John Brown Hits Out At Murray And Whyte

trueblue68

From The Sun But it has quotes.

SICKENED Ibrox legend John Brown last night told Sir David Murray and Craig Whyte: You’re to blame for the death of Rangers.

Nine-in-a-Row hero Brown pointed the finger at the men who once ruled the roost in Govan in a blistering attack.

He rapped: “This whole thing is a shambles and it has been brought upon Rangers by Craig Whyte and Sir David Murray. They have to hold their hands up. End of story.

“Those are the men I blame and hell mend them for that.

“They should be hanging their heads in shame for allowing this to happen.

“For 140 years history of this great club to be trashed is nothing short of DISGUSTING.

“Craig Whyte should be hammered for what he has done to Rangers.

“The football club has been under the stewardship of people who should be held accountable now.”

Gers diehard Brown has been steeped in Rangers all his life and clinched the move of his dreams when he signed for Graeme Souness’ side in a £350,000 switch from Dundee in 1988.

He played 278 times for his boyhood heroes winning six titles, three Scottish Cups and three League Cups.

Now those medals have been tarnished and Brown sighed: “It was my proudest moment the day I played for the club I had always supported. Now it will ultimately rest at Craig Whyte’s door, what has been allowed to happen.

“It’s disgraceful that people who have milked the club have put it down.

“There should be no hiding place and if jail sentences come to pass then that’s the price for this. Whether it’s directors of the past, chairmen of the past or Whyte they need to pay.”

Like every Gers employee Brown — boss Ally McCoist’s transfer scout — faces an uncertain future as Charles Green battles to find a future for the club.

Bomber, sacked from Ibrox when French flop Paul Le Guen was boss six years ago, added: “As it stands I’m still a Rangers employee and the newco will have to take us on at first.

“Yet there are going to be job losses and I have to say that I hold Whyte and Sir David personally responsible for that.

“Sir David has seen the bank take control then allowed it to pass into the hands of someone like Whyte.

“I hope every Rangers fan remembers who put us down.”

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4371973/Hang-your-heads-in-shame.html#ixzz1xisYw2JX

I don't like the bit about his medals being tarnished, they can fuck off with that, but this is the sort of thing you want to see ex players and such saying. (tu)

That pissed me off as well, they always have to get that wee bit in for a dig.

Good to hear the big man is just as pissed off though.

BRIAN LAUDRUP is hurting.

And he feels like his heart has been ripped out.

The Dane has been watching the incredible events and demise of the Ibrox club, whose supporters treated him with such adulation between 1994 and 1998.

Laudrup can’t believe such a proud institution has been allowed to slip into the abyss.

And he has vowed to help in any way he can, even offering his coaching services for free.

Laudrup told SunSport: “Like every Rangers supporter, and I count myself as a supporter, it feels like my heart has been torn to pieces.

“It is devastating and it must be even more devastating for people who have been following this great club for so many years.

“I have been on the internet every day for the last six or seven months to follow what has been going on.

“I have hoped and prayed everything would be all right in the end, but it looks to be a very difficult time right now.

“I spent four fantastic years with Rangers and they will always be in my heart. I said to my wife I’d love to be able to help in any way I could. I’m just not sure how.

“Even if it was to be part of the management team or coaching youth players. If it is possible, I’d like to help out.

“I know that is not going to solve the crisis, but that is the feeling every player and every former player has right now.

“I spoke to Andy Goram who is as devastated as anyone. I can also imagine Richard Gough sitting in San Diego wondering what he can do.

“Maybe we can all lend a hand and provide a small contribution to get Rangers back.

“I don’t know whether that is going to happen, but that is my feeling right now.

“But I know Rangers will never die. There will always be a Rangers.

“Yes, these are difficult times and it is difficult to see what will happen, but you can’t just take 140 years away from any club.

“Rangers mean so much to so many people, not only in Scotland but throughout the world.”

It has yet to be determined where exactly a newly-formed Rangers will be playing next season.

Laudrup insists SPL clubs have to let the new club back into the top flight, otherwise Scottish football will become a laughing stock around the world.

He said: “I hope the other clubs vote for Rangers to stay in the SPL. I can understand fans throughout Scotland will be quite annoyed with that because of the moral issue.

“But if you were to ask anyone around the world what they know about Scottish football they would say the Old Firm. That would be it.

“That is what makes Scottish football these days. You have to be honest and say that.

“I can understand why clubs would feel they could move into a better position. But for Old Firm games not to be part of Scottish football, it would be terrible.

“We just have to wait and see if clubs can see the bigger picture or whether the moral issue is too much to handle and they are against Rangers.

“If Rangers are in the Third Division you are only going to have one team winning the league. Celtic will be guaranteed titles, but I am not sure that is a good thing for Scottish football.”

The future of the Gers players is uncertain and Laudrup admitted it would be hard to criticise any of them if they decided to leave.

He said: “You could maybe forgive a player who was at a late stage in their career and wanted to move on. It will be a difficult decision and it will be a terrible one to make.

“If Rangers started in the Third Division they would have to work through it and come back stronger.

“The problem right now is what will Ally McCoist have to work with? No one knows what will happen to the squad.”

One person Laudrup has the utmost respect for is Gers boss McCoist — and he believes the Ibrox legend can steer them back to glory again.

Laudrup said: “I played in the charity match against AC Milan and Coisty got an amazing reception. It told me he is more popular now than he ever was as a player.

“He was still the same old Coisty, having a laugh and he was very optimistic.

“He might not be now though, and I can almost sense the pain he and the supporters must have.

“Maybe we will look back and see it as a point where they came through it.

“The fans are incredible and I hope it all goes well. No matter what happens, Rangers will be back competing at the highest level within the next four or five years.”

The problem is so many of the ones who came after bomber were involved in the EBTs

Never known a bear to fuck you over for telling the truth.

It would make a change someone saying it how it is.

Its liquidation now so come out all the EBT boys and tell us your story.

The bears would respect you for it and it might help send the bastards down.

They fucked us over and its now time to do likewise.

Eye for an eye and all that stuff

I don't like the bit about his medals being tarnished, they can fuck off with that, but this is the sort of thing you want to see ex players and such saying. (tu)

Look carefully and you will see the 'tarnished' bit was not a quote but was added by the journalist to Shebeli his story.

Well done the Bomber for speaking up so candidly. Will other legends follow his example and let Murray and Shyte know what the fans and ex-players think of them.

I do wish our ex players would avoid talking about the death or Rangers and New Club stuff, its only the Limited Company that's gone, the club continues. We all need to be on message here, or the other side and there lies will be accepted.