Every club is consulting its fans over Newco

Simple point really. Every other club is 'consulting' its fans over whether our Newco should be accepted into the SPL, why isn't the one club that matters consulting its fans?

Why hasn't Green asked the various fans groups our opinion of where we should end up? Surely our opinion means as much if not more than the other clubs?

There is considered and widespread support for Division 3 and rebuilding both our club but our honour and dignity that was robbed from us by Whyte and Murray.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point, and maybe an inside look at to what Green is really here for. To sort this mess out quick style, and make a tidy profit. Div3 for Green is not a quick profit. It's a 3-5year wait, and I don't see him waiting that long.

Do our fans group actually have the means of consulting fans?

We dont really have a proper fans group that represents the majority.

There are too many mate, there should only be one.

One group for every supporter led by the correct, determined people.

The club it self could do it, no?

Contact every season book holder and/or rangerstv subscriber?

Email and/or written letter, with a response time added to it?

That can be argued, at the very least the club has the names and contact details of current season book holders. These guys are the ones likely to be putting money into the club. They should be polled for their views.

Similarly the RFFF could run a poll which requires say £5 donation to accept a vote, should keep the tarriers and others out.

Maybe Greens going to do the dirty work that he knows wont go down well with the fans (getting us back into the SPL) before selling us to someone else? Possibly before the end of the summer (because he's not going to have all the season tickets sold so will want a quick sale I imagine).

I think the other clubs are asking there fans is so they dont need to make the decision, so for wen the fans say no to a newco rangers, sometime after this the clubs are dropin like flys the clubs/chairman lay the blame firmly at there own supporters feet.

A lot of Rangers fans seem to want the third division purely for spite or to GIRU the SPL clubs.

Green will have a much better understanding of the financial situation and will be making a pragmatic decision that isn't cutting off our nose to spite our face.

For some wanting to go to the 3rd is because they want other clubs to go through what we have went through which to a point is because of the anger felt which is fair enough to a degree but there are others who want to go to the 3rd because working our way back to the top division by winning it playing football will sit better with them and feel that if its done that way then it gives no avenue for others to say that we didn't do the right thing from a moral stance, its what Bill Struth would have done.

From a business perspective obviously staying in the SPL is preferable but the money people did say they were in it for the long term so going to the 3rd shouldn't be an issue because I think within 1 season the whole structure of Scottish football would change to get RFC back in the topflight asap.

For those who prefer the 3 div route may feel uncomfortable doing it any other way as regards any future titles etc.

Try this scenario, do you think the the EPL would kick out the top 4 teams down the leagues if they were found in breach of EA? EA haha, FA laws after Sky paying 3 billion for the rights and then ban them from the Champions League for 3 years.

Your right.

Why aren't the fans being consulted on what league they want to play in?

Some want the SPL. Some want to apply for England. Some want SFL3. Some want SFL1.

It's nothing to do with what league we want to play in. It has more to do with accepting additional sporting sanctions over and above everything we have already suffered and paying money into the club whilst we have no prospect of winning the league, a cup or getting into Europe.

Some find that pointless, especially when it will be made clear we should feel grateful for anything they choose to throw at us.

I would rather see us take the honest approach and state quite clearly

"If you will not accept we have paid for the mistakes of our past owners and will not accept this as a clean slate, with no further sanctions, then we shall start again from the bottom and meet you on the way up".

It's nothing to do with what league we want to play in. It has more to do with accepting additional sporting sanctions over and above everything we have already suffered and paying money into the club whilst we have no prospect of winning the league, a cup or getting into Europe.

Some find that pointless, especially when it will be made clear we should feel grateful for anything they choose to throw at us.

I would rather see us take the honest approach and state quite clearly

"If you will not accept we have paid for the mistakes of our past owners and will not accept this as a clean slate, with no further sanctions, then we shall start again from the bottom and meet you on the way up".

Already we have differing views - which is why Green needs to consult with the fans.

I think SFL3 is a great idea in priciple - but commercially, it would be an absolute disaster. Just not practical, IMO.

I'd be happy to join SFL1 or SFL2, though. Some decent clubs there and would keep us out of the SPL.

Already we have differing views - which is why Green needs to consult with the fans.

I think SFL3 is a great idea in priciple - but commercially, it would be an absolute disaster. Just not practical, IMO.

I'd be happy to join SFL1 or SFL2, though. Some decent clubs there and would keep us out of the SPL.

Commercially for who? Not for Rangers as long as the fans continue to buy our season books. We would lose players, but we're going to lose them anyway with no Europe there is no way to fill the wages gap.

Div 3 would force us to cut our cloth accordingly.

Commercially for who? Not for Rangers as long as the fans continue to buy our season books. We would lose players, but we're going to lose them anyway with no Europe there is no way to fill the wages gap.

Div 3 would force us to cut our cloth accordingly.

People wouldn't buy season tickets.

As much as it is a great idea - only a selected bunch would actually go to matches like RFC v Elgin etc.

The decision of whether the New Co is granted Rangers SPL share will cause permanent damage to the game. There has been a well orchestrated campaign against us. We haven't got out the blocks yet, our PR has been terrible.

The Dundee Utd chairman will meet a fans group tomorrow, they have sold 1400 ST so far, a third of what they would have normally sold. This is replicated at some of the clubs below.

My view is that it will end up 7-5 with Dundee United, Hibs, St Mirren, Aberdeen and Celtic voting against us joining the SPL.