunch but we aint that arrogant, lol.

Hmmm, you must have missed my post on page 10 where i said "To completely deny the existance 100% would be unscientific"...

C'mon now, us Atheists are an arrogant bunch but we aint that arrogant, lol.

I have to accept your guesswork is just as valid as the next man's.

99.9% someone mentioned above. Curious figure to arrive at - well, curious for guesswork.

I wonder why it's not, say, 87.32%. Or 44%

Ho hum...

99.9% someone mentioned above. Curious figure to arrive at - well, curious for guesswork.

Ho hum...

I disagree that guesswork is as valid as the next mans. After all, some have logic on their side. :P

The thing about Atheists being 99% sure is that if it was any lower would that person still be an Atheist?

If it was 87.32 i'd say they were Agnostic.

And if it was 44%, well, that would be them leaning more towards the existence of a God... which means they defo aint no Atheist, lol.

Think about it.

I disagree that guesswork is as valid as the next mans. After all, some have logic on their side. :P

Think about it.

I did think about it. For the moment it took to realise the notion that your guesswork benefits from 'having logic on your side' is contradictory. At best.

Anyway - let's not bore the tit's off everyone else a moment longer.

I did think about it. For the moment it took to realise the notion that your guesswork benefits from 'having logic on your side' is contradictory. At best.

Anyway - let's not bore the tit's off everyone else a moment longer.

I was expecting our convo to come to an abrupt end after my last post.

Bit of a haymaker, wasnt it?. :beer1:

Out of your depth, lol.

Ho hum...

Well, to be fair, I did round it a bit. It was in fact 99.8912% 00000042.gif