West Ham want Naismith

tango

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if Green takes over he'll be happy to sell any of our players being honest.

Why would he do this and scupper his investment ?

We can expect loads of these stories. The press need a "Rangers In Crisis" story every day, so if there'snot much else happening just print a story about a club after one of the players or a player wanting away.

Rest assured, we wouldn't be seeing "Club After Naisy" headlines if it was a good thing.

I think a lot may depend on this transfer embargo. If we can't sign players, then I doubt the club will accept bids of £2m for the likes of Naismith. As others have mentioned, these clauses require the player to activate them. Naisy has already stated that he doesn't have to leave just because a bid has been made. I'm hopeful that Naismith will stay so long as there's no sign of further pay cuts being mooted.

as people have said, naismith and mcgregor will be very interesting this summer. as 2 big rangers fans, they naturally would not want to leave. but would they sacrifice their own happiness to raise funds for the club (even if they are sold for a knock-down price)

Ironically, Naismith could team up with Norwich striker Grant Holt after the Hammers were linked with a £4m move at the weekend.

What in the world is ironic about Naismith playing in the same team as Grant Holt? Terribly written news article.

Playing for WBA or the Hammers is a step down from Rangers, Naismith is better than that, Everton is an interesting move they are at his level.

I think he might stay, just can't see him leaving to be honest.

Rangers were strongly linked with Holt in the January transfer window. I think they are getting at the fact they could have been playing together at Rangers.

without a doubt easily the best talent in scotland at the moment.

his injury, without doubt cost us the title, and also cost him a player of the year award.

sad day if he is for the off, but if he is offered the 30+ grand a week he is worth, can we blame him

From what I've gathered it was in case Whyte somehow managed to get back involved, I could be wrong though. I'm confident he'll stay though.

Think you are correct mate. It was in case Whyte got back in charge.

Naismith was in the form of his Ibrox career just before his injury. Great combative midfielder with an eye for goal. What surprises me is that no one, including prospective buyers, have considered the effect this injury will have on him when he returns to action. Will he be forced to be a bit more careful in the tackles, will it take him a good few months to find his match fitness and touch. Will he hit the heights of the first half of last season. It took him wmquite a while to settle at Ibrox when he signed. Even look at Kevin Thomson's battle ringing previous form after an injury.

Playing for WBA or the Hammers is a step down from Rangers, Naismith is better than that, Everton is an interesting move they are at his level.

I think he might stay, just can't see him leaving to be honest.

Like it or not, playing in the EPL is a massive step up from playing in the SPL.

Think you are correct mate. It was in case Whyte got back in charge.

Weren't there separate "Whyte clauses" inserted that mandated free transfers if Whyte was still in charge? It is more likely that the agents insisted on the release clauses and those agents will be smelling lucrative deals for players that leave Rangers on bargain "release clause" fees.

Weren't there separate "Whyte clauses" inserted that mandated free transfers if Whyte was still in charge? It is more likely that the agents insisted on the release clauses and those agents will be smelling lucrative deals for players that leave Rangers on bargain "release clause" fees.

Wouldn't surprise me if agents saw this as a huge opp for them (which it is of course). That said though, there had to be a 'carrot' somewhere for the players to give up what they did. One of these days, I hope the truth comes out about all of this. Murray, Whyte, Ticketus, contracts, deals here and there, HMRC. Would make a helluva movie. 00000042.gif

Naismith was in the form of his Ibrox career just before his injury. Great combative midfielder with an eye for goal. What surprises me is that no one, including prospective buyers, have considered the effect this injury will have on him when he returns to action. Will he be forced to be a bit more careful in the tackles, will it take him a good few months to find his match fitness and touch. Will he hit the heights of the first half of last season. It took him wmquite a while to settle at Ibrox when he signed. Even look at Kevin Thomson's battle ringing previous form after an injury.

At only £2m it is hardly a gamble for a team down in the EPL.

Hope to fuck he doesn't leave though because Naisy along with a few others are vital in keeping us going on the pitch.

Why would he do this and scupper his investment ?

We can expect loads of these stories. The press need a "Rangers In Crisis" story every day, so if there'snot much else happening just print a story about a club after one of the players or a player wanting away.

Rest assured, we wouldn't be seeing "Club After Naisy" headlines if it was a good thing.

I nearly bit and replied to RM's" big chief black cloud",but fought the urge.

Unless Green(and Naisy) are lying through their teeth what BCBC is predicting wont happen.

As you suggest,Green would be doing himself and his investors a huge financial disservice as renegotiating these players contracts is the only way to go as they're value will automatically increase.

I have no idea why people still relate to newspaper bollocks as if it's gospel.What percentage of their suggestions actually become fact?

I nearly bit and replied to RM's" big chief black cloud",but fought the urge.

Unless Green(and Naisy) are lying through their teeth what BCBC is predicting wont happen.

As you suggest,Green would be doing himself and his investors a huge financial disservice as renegotiating these players contracts is the only way to go as they're value will automatically increase.

I have no idea why people still relate to newspaper bollocks as if it's gospel.What percentage of their suggestions actually become fact?

The last set of media survey stats showed the Gherald newspaper had the best percentage of "suggestions/truth" conversion with 7%. 2nd was Daily Rhebel with an embarrassing 4%, 3rd The Sun with 3.5% and the rest even lower. (tu)

Like it or not, playing for Rangers is a massive step up from playing for West Ham/Everton.

Like it or not, both of you, the lad has already expressed a desire to stay.

We wont be selling anyone it'd be tough or expensive to replace.

You can count on that.