McCoist's Future

ray

I dont even know if we have enough to judge his managerial abilities - at the start of the season IF he had been told of the financial constraints he may have gone after different players - started differently but he was promised a reasonable budget that failed to materialise. After a weak start he went from strength to strength and then had a poor midle period and then the shamles of administration - where he managed to steady the ship.

IMHO he deseves at least a season where he knows what budget he has - and then we judge him on that - but if he went now that would be a PR distster and a shameful way for our club to treat a man who was an absolute rock over the last 6 months!

Anyone who's heartless enough to negatively judge his managerial abilities after the season we've had is being extremely harsh. That's nothing othing to do with the fact McCoist is an undisputed Rangers legend either.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I could give you 100 neg reps, then I would.Well that's a lie, as I'm not a fan of clicking that button.

Mhank behavior mate.

Whatever happened to loyalty? I think Ally has been magnificent throughout this and getting a proven manager is no dead cert. PLG anyone?

Good for you.

As for loyalty? How about you show the prospective new owner some respect, rather than believing scare stories put about the very same mhanks you decry?

Or should we all just close our eyes, cross our fingers and hope the wretched Blue Knights can collectively raise more than £1.50 and a promise of Champions League 1/4 finals?

I am one of these peculiar people who believes in fighting our corner, must be old fashioned.

I love Ally and have nothing but respect for the man.

BUT............if we were to be honest, he never really set the heather in fire as a manager. The 1st thing any new owner at a football club wants us success. Could Ally deliver that success in a shoestring budget with a severely weakened team? I don't know.

As much as we all live the guy, getting the club back where it belongs is first and foremost.

Only being realistic so don't all start jumping soon ma throat!

Anyone who's heartless enough to negatively judge his managerial abilities after the season we've had is being extremely harsh. That's nothing othing to do with the fact McCoist is an undisputed Rangers legend either.

McCoist's record in the season's first three Cup competitions, long before the onset of the Whyte-led meltdown, would have seen any other manager fired on the spot. Why shouldn't he be judged on that?

At the new Rangers, hard-nosed business sentiment will outweigh any notion of "heart". And where we are right now, McCoist's legendary status means precisely f**k all.

BUT............if we were to be honest, he never really set the heather in fire as a manager. The 1st thing any new owner at a football club wants us success. Could Ally deliver that success in a shoestring budget with a severely weakened team? I don't know.

As much as we all live the guy, getting the club back where it belongs is first and foremost.

I'm usually in full agreement with you on things mate, but we must agree to disagree on this one.

It would leave a foul taste in my mouth to see Ally ousted in this fashion.

I wasn't one of the rabid hordes calling for John Greig's head in the 80's either and those were dire times too. To my mind that sort of disloyalty is not the Rangers way.

The thing about JT is, many don't like him but imo he is a fucking good journo! That will be shot down but not many have Walter, Ally etc so close and to be trusted by these guys says it all imo!

Traynor was lauded yesterday for his article, but he'll be back to being a fat prick today no doubt

I think you are correct mate. I have seen Jim Traynor in the company of ex Ranger players in a few pubs in the town, and while he can indeed be a prick, I am worried there is something in this.

I'm usually in full agreement with you on things mate, but we must agree to disagree on this one.

It would leave a foul taste in my mouth to see Ally ousted in this fashion.

I wasn't one of the rabid hordes calling for John Greig's head in the 80's either and those were dire times too. To my mind that sort of disloyalty is not the Rangers way.

Unfortunately, the Rangers Way is no longer mate. The club is fighting for its very survival. The guys leading that fight are not Rangers men. It'd all about the pennies from now on in, and the hope we can rise again and take our place among the worlds top clubs.

McCoist's record in the season's first three Cup competitions, long before the onset of the Whyte-led meltdown, would have seen any other manager fired on the spot. Why shouldn't he be judged on that?

At the new Rangers, hard-nosed business sentiment will outweigh any notion of "heart". And where we are right now, McCoist's legendary status means precisely f**k all.

You keep crediting me with opinions I haven't offered. Where have I suggested that any notion of ''heart'' has any bearing on McCoist's managerial abilities?

Judging any manager in his first few months is ridiculous. We were doing well in the League at the time which, frankly, is all anyone really cares about.

Can you name me one other Rangers manager who was 'sacked on the spot' in similiar circumstances? Or are you just pulling things out of thin air again?

Can't and don't disagree with any of that, what irks me is that Coisty should be making the statements about this fighting his corner and ours.

Jabba categorically stated on radio this morning that he had spoken to Coisty this morning and that Coisty was in no position to deny the veracity of jabba's story.

Coisty should start the fightback with the media source jabba.

100% agree

BREAKING NEWS

A source close to Rangers manager Ally McCoist has told BBC Scotland that speculation he's on the verge of leaving Ibrox is ''paper talk"

where did you see this mate?

After 13 pages im not sure I'm any clearer on the issue at all. People say he's going others say he's staying. Wish the man himself would come out and out an end to the rumour. Surely we deserve that much.

You keep crediting me with opinions I haven't offered. Where have I suggested that any notion of ''heart'' has any bearing on McCoist's managerial abilities?

Judging any manager in his first few months is ridiculous. We were doing well in the League at the time which, frankly, is all anyone really cares about.

Can you name me one other Rangers manager who was 'sacked on the spot' in similiar circumstances? Or are you just pulling things out of thin air again?

Err, Paul Le Guen? But of course, he wasn't a legend.

Stop being so touchy. If you don't like heated debate, don't come charging in accusing others of talking pish then back-track when challenged.

Cheers.

BREAKING NEWS

A source close to Rangers manager Ally McCoist has told BBC Scotland that speculation he's on the verge of leaving Ibrox is ''paper talk"

hearing it was as set up to discover the source of recent leaks out of Ibrox.

where did you see this mate?

After 13 pages im not sure I'm any clearer on the issue at all. People say he's going others say he's staying. Wish the man himself would come out and out an end to the rumour. Surely we deserve that much.

Its in an article on the bbc (tu)

With regards to McCoist himself, yes a lot of the fanbase as a whole would have been unhappy with his start to managerial life at Rangers but as time passed it became obvious there was more (or less depending on how you look at it) happening behind the scene with him and Whyte.

I remember at one point him saying that at that time it was more important to concentrate on the football rather than what happened with him and Whyte but that some time in the future would be more appropriate.

He has spent the last 6 months being the sole voice of our club, forced to answer questions about things a manager should have no reason to talk about due to that.

He deserves another season IMHO, regardless of how we started last season in the cup competitions.