Euro 2012 Predictor League

Official predictor

Official Fantasy Football

That's the official site one, if you wanted to us that could save you time and there is prizes up for grabs. (tu)

:redcard: Trying to steal my punters mate are ya??? :lol:

I didn't really know that there was one to be honest. Unless I'm wrong, that first one is for individuals only is it not? Second one you have to choose squads. I'm looking to just have one where we compete against each other and I keep a note of the scores mate, but it's up to everyone else!! :)

I'd never do that mate. ;)

You can create a league, for example Rangers Media, everyone joins it and it will produce a table of everyone's points throughout the tournament. So in essence it means you don't need to keep the scores and the league table will tally them up and save you doing all the work.

:lol:

I can see it mentioning creating a league on the Official predictor link now mate, but when I tried to create an account it said the page did not exist! I wonder if it's too early yet?? The Champions League one is obviously still running.

I dunno about everyone else. I think there's a bit more banter, and it makes it a bit more of an experience doing everything in this thread. Last one was excellent with so many games going on and folk slagging each other off. I think if everything was done on that site it would maybe take that element away. I certainly don't mind trawling through the thread for scores. Have plenty time on my hands!! :)

I'll add a poll to the OP and see what folk think! Cheers for the help mate! (tu)

Do it on here can never mind my password on they things, done a EPL one on sky and couldnt mind my password so didnt bother about it again, the last time i looked at it was the last week in August <cr>

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys. Just over 1 week to go. :) I've got everything setup and ready to go.

Now might be a good time to confirm the scoring, and just a couple of rules.

3 for a win and correct score; OR Correctly predicted score/no score draw.

1 point for a draw, but not correct prediction.

1 point for a win but not correct prediction.

1 bonus point for correct first score

Examples: Predicting Poland to beat Greece 2-1 with Smartyarse scoring first (you can tell I'm a comedian :pipe: ) Gets you 4 points. Correctly guessing Poland 2-2 Greece Smartyarse scoring first (could never happen 2 games in a row, don't worry) also gets you 4 points. Guessing 2-1 Poland and it ends 1-0 = 1 point (possibly 2 if you get first scorer). Capiche? Good!

Rules:-

A bit obvious really. Only scores entered up to kick off in each relevant game count. Any posts edited after kick off will not be accepted. Also, you MUST enter a score/scorer for each game. I won't accept someone simply putting "Pit me doon fur 0-0 every game" like last time ;) . Some of you shy/retiring guys (I call it sneaky) might prefer to PM me your scores. That's fine. Just remember though, I'm taking part too...so if it looks plausible, I may well use your score!! :pipe: Therefore you may be better (and it helps the banter) by posting in this thread. Your choice! (tu) One last thing, I'll try & put up a leader board each night, if I remember!! :sherlock:

That's about it. Any probs just ask!

I'm in.

Noted!! (tu)

Just to clarify....names added so far are:

Legend of Coop

OneDavidCooper

MikeRFCMike

Jelavic191

SC1312

ClintonGrey

Gazzasontherazza

RFC Ryan

wully

Jie RFC

stuartm

derek1872

DamienM855

Naisy

Goianegra

Amac9

IbroxBear54

BillyBoy11

gazza27

skinnymate1690

blueboy94

topgoalie

DocRFC

marc

NathanRfc

Mansion

blueballss

hugh dallas

ElHadjiDiouf

Cleriblue

croatianbicycles

Rangers_no1

Thommo

Grindhouse

Redwhiteandblue

Bluemc

Broxi

Duncan

GrangemouthRFC

Ok, so have decided to start up a predictor league for the EURO's! Last one for the 2010 world cup was a bit of a laugh!

Have thought of a few scoring structures, but think this one is quite good, and won't frazzle my brain too much! (I have 38 scores to try & work out for two games a day remember!! :D ).

Not too late to join yet. Just post a reply if you still want to join!! (tu)

3 for a win and correct score; OR Correctly predicted score/no score draw.

2 points for a draw, but not correct prediction.

1 point for a win but not correct prediction.

1 bonus point for correct first scorer.

I think correctly predicting a score draw/no score draw is as good, if not better than predicting a correct win. Therefore it's top points if you correctly guess a game will end in a score draw/no score draw, same as you would with say predicting a 3-0 win. I was toying with the idea of also giving a bonus point for saying there would be no first scorer in a 0-0 draw, but that's a bit like stating the obvious.

Examples: Predicting Poland to beat Greece 2-1 with Smartyarse scoring first (you can tell I'm a comedian :pipe: ) Gets you 4 points. Correctly guessing Poland 2-2 Greece Smartyarse scoring first (could never happen 2 games in a row, don't worry) also gets you 4 points. Guessing 2-1 Poland and it ends 1-0 = 1 point (possibly 2 if you get first scorer). Capiche? Good!

Rules:-

A bit obvious really. Only scores entered up to kick off in each relevant game count. Any posts edited after kick off will not be accepted. Also, you MUST enter a score/scorer for each game. I won't accept someone simply putting "Pit me doon fur 0-0 every game" like last time ;) . Some of you shy/retiring guys (I call it sneaky) might prefer to PM me your scores. That's fine. Just remember though, I'm taking part too...so if it looks plausible, I may well use your score!! :pipe: Therefore you may be better (and it helps the banter) by posting in this thread. Your choice! (tu)

Prize:-

Fuck all!! :lol: Well, maybe a days worth of rep or so!

One last thing, I'll try & put up a leader board each night, if I remember!! :sherlock:

That's about it. Any probs just ask!

EDIT: Poll has been closed. Fuck going to all this trouble for folk to decide they want to use the UEFA one instead!! :pipe:

I'm defo up for this euro predictor pal:)