Decision on Transfer Embargo goes in Rangers Favour

scottyc06

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you are incorrect, the judge has already said if he rules in favour of Rangers it goes back to the SFA to give a punsihment they are legally allowed to give, he will not quash the ban. How the SFA will react to this is currently unknown.

If he rules in favour of Rangers then he is acknowledging that the 'ban' is not legal, and therefore the SFA will not be able to enforce it.

you are incorrect, the judge has already said if he rules in favour of Rangers it goes back to the SFA to give a punsihment they are legally allowed to give, he will not quash the ban. How the SFA will react to this is currently unknown.

Sorry mate I should have written it better. If you look above I actually agree with you. What I meant was that it WILL go back to an SFA tribunal but I think after taking a skelping in court, they will overturn their original ban through embarrassment. Just my opinion though. At least now they can say they tried to punish us to the Rangers haters but were overturned in court.

If he rules in favour of Rangers then he is acknowledging that the 'ban' is not legal, and therefore the SFA will not be able to enforce it.

Possibly so but it could land us in a heap of other shit..depends the way the SFA choose to play it. I would expect them to accept the ruling and punish us in a way explicitly stated in the rules but you never know

Correct they must accept this but can impose an alternative sanction whether greater or less we will see

Correct they must accept this but can impose an alternative sanction whether greater or less we will see

Think the greater punishment would be expulsion from the league and I really don't think they will do that, with the amount of money we bring them.

If we win they'll still punish us, but they will only be able to use punishments already in place not quickly made up ones with no precedent. But I have no idea how this will go, at least we'll know at 3:30.

If we win they'll still punish us, but they will only be able to use punishments already in place not quickly made up ones with no precedent. But I have no idea how this will go, at least we'll know at 3:30.

What's available as punishment? Expulsion (non starter) or a fine?