Green? or Walter?

Gerwelly

Green? or Walter?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to run Rangers and why?

I can understand the emotion involved from both parties and without knowing the details of their business plans it is difficult to make an accurate assessment, for now here is some points worth thinking about:

Green

1. Stepped up with money to purchase the club when others including Smith's team and Blue Knights et al were nowhere to be seen. i.e. in business, Rangers do not need to be run by a "Rangers man", experience shows it would be better if they were not (Messrs Murray & Whyte)

2. Smith group now want to be involved now that Green has taken the flak and the debt is clear?

3. Although all details of plan have not been published (normal business practise and why should he given that Scottish press and idiots like RST jump on every detail) he has declared that he will "do a Fergus" (save Rangers, manage professionally, build us up to former glory and leave with a good profit) again normal business practise and club survive and prosper

Smith

1. I read posts and opinions that view Smith as some sort of a God, may I clarify that this gentleman was "close" to Murray during a number of the "bad years", in addition, have Rangers not made Smith a millionaire for his services?

2. During Smith's tenure, we consistently lost out on players because we tried to offer insultingly low figures (offer 200k for a £1m player), now he offers Greens team 6m (given that they have already spent between 7m-10m). They then overpay for players and agents for a last minute deal, does that sound like someone with business acumen? (I appreciate that others will run their newco)

3. If ego and making some money is not on Smith group agenda's then why not join forces with Green's team and make the club increadibly strong?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand the emotion involved from both parties and without knowing the details of their business plans it is difficult to make an accurate assessment, for now here is some points worth thinking about:

Green

1. Stepped up with money to purchase the club when others including Smith's team and Blue Knights et al were nowhere to be seen. i.e. in business, Rangers do not need to be run by a "Rangers man", experience shows it would be better if they were not (Messrs Murray & Whyte)

2. Smith group now want to be involved now that Green has taken the flak and the debt is clear?

3. Although all details of plan have not been published (normal business practise and why should he given that Scottish press and idiots like RST jump on every detail) he has declared that he will "do a Fergus" (save Rangers, manage professionally, build us up to former glory and leave with a good profit) again normal business practise and club survive and prosper

Smith

1. I read posts and opinions that view Smith as some sort of a God, may I clarify that this gentleman was "close" to Murray during a number of the "bad years", in addition, have Rangers not made Smith a millionaire for his services?

2. During Smith's tenure, we consistently lost out on players because we tried to offer insultingly low figures (offer 200k for a £1m player), now he offers Greens team 6m (given that they have already spent between 7m-10m). They then overpay for players and agents for a last minute deal, does that sound like someone with business acumen? (I appreciate that others will run their newco)

3. If ego and making some money is not on Smith group agenda's then why not join forces with Green's team and make the club increadibly strong?

I think it is fairly obvious that Walter Smith and Jim McColl are completely uncomfortable with the idea of Charles Green running our club, because the guy is a complete chancer.

I think it is fairly obvious that Walter Smith and Jim McColl are completely uncomfortable with the idea of Charles Green running our club, because the guy is a complete chancer.

And what facts do you know that would confirm Green as a chancer?

A 140 year old wonderful lady falls into a pool facing certain death.

While all her potential saviours stand and procastinate,a man appears from the back,dives in and pulls her to the edge of the pool saving her life.

Another well known gent steps forward and bends down to pull her out (after 1st man saves her).

The 1st man says "no,your too late."

That's why I'm backing Green,but would love it if Walter worked with him.

A 140 year old wonderful lady falls into a pool facing certain death.

While all her potential saviours stand and procastinate,a man appears from the back,dives in and pulls her to the edge of the pool saving her life.

Another well known gent steps forward and bends down to pull her out (after 1st man saves her).

The 1st man says "no,your too late."

That's why I'm backing Green,but would love it if Walter worked with him.

And then the 1st man steals her locker key, robs all her valuables from her locker, and tosses her back in the pool to face certain death once again.

If only she let the well known gent pull her out......

Haven't we learned anything over the last 12 months?

He doesn't have a pot to piss in.

How is he going to fund the running of the club?

To respond:

Hopefully we have: 1. We dont need Rangers men in charge 2. Experience tells us their ego (not to mention questionable ethics) equals bad business 3. In business, think business!

1. Only Green has a pot and contents, Smith and others have yet to come up with either

1. Investors money, season ticket money, TV money, sponsorship, league and cup revenue, gate money, share issue, transfer sales, shall I keep going? (I assume same as any other Group)

To respond:

Hopefully we have: 1. We dont need Rangers men in charge 2. Experience tells us their ego (not to mention questionable ethics) equals bad business 3. In business, think business!

1. Only Green has a pot and contents, Smith and others have yet to come up with either

1. Investors money, season ticket money, TV money, sponsorship, league and cup revenue, gate money, share issue, transfer sales, shall I keep going? (I assume same as any other Group)

Which investors would these be? It's been alleged that he's been hawking himself around anyone with a few bob to join his consortium. We even had the embarrassment of a supposed backer publicly distancing himself from Green. 20 investors? His arse.

David Murray is not, and never has been, a Rangers man either btw, that's twice you've insinuated so.

I just want Walter and co in cause I know they aint in it to make money!

Get real!

Walter might not, but he ain't puttin any money in.

McColl and the other business shysters aint a charity. McColl with his billion could have prevented all this. So, him being a die hard and all this ''love'' for the Club, my fruckin erse!!!

To offer 6mil is an absolute joke and an insult. McColl knows the score in the business world and he knows that they are way off the mark, so again, he just isn't serious, He will spend his dosh in trying to double his money in China where he made his billion.

Then there's Park. I will say no more on this miserable shark!

No doubt the glory hunting freeloading pauper MINI would be rolled out shortly after any takeover!

Sorry, but this consortium are not the real deal!!

Many have not learned anything!

Which investors would these be? It's been alleged that he's been hawking himself around anyone with a few bob to join his consortium. We even had the embarrassment of a supposed backer publicly distancing himself from Green. 20 investors? His arse.

David Murray is not, and never has been, a Rangers man either btw, that's twice you've insinuated so.

All parties have been quoting investors, some named, some not and you have no facts to confirm or deny anyone (incidently Green is the only one who has come forward with money)! In business, there are business angels (people like Charles Green) who look for/continue to look for investors, again you have no knowledge of the number or the amounts so why so sure he is better or worse than others?

For his full term at the helm, David Murray said that despite a childhood love of Ayr United, Rangers were his team, this retoric then led to being "the man" and one who would protect the club from outsiders?

All parties have been quoting investors, some named, some not and you have no facts to confirm or deny anyone (incidently Green is the only one who has come forward with money)! In business, there are business angels (people like Charles Green) who look for/continue to look for investors, again you have no knowledge of the number or the amounts so why so sure he is better or worse than others?

For his full term at the helm, David Murray said that despite a childhood love of Ayr United, Rangers were his team, this retoric then led to being "the man" and one who would protect the club from outsiders?

I think you are extremely naive if you believe anything other than Green being here to make a fast buck and get out of dodge. We know Walter Smith is working alongside Jim McColl and Douglas Park. We know these people are successful businessmen, we can trace their business history and we know what they are about. We also know that they care about the club. Doesn't it worry you that Walter Smith is clearly uncomfortable at the thought of this guy being in control of the club?

Charles Green might have put 'his money' up, and whilst I have to appreciate him doing so, he certainly didn't do it from the goodness of his heart. He's also been telling lies in the media.

1339947229' post='1060129090']

To respond:

Sorry gave you a -1 emotional reaction, then thought about it. Still disagree but no need for -1 so I gave you a +1 balance restored. This sums up this whoe situation. We have been living on our nerves for too long, shouting down any neagative views / comments ( there has been a lot) and grabbing onto any olive branch that comes our way to try and find some relief from the relentless onslaught condemnation and punishment.

That is why Walter is such an attractive proposition, cause for the first time in a long time we will be able to relax. We will still face a lot of shit but at least we will know the people in charge will have the right intentions. This doesn't mean that they will get everything right and decisions are going to go our way but ther is no ulterior motive and it's been tool long since we have been able to say that about the people in charge.

Sorry gave you a -1 emotional reaction, then thought about it. Still disagree but no need for -1 so I gave you a +1 balance restored. This sums up this whoe situation. We have been living on our nerves for too long, shouting down any neagative views / comments ( there has been a lot) and grabbing onto any olive branch that comes our way to try and find some relief from the relentless onslaught condemnation and punishment.

That is why Walter is such an attractive proposition, cause for the first time in a long time we will be able to relax. We will still face a lot of shit but at least we will know the people in charge will have the right intentions. This doesn't mean that they will get everything right and decisions are going to go our way but ther is no ulterior motive and it's been tool long since we have been able to say that about the people in charge.

You are 100% right, I was offering as best the business arguement as I saw it, you and I cannot help but have an emotion slant on things and thats why I would be open to Walter or anyone else helping. I have nothing for/against Charles Green but he saved our club, nobody else did and I am frustrated about the groundswell for marches against the man who saved us. From day one he said he and his investors wouldnt be long term and would take a handsome profit, if we are in good shape with no debt when he hands over then I think he is due some credit and his profit.

You are also right in saying that there is more pain ahead with a seemingly insatiable thirst for blood from our SFA and SPL "friends" hence the reason why I posted a note on my thoughts about taking the power away from them!!

Hopefully Smith etc can join forces in the short term, perhaps taking over when things are back to normal and Charles Green is happy to move on having been our real saviour!!

Yes, some people have yet to apportion any blame for the current situation to the main culprit, and they have no wish for fan involvement. But regardless are to be trusted with all the fervour of a zealot.

I think you are extremely naive if you believe anything other than Green being here to make a fast buck and get out of dodge. We know Walter Smith is working alongside Jim McColl and Douglas Park. We know these people are successful businessmen, we can trace their business history and we know what they are about. We also know that they care about the club. Doesn't it worry you that Walter Smith is clearly uncomfortable at the thought of this guy being in control of the club?

Charles Green might have put 'his money' up, and whilst I have to appreciate him doing so, he certainly didn't do it from the goodness of his heart. He's also been telling lies in the media.

I may be a number of things but naive is not one of them. Charles Green has said since day on that he was not a "Rangers man", was not doing it for the love, would not be here long term but would buy fix and leave with a profit (seems to be pretty honest and straight forward to me). Honest and straight forward, would that not have been good if practised by Murray and Whyte not to mention McColl (why not save the club a week ago) Park (a whore who throws hit hat, not money, into anyones ring).

The only "lie" I can see by Green was about the investor who came out and said he wasn't, unless you know otherwise?

Yes, some people have yet to apportion any blame for the current situation to the main culprit, and they have no wish for fan involvement. But regardless are to be trusted with all the fervour of a zealot.

I too would like to hear Smith comment on Murray's role in our demise but I think we'll be waiting a long time for that sadly.

Hmmmmmmm.....

Green - Appears to have a lack of investment with some reports already claiming he's struggling to find the money to cover running costs. Does not have the club's best interests at heart and his main aim will always be to turn a profit for his investors.

Walter - Backed by two highly respected and wealthy businessmen who both support the club. Walter's consortium offers us both financial security and owners who have the club's best interests at heart. I see little or no risk involved with Walter's consortium. Green on the other hand is high risk.

It's a no brainer for any sensible Rangers supporter. You don't need to be a genius to work out why Walter's consortium would be better for our club. Anyone who suggests otherwise clearly has an agenda.

HI first post!

I really cannot see the reason behind any true fan wanting Green ahead of Walter and Co. Green and his cronies dont give two hoots about us whereas walter and co are in it to save the club from the vultures first off and are all fans. How can you possibly not listen to our main talisman. The man who bleeds rangers is telling you this is the best for us so we need to listen simples.

I have nothing against green and his cronies particularly but the only reason they are here is to exploit us when we are at our lowest. This is Greens remit from the money men who control him. Whereas the remit from Walter and co is to get us back on a sound footing and to make sure this never happens again. Green is not saving us like some say he is taking advantage of us. We still got liquidated so what did he save us from?? The crappy CVA they proposed was designed to fail. Dont fall for Greens charm offensive he is a hard nose businessman playing all the tricks in the book at the moment.

Also simply put if walter is in control the players will stay and if green is then they will leave

Seriously I know its all about opinions but I seriously doubt anyones loyalty to Rangers who would choose Green over Walter and co it is a no brainer. (half the people who do on this site probably joined after feb 2012 if u know what i mean)

I think the proof of the pudding also as to walter or green debate is the fact that the tims are crapping it that walter and co gets back in as they know it will galvanise us and make us stronger.