Decision on Transfer Embargo goes in Rangers Favour

scottyc06

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i wish at the very least they would make it only sign free agents, could pick up few bargins, Nacho, Guttuso, Ian Black, or even under 20, cos alot of our promising youngsters are over 18, Andy Little, Andy Mitchell, Hegarty, as is it is trying to make it impossible for us to continue. There was the Busby Babes, We can have the Ibrox Babes, maybe we have some unfound young stars.

I fear we may win this. We are not messing with the spl board or chairman who need us in the league, we are dealing with an independent panel .

while the original panel said they considered and dismissed expulsion the next punishment down from that is suspension an wouldn't be surprised is uefa/fifa Will be pushing for such a sanction due to our legal action.

What's available as punishment? Expulsion (non starter) or a fine?

Whatever the punishment it wouldn't be a player embargo for a season. A fine would be more likely I think. Expulsion would be suicide for the sfa/ spl. Let's see what happens in court first before trying to second guess possible punishments.

I fear we may win this. We are not messing with the spl board or chairman who need us in the league, we are dealing with an independent panel .

while the original panel said they considered and dismissed expulsion the next punishment down from that is suspension an wouldn't be surprised is uefa/fifa Will be pushing for such a sanction due to our legal action.

Really...where does it say that ?

i wish at the very least they would make it only sign free agents, could pick up few bargins, Nacho, Guttuso, Ian Black, or even under 20, cos alot of our promising youngsters are over 18, Andy Little, Andy Mitchell, Hegarty, as is it is trying to make it impossible for us to continue. There was the Busby Babes, We can have the Ibrox Babes, maybe we have some unfound young stars.

The ban doesn't cover exsisting players, the ban is only on registering new players! So our youngsters are all ok to be signed on to new deals! (tu)

Also the ruling would mean they couldn't impose any transfer bans!

2m Cara Sulieman Cara Sulieman ‏@carasulieman

Just going back into Court of Session for the 3.30pm decision. Not allowed to tweet from court room so will update when back out

Fingers Crossed chaps!

just saw this too

Guardian sport ‏@guardian_sport

AP: Italian PM Mario Monti suggests football in the country should be suspended 2-3 years over fixing scandal …

hahaha how long before he is outed as PM

For clarification if the court rules in Rangers favour it doesn't lift the ban it means the SFa have to review there punishment again.

We are also still banned from signing players while in administration so everyone should calm down... :sherlock:

Well every one is aware that we cannot, and IMO no Team should be Allowed to sign Players whilst in Admin.That would be silly if the Club did whilst going through the Administration process. .

Once the Club come out of Admin then, that Club should be allowed to sign as normal ,however the Club will have to down Grade Players ,so how the Hell is any Club supposed to Replace the Players they let go.

Please don't say Dundee Got an Embargo ,they got round it by Signing Trialist's, we cant even do that because the Fly Bastard's at the SFA stuck in the Age Restriction. If they dropped the Age restriction then that would be more suitable the way they done it with Dundee ,but because its Rangers they stuck the age Limit on it so we couldn't even bring in Trialist's over the Age of 18.

This Punishment is just made up for us and us only.It is victimisation in itself, and if it was that other lot across the City they would be involving the European Court of Human rights /High Court Edinburgh /FARE /Scottish Parliament/ the R C Church, and the Irish Embassy.

just saw this too

Guardian sport ‏@guardian_sport

AP: Italian PM Mario Monti suggests football in the country should be suspended 2-3 years over fixing scandal …

hahaha how long before he is outed as PM

Match fixing!! Could be worse, they could be under investigation for using LEGAL tax avoidance schemes and then vilified by their national press and supporters of diddy-teams :P

Let thm expel us then.

See where that leaves Scottish football.

I kinda agree but my worry is where would it leave us? Ideally we would join the English leagues but would they have us? Dyin to hear the court decision, not long to go now.

I wouldnt really mind after (everything the spl has done to us) lets just go 3rd Division, get to see some new match ups and hopefully win some good games, without the gate money rangers fans bring to some clubs, they will fall away, and will THEY get the kind of treatment Rangers has endured, the abuse, the constant negative reporting, the fines the bans. It wouldnt suprise me give us everything fine,ban, etc, but say it was then someone like Motherwell, Calley T, lets change the rules again, they are too harsh.... God FIFA after all these years a week AFTER an ENGLISH team FINALLY beats a German one on penalities Blatter says Penalities are a terrible idea, lets change it.....

The sfa want us to bring in Scottish talented trialists, bleed them in the team and then have the ones cutting it to be promoted to the Scotland b squad, it's been the sfas plan all along

If this sticks ,I say we go for young African Trailists from Drogba Village. Some good ones in there .

Score for fun up here.

The bbc stated the sanctions available to the independent panel were a fine, suspension, expulsion and termination .

expulsion would only be from the sfa, im sure the spl would find a way for us to still be in it.

imo we should have been fined and if they wanted a more severe punishment banned from the scottish cup for say 3 yrs, however the sfa want us in there flagship competition as were a cashcow.

if we win in court i think they will just have to bite the bullet and only fine us