Transfers

Taken from Marca

FLORENTINO WANTS "TO WIN THE TENTH BECAUSE WE DESERVE IT" "I wouldnt sell Ronaldo, not for €1,000 million" 05/30/2013

Florentino Pérez continues to promote his candidacy for re-election to the Presidency of Real Madrid and today appeared on a Spanish radio sports show called 'The 12 0'clock match', to review the current situation at the club.

"Cristiano Ronaldo has a 2 year contract and is the best player in the world. I wouldn’t sell him not even for €1,000 million." he said. "I'll do everything in my power to renew Cristiano Ronaldo's contract. He has two more years left, he's the best in the world and we would like to boost the team with him as the leader. I would like him to stay here until the end of his sporting career. He’s a born winner and he wants to win titles and lots of Ballon d'Ors and Real Madrid is the place to do it." Florentino Perez said about the prolific player.

"We don't want to win the tenth by obsessing, but because we deserve it," he said. As for Mourinho, Pérez commented: "I give him top marks. Further down the line we will realise just what a good job he did. The criticism of Mourinho got out of hand, where the professional side of things got confused with the personal side." "Ancelotti can't claim to have an offer from Real Madrid because he hasn't. I wanted to bring him to the club in 2005 and then again in 2009. Now, someone told us his contract ended this year, but it wasn't true.

MARCA already reported a few days ago that there had been contact between Luis Suárez and Real Madrid. MARCA can now confirm that a deal to sign the Uruguayan has been struck between both parties. The deal is nothing new. It was reached some weeks ago. On one hand, there were the player's agents led by Pere Guardiola, Pep's brother and on the other, Florentino Pérez's envoys in these matters, the Money men.

It's a done deal. As far as MARCA knows, the deal - which we must clarify, has not been finalised - would be for four years and would include a significant pay-rise for the player, as per the position he would play in, that of a Real Madrid centre-forward. Luis Suárez's contract contains a £40m - just under €47m - buy-out clause. A price that the Reds are not prepared to lower. In other words, that is what it is going to cost Real Madrid if it wants to sign 'Lucho' Suárez.

Nobody expects Liverpool to lower its asking price by even one euro, because the English side does not want to part with its player. Obviously, Suárez wants to play in the Spanish league. Aside from his footballing reasons, he is not having an easy time in the Premier League. He is currently serving a six-match ban following his latest controversy with Ivanovic.

Stoke City owner Peter Coates does not want to sell Asmir Begovic but would not stand in the goalkeeper's way if a 'top club' offers the right amount of money.

The £15million-rated Bosnia and Herzegovina international has been linked with Liverpool and Chelsea over recent months after a fantastic season.

But while Coates admits he would not deny Begovic a dream move, Stoke, who appointed Mark Hughes as their new manager on Thursday, would not be prepared to sell on the cheap if at all.

"Asmir is a super professional player," Coates told Sky Sports. "We like him very much. He is a top, top goalkeeper. I think he is as good as anybody in the Premier League.

"But he is also ambitious. If top clubs come for your players, I do not think you can deny them the opportunity. That is my view.

"But it would depend very much on the money being right. We are not looking to sell him. We are not expecting to sell him. We expect him to be our goalkeeper next season."

Stoke City owner Peter Coates does not want to sell Asmir Begovic but would not stand in the goalkeeper's way if a 'top club' offers the right amount of money.

The £15million-rated Bosnia and Herzegovina international has been linked with Liverpool and Chelsea over recent months after a fantastic season.

But while Coates admits he would not deny Begovic a dream move, Stoke, who appointed Mark Hughes as their new manager on Thursday, would not be prepared to sell on the cheap if at all.

"Asmir is a super professional player," Coates told Sky Sports. "We like him very much. He is a top, top goalkeeper. I think he is as good as anybody in the Premier League.

"But he is also ambitious. If top clubs come for your players, I do not think you can deny them the opportunity. That is my view.

"But it would depend very much on the money being right. We are not looking to sell him. We are not expecting to sell him. We expect him to be our goalkeeper next season."

Jack Butland is a ready made replacement.

"It's a good moment for a change of environment because of all I've been through."

He added: "I do not know when I'm going and I do not know if I'm staying."

"I have only words of thanks to the club, the fans of Liverpool.

"But the treatment I received from the rest of England in recent weeks has been tough.

"It [Liverpool] is a spectacular club, but they are aware of the way that the press treats me."

"It is normal that it is impossible to say no to big teams for which one always dreams. Yet I have nothing, I have not spoken with Real Madrid nor with Liverpool.

"My agent has not told me anything either and that leaves me alone, but they [the media] are speculating.

"Every time you do something it becomes big. I just said I'm very happy at Liverpool and I'll be forever grateful to this great city and this club made me grow so much, where I still have a contract."

Suarez.