Transfer suggestion list

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TerryTibbs' timestamp='1342823551' post='1060245 ou're mental if you think he would struggle in Div 3

we shouldn't just be thinking of div3 though,imo we need to be signing players with potential that can not only take us through the divisions but also progress as players and perhaps be first team premier league players for us Gary Kenneth is not that player,I really hope we don't just sign stop gaps and rebuild the squad year after year.

Mark Reynolds would be a fantastic signing if we could get him, Sheffield Wednesday bought him for £100k and didn't fancy him so I'd imagine we could get him at a knock down price.

I know a friend of Mark Reynolds and apparently the current manager isn't a big fan so he's pretty sure he'll be getting loaned out again this year. I'm sure they'd welcome an offer. Whether we're in the position or not to be paying fees is another thing but he would be a decent signing.

I also agree with the previous poster about not just signing stop-gaps. Although it's going to be a big enough challenge finding players to last us for D3 and D2 who are willing to make the step down from SPL etc, i would hope that Ally's looking to bring in players who could potentially blossom and still be around in a few years.

I know a friend of Mark Reynolds and apparently the current manager isn't a big fan so he's pretty sure he'll be getting loaned out again this year. I'm sure they'd welcome an offer. Whether we're in the position or not to be paying fees is another thing but he would be a decent signing.

I also agree with the previous poster about not just signing stop-gaps. Although it's going to be a big enough challenge finding players to last us for D3 and D2 who are willing to make the step down from SPL etc, i would hope that Ally's looking to bring in players who could potentially blossom and still be around in a few years.

If we could get Reynolds on loan that would be a great bit of business, he is good enough for the SPL. Maybe a loan with an option to buy, although I'm not sure if we can do that with the transfer embargo because technically we could be buying a player during the period of the ban.

A cheeky £50k offer for him would be worthwhile, especially with us getting £800k for davis (reportedly). In 3 years time he will only be 28 and in the prime of his career and even if he wasn't first choice in the spl he's versatile enough to be a good squad player.

I wouldn't be surprised if we went in for Reynolds.

I think he's a perfectly acceptable defender for the level we will be playing at for the next few years and he is pretty experienced for his age too.

He really helped Aberdeen tighten up their defence and become a better team in the second half of the season and he is still young enough to develop a good partnership with either Perry or Broadfoot.

I think he's a perfectly acceptable defender for the level we will be playing at for the next few years and he is pretty experienced for his age too.

He really helped Aberdeen tighten up their defence and become a better team in the second half of the season and he is still young enough to develop a good partnership with either Perry or Broadfoot.

Would be a much better option than Gary Kenneth :anguish:

Walter Smith always spoke highly of him when he was at Motherwell so I'd imagine he's someone who Ally will known a decent bit about.

As you said he looked good for Aberdeen last season and best of all he can play all across the back line if needed. Even if he did cost £100k it would still be a good bit of buisness for us.

He would be a good signing. Has all the attributes for sfl, and can also play left back, and centre mid, which is also useful.

On the subject of Aberdeens defence, seen they have taken Gary Naysmith on trial. Does anyone think he would be a good signing, if we lose Wallace.

There will be a lot of decent SPL players who are shitting it right now, everyone knows wages are about to plummet in the SPL, I'd be looking at Motherwell who had a great season and tap up a couple of them.

Remember that Rangers can offer players long contracts with promises of big bonuses should they stick with us until we get back to the big time, and yes I know the SPL is hardly the big time but you know what I mean.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but we could do a lot worse than look at some of the players coming through Queen's Park.

In the past the likes of Barry Douglas, Liam Buchanan and Paul Cairney have came through their system, the latter two having been very effective in the lower divisions and moving up to the SPL and Douglas going straight to Utd and not looking out of his depth in the SPL.

A player like Paul McGinn who has 3 years lower level experience at 21 and is being monitored by Fulham would be a smart signing for a low fee, on low wages and with a decent opportunity to sell in the future if we want to.

Fee for mcginn? He's on trial at the dons, surely if he's prepared to play for them he might give us a look? Should now start to really use our money on bringing in youth from around the globe do by time we get back up we have a good crop

Fee for mcginn? He's on trial at the dons, surely if he's prepared to play for them he might give us a look? Should now start to really use our money on bringing in youth from around the globe do by time we get back up we have a good crop

That's dead on... Would be interesting to see if trialists like those indian lads from last season are still of interest