Celtic First to Vote Against

North Rd

Bitterness and hatred winning over sense I see. Fuck them. Lets just apply to SFL for membership now and pre-empt these irrelevant bastards kangaroo court.

Peterhead chairman on local radio saying if spl don't want us sfl should also say no

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Graham ‏@ChrisGraham76

Interesting that Lawwell mouthpiece Paul Brennan has confirmed Celtic will vote against SPL re-entry for Rangers. Good as from club itself.

That means that the 11 diddy teams in the league would be able to outvote Celtic and get a bigger share of whatever small amount of TV revenue the league might get. Seems they have shot themselves in the foot.

The problem is that there are two big pictures, thanks to the machinations of various individuals and clubs.

On the one hand you have the "bigger picture" that the SPL needs Rangers to function successfully, especially with Celtic still firmly in there. There is an argument that Scottish football might be better off without the "Old Firm". It would be at a lower level, to be sure, but there would be increased competitiveness. And the costs for the smaller clubs would probably be lower, as they'd not have to try and live with the "Old Firm" clubs. But with nowhere for the "Old Firm" to go, the SPL needs both "Old Firm" clubs to attract a television deal, sponsorships and to actually have a genuine competition ... one "Old Firm" club winning year after year after year would be disastrous.

The other "bigger picture" is, of course, about the nebulous concept of "sporting integrity" ... immediately voting Rangers back in to the SPL would essentially mean that you're saying that Rangers (and by association Celtic) are necessary to the SPL. Unlikely to happen, of course, but what would happen if one of the "Old Firm" clubs suffered genuine relegation on the field of play? Would that be reversed for the same commercial reasons that saw Rangers re-admitted to the SPL now?

They did it for the sheep-shaggers :sherlock:

I reckon we should vote against ourselves re-joining the SPL, just to show we're prepared to go down to the 3rd & if enough clubs vote to keep us up then we can still claim the moral high-ground on "sporting integrity"...

Then, we wait & see what actual sanctions materialize, then instruct them to take a short course in advanced yoga & go fuck thier own arseholes. Sideways.

No surrender

:crabflute:

It needs eight votes in favour. So if the tims, midden and the dundee lot are all against we need the other 8 to say yes and I think that will happen, it's probably already been sorted out then Lieswell can say he voted to keep Rangers out and blame the other clubs.

Hearts won't vote for us

They wanna run up 3 more tainted titles and monopolise the champ-league spot while crying to anyone down south that will listen, that they have no challenge and should therefore be allowed to enter the the English set-up..

your probably right with this but it should be noted that without a competitive league, Uefa will look at the SPL as a declining league and will either remove their place or make the champions of the league go through far more qualifiers.

As Rangers fans we are now the single most hated group of people in this country. Most cannot see next week if there is an opportunity to land a blow today.

I expect no mercy and I certainly wouldn't ask or plead for it. Let us die? Let them die!

your probably right with this but it should be noted that without a competitive league, Uefa will look at the SPL as a declining league and will either remove their place or make the champions of the league go through far more qualifiers.

Results will see to that ... it's all down to Uefa's coefficients.

I have said it before the mankey mobs plan is-get us out of the way and then f++k off down to england.Then all the stupid arseholes from aberdeen, dundee, perth and whoever else votes against us will be left saying-what the f++k happened, it wisnae supposed tae go like this, liewell must have told us lies.Murray and White have blackened our club not us -the fans are being punished and they walk away even richer.

But PLEASE remember ALL the bastards who have kicked us while we are down.

I suspect the bank managers of the SPL clubs will have a say in this. I read recently how Dundee Utds credit facilities were being reduced and it was going to cause some problems. What will their (and other clubs) bank managers say to these clubs if sponsorship and TV money is vastly reduced? Cant see them being too happy about it and I suspect they will make their views known to these clubs.

Do these chairman realise the consequence of biting the hand that feeds them and do the fans writing to these owners to say hammer Rangers, would they think it was worth it if in 3 or 4 years they have no club left? They should be very careful what they wish for and what they vote for.

the very fact that this is being leaked through an unofficial source tells me its a lot of bullshit designed to appease the bheast fans and

keep them buying the season tickets.

the peadophile harbourers will vote to keep us in, in order to preserve the 10-2 voting requirement of this i have no doubt.

This.

They should be very careful what they wish for and what they vote for.

You have to wonder at the mindset of these diddy club suporters.

The prick in charge of Dundee Hibs was gum-bumping about recieving email 'you could count in the hundreds' from supporters pointing out that if he does not vote to eject The Rangers, they will boycott their own club.

That is - getting at us means more to them than supporting their own. I'd be embarrassed for them if my disdain for the diddy clubs would allow me.

I think other posters are spot on with the thought that the Celtc are looking to get into England through the back door with cries of 'it's pyoor no competutive n rat'. That's not going to happen. The English have stated so many times it won't happen and they'll state it again.

If we do go to the 3rd division I (personally) don't think it'll be the end of the SPL. The league will even up quite quickly though and Celtc will be just another diddy club within a few years. Think about it. No joint sponsorship, reduced or no TV money, reduced gate money from the green seat brigade and probably a few other things I've not even thought about.

By the time a rejuvenated Rangers return we could see the cunts fighting for 2nd spot with the likes of Hearts.

:uk: :uk: :uk:

I would take div3 fairly happily.

1. We deserve to be punished severely.

2. We're banned from Europe for 3 years anyway

3. Celtic wouldn't get the satisfaction of easily beating our shell of a squad in the SPL to the title.

4. Like I say we're going to be no threat for the the next 4-5 seasons so why not go down, rebuild at our own pace and stuff, while hopefully restricting Celtic and the rest of the SPL financially (by the fact we're not there) as much as possible?

I have said it before the mankey mobs plan is-get us out of the way and then f++k off down to england.

Celtic will still be part of the SFA and as such the FA would not allow them in. Moreover, they are sadly mistaken if they think they would be welcome down south. Yes, the "Old Firm" clubs are in demand when it comes to testimonials and pre-season kickabouts, but that's as far as it goes.

I would take div3 fairly happily.

1. We deserve to be punished severely.

2. We're banned from Europe for 3 years anyway

3. Celtic wouldn't get the satisfaction of easily beating our shell of a squad in the SPL to the title.

4. Like I say we're going to be no threat for the the next 4-5 seasons so why not go down, rebuild at our own pace and stuff, while hopefully restricting Celtic and the rest of the SPL financially (by the fact we're not there) as much as possible?

Beats me how your still here with some of the sickening pish you post.

celtic will not be challenged by any other SPL clubs without us, remember any reduction they see to money from sponsorship, tv rights etc without Rangers being in there, the same happens to the others, so the whole SPL will decline but Celtic will always remain better off than the others.

The thing that will batter them the most is the reduction in gate money and loss of interest in the games, it's happened already, last season saw their gates way down.

anyways its pretty much a given that 3/4 of the teams will vote against us which will suit us fine, we go to the 3rd div and work our way up but what happens if the sfl teams vote against, we're stuck with no place to play

in the next few weeks we're going to see the vindictive side of things in scottish football and we're going to see just how hated our club really is.

If that happens we become a "pirate" club and could then finally go to England but that would be the only way we possibly could though.

Peterhead chairman on local radio saying if spl don't want us sfl should also say no

I Googled to see if I could find a clip of that and came across this:

DEC 23 2011

PETERHEAD have banned all pictures and memorabilia of Rangers from their social club – to avoid upsetting Celtic before next month’s Scottish Cup tie.

The Blue Toon’s pub is home to the Peterhead True Blues Rangers Supporters Club and has photos of Ibrox heroes plastered all over the walls.

But the Second Division side admitted all items referring to the Light Blues will be banned to avoid offending Celtic when they travel north on January 8.

Hoops fans won’t be allowed into the bar where a picture of ex-Ibrox boss Walter Smith and signed strips cover the walls.

But the pub will still be open to Gers fans who want to watch their match, a Scottish Cup tie at Arbroath, just two hours before the Balmoor kick-off.

Peterhead chairman Rodger Morrison said: “There are a lot of Rangers supporters in the area and many come to watch their games in the social club.

“But all memorabilia will be taken down when Celtic come as players, managers and board members will be walking through the building.”

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/cups/scottish-cup/2011/12/23/peterhead-to-remove-all-rangers-memorabilia-from-social-club-ahead-of-celtic-cup-clash-86908-23655755/

The shamelessness of Motherwell voting against this astounds. They entered admin, ditched players, agreed a CVA and came out with THE SAME owners. Sorry but is that not actually worse in many respects? Rangers have been abused. Motherwell's owners cynically went through this process with the club ultimately benefiting. Minimal punishment. Now they would vote against us?