Is God helping?

MisterC

Just wondering as it seems I am the only christian on here but thought would ask how peoples religious faith is getting then through these tough and turbulent times. For me God is there as a guiding light and too many forget that and I would like to know how many of you like me pray every night to god and put their faith in him that he will help us through this. Anyone else prepared to state that in God they trust?

With you 100% my friend

Who are you to say Gods providence has not been responsible for curing disease?

Who am I? I'm a man with a rational mind who has the gumption to think for myself and give credit where it's due. To say god has cured diseases is doing a massive disservice to the scientist who have worked tirelessly to combat illness and the doctors and surgeons in hospitals who administer care. They do the work, god gets the credit? No chance. When people say stuff like " I prayed god would save me when I was ill" it makes my skin crawl. If they believe in god so much, stop using hospitals and just pray and leave the medics to care for people who will give them the credit they deserve.

Who am I? I'm a man with a rational mind who has the gumption to think for myself and give credit where it's due. To say god has cured diseases is doing a massive disservice to the scientist who have worked tirelessly to combat illness and the doctors and surgeons in hospitals who administer care. They do the work, god gets the credit? No chance. When people say stuff like " I prayed god would save me when I was ill" it makes my skin crawl. If they believe in god so much, stop using hospitals and just pray and leave the medics to care for people who will give them the credit they deserve.

You should get yourself one of those chill pills. If you take life that seriously you wont get out of it alive.

PS If god was going to cure illness why did he create them in the first place?

Of course he does work in mysterious ways. :praise::praise::praise:

I say my nightly prayer to God, Bigfoot, Unicorns, my wife and Happy Potter. To be honest, just about anything that doesn't exist i'll give it a prayer and sure enough, I don't recieve a fucking thing, everytime.

With respect to those who believe in a devine higher power, It mystifies me how many people actually do follow this nonsense.

To answer the question, IMHO, no god isn't helping because if it doesn't exsist it cant help.

Just wondering as it seems I am the only christian on here but thought would ask how peoples religious faith is getting then through these tough and turbulent times. For me God is there as a guiding light and too many forget that and I would like to know how many of you like me pray every night to god and put their faith in him that he will help us through this. Anyone else prepared to state that in God they trust?

(tu) im off to church in the morning for the 1st time in months and i will definitely be praying to the big man for a favor or 2! Hes been good to us over the years but we all need him now more then ever!

You should get yourself one of those chill pills. If you take life that seriously you wont get out of it alive.

PS If god was going to cure illness why did he create them in the first place?

Of course he does work in mysterious ways. :praise::praise::praise:

To be fair, I'd tend to agree with you, this subject does get me riled. It's something I'm passionate about though.

I say my nightly prayer to God, Bigfoot, Unicorns, my wife and Happy Potter. To be honest, just about anything that doesn't exist i'll give it a prayer and sure enough, I don't recieve a fucking thing, everytime.

With respect to those who believe in a devine higher power, It mystifies me how many people actually do follow this nonsense.

To answer the question, IMHO, no god isn't helping because if it doesn't exsist it cant help.

Its a bit like my imaginary friend is more real than your imaginary friend. I too cannot understand how people can put so much belief in something that cannot be proven and for which no proof exists.

God ( if he or she exists )doesn't make people lazy. What an absurd statement.

More importantly ,more than half of the planet lives on less than 2 dollars a day and 34 000 children die of starvation and preventable diseases each and every day in a world of plenty but you think telling children there is a God is " the sickest thing you can do to a child"?

Think before you post in future mate. (tu)

true, god himself doesnt make people lazy. people are free to choose to be lazy or not, i just meant that working hard will get you a better result than not working (which is what i equate praying to).

i'm not particularly comfortable with this topic, simply because neither side will argue based on fact. i do stand by my statement about it being a sick thing to do to a child though - i look at my kids and they hang on to every word i say. i could tell them the moon is made of cheese and they'd want it on their toast.

i'm trying to deal with the religion thing fairly in my family, i answer any and all questions my kids ask about it - and i do not tell them i dont believe. i leave that up to them to figure out.

I too cannot understand how people can put so much belief in something that cannot be proven.

God is waiting for the scientific community to catch up.

He might even permit himself a kindly smirk when science get's around to proving what others already accept.

God is waiting for the scientific community to catch up.

He might even permit himself a kindly smirk when science get's around to proving what others already accept.

And you know this how? Care to provide proof that your god (or anybody's god) is waiting?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not being serious.

I always find it astounding that these believers hold the belief that it is the job of the non believer to provide proof. The burden of proof lies with you, Moses. I can assure you, you won't find any. But still, it lies with you.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not being serious.

Don't you bother giving me the benefit of the doubt. I am serious, its not for me to prove a negative, it's for you the believer to provide the proof. Have you got any proof? If so let the rest of us know what it is.

I always find it astounding that these believers hold the belief that it is the job of the non believer to provide proof. The burden of proof lies with you, Moses. I can assure you, you won't find any. But still, it lies with you.

the proof is that u are able to type that guff or do you really believe this wonderful world and everything in it was just a fluke? God created the earth and Jesus is our Saviour...end of :)

The burden of proving God lies with me?

Dear God - help me!

:lol:

the proof is that u are able to type that guff or do you really believe this wonderful world and everything in it was just a fluke? God created the earth and Jesus is our Saviour...end of :)

So you don't understand something therefore an invisible man in the sky did it? Very scientific.

naw