Transfers

He's had several very good seasons now.

Like I said he's had one great season, the rest he hasn't really stood out, in the 5 seasons prior to last he scored 21 goals the same total as last season. Not denying he's talented but I feel personally he has a lot left to prove before he can be regarded anywhere in the current opinion people have of him today, as one of the best in the world

Like I said he's had one great season, the rest he hasn't really stood out, in the 5 seasons prior to last he scored 21 goals the same total as last season. Not denying he's talented but I feel personally he has a lot left to prove before he can be regarded anywhere in the current opinion people have of him today, as one of the best in the world

Goals is far from the only thing to Bale's game.

If he moves to Madrid he has much to prove but in today's market and Spurs having him on a long contract he's certainly going to be worth a lot.

Goals is far from the only thing to Bale's game.

If he moves to Madrid he has much to prove but in today's market and Spurs having him on a long contract he's certainly going to be worth a lot.

Fair comment (tu)

Guess he's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for him, most expensive player of all time however is a title that doesn't suit his ability

Cisse, Bent, Gomis & Remy would be a pretty impressive strikeforce.

Newcastle badly need another creative midfielder though. Cabaye is superb but he's injured too much and they are a fraction of the team when he's not in it.

He will be gone back to France, hes unhappy, and they dont need 4 strikers when Pardew plays 1

Several for someone his age anyway, at 24 he hasn't even peaked.

Still a lot of shite though.

He had an excellent season last season, from a goal-scoring perspective, but a lot of those goals covered a lot of shite performances as well. Any other season he's mostly been pish, apart from a few outstanding performances against Inter.

If he was to go there as the world's most expensive player it'd be the biggest joke ever.

Still a lot of shite though.

He had an excellent season last season, from a goal-scoring perspective, but a lot of those goals covered a lot of shite performances as well. Any other season he's mostly been pish, apart from a few outstanding performances against Inter.

If he was to go there as the world's most expensive player it'd be the biggest joke ever.

I can't say that's how I saw him, previous couple of seasons only Modric was ahead of him as Spurs' best player.

World's most expensive player thing is an unexpected tag but clearly Real are determined and Spurs don't feel pressurised to sell on the cheap.

Does Schurrle fit in?

Possibly, but interesting what this new role for Mata means, probably Essien and Ramires as holding mids most weeks. Unless Ba leaves and Rooney plays as lone striker with Torres as a ''super sub'' which he isnt ... strange, why Mourinho targetted Rooney, instead of Falcao/Cavani

Possibly, but interesting what this new role for Mata means, probably Essien and Ramires as holding mids most weeks. Unless Ba leaves and Rooney plays as lone striker with Torres as a ''super sub'' which he isnt ... strange, why Mourinho targetted Rooney, instead of Falcao/Cavani

They did target Cavani didn't they, just weren't ready to go as high as PSG were?

I can't say that's how I saw him, previous couple of seasons only Modric was ahead of him as Spurs' player.

World's most expensive player thing is an unexpected tag but clearly Real are determined and Spurs don't feel pressurised to sell on the cheap.

I'm sure you were among many that we're baffled at the plaudits he was getting from the media a few seasons back.

Short memory. :)

I'm sure you were among many that we're baffled at the plaudits he was getting from the media a few seasons back.

Short memory. :)

Possibly, but I did always think there was a tendency to underrate him from some as well.

If he fails at Real Madrid then he'll certainly be remembered as the world's most expensive flop.

Wonder if Mourinho's ideal front 4 is

Mata Rooney Hazard

Torres

seems strange he has a ''new'' role for Mata.... wide right?

That won't happen.

Rooney is unhappy that RVP will be the main striker at United next season & doesn't want to play CAM thats why he wants to leave.

Never saw this posted...

Ljajic agrees terms with AC Milan

Fiorentina starlet Adem Ljajic has rejected Tottenham agreed to join AC Milan on a five-year contract. However, the Serie A sides are yet to agree upon a fee, with the Viola wanting more than the Rossoneri's offer of €8 million.

Source: Sky Sport 24

Friday, August 2, 2013 23:42