The Enemy Within

Fastrax

couldnt care less for loyalist threads, if it floats the boat of some then so be it

However the thread that was finally pulled which was about hating all catholics was fucking stupidity and could end up getting the forum into a whole heap of trouble

This is a football forum first and foremost, meaning alot of sneaky bastards will be looking into it, media type sneaky bastards

posters should remember that before posting such complete fucking pointless threads

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the Rangers support is a broad church.

There's no doubt that Unionism and Protestantism is part of our heritage but only part of it.

There will be many good Rangers fans who have no interest in these aspects and are only interested in the football heritage and history.

There should be room for all of us.

Exactly true we should be one family the rangers family united through good and bad times.

couldnt care less for loyalist threads, if it floats the boat of some then so be it

However the thread that was finally pulled which was about hating all catholics was fucking stupidity and could end up getting the forum into a whole heap of trouble

This is a football forum first and foremost, meaning alot of sneaky bastards will be looking into it, media type sneaky bastards

posters should remember that before posting such complete fucking pointless threads

Very true Jim!

That's not a bear that sliver slaver or fit ever he is. The boards full of them

Whit ?

YA wee taig... you wouldn't know an Orangeman if he bit YOU on the leg... you uneducated wee bit of rancid troublemaking bit of crap !

What IS your problem ?

The fact that you dunno WHAT an Orangeman IS ?

or

The Fact that ya dunno What a Rangers Supporter IS ?

OR

The FACT ya dunno What IT IS TO KNOW What it IS to call-out a person who KNOWS WAAAAY More than yourself ??????

Which is it ?

:crabflute::uk:

You Just on Here to cause trouble among the dim-wits who dunno much about anything and were not taught so ????????

think we are getting mixed up here,we are without doubt all Rangers supporters,but tbh im getting sick and tired with all this,you either SUPPORT RANGERS or not,to put it in perspective,i have put it to this site numerous times,are you a FAN OR SUPPORTER,what is the difference you may ask,well for one;do you SUPPORT the team or are you a FAN,huge difference in my eyes,i have SUPPORTED the team since 1976,through the Grieg years etc.the reason i ask this is not to get at any individual on here,but i work with say 50 guys,and honestly atleast 40 say they are Rangers SUPPORTERS,so i ask when was the last time you set foot in Ibrox,and honestly only TWO said they had,so big fckn difference.....whats my point, only spout when you have the back up to do it....

Whit ?

YA wee taig... you wouldn't know an Orangeman if he bit YOU on the leg... you uneducated wee bit of rancid troublemaking bit of crap !

What IS your problem ?

or

OR

The FACT ya dunno What IT IS TO KNOW What it IS to call-out a person who KNOWS WAAAAY More than yourself ??????

Which is it ?

You Just on Here to cause trouble among the dim-wits who dunno much about anything and were not taught so ????????

Your rambling like a psychiatric nurse of RM infamy.

Twat

good answer mate,but to put my tuppence worth in,the pope looks pretty ridiculous oops :beer1:

Whit ?

What IS your problem ?

or

OR

Which is it ?

What in the name of fuck is with all they random capital letters?

I think this guy should be psychologically assessed by a professional immediately.

In the hope that this may be a serious thread on the subject, I can only give my own perspective - without feeling the need to criticise or rubbish someone elses that may be different.

Like many on here, I was brought up to ignore all things green - we didnt have green clothes, talk to anyone who went to a chapel, and papacy was just never recognised or spoken about.

Then I left home for London at 16. Different when your not actually 'in it' and the guy beside you (who may be a taig) will be the one to save you. That causes a few different thoughts to pass through your mind.

Its not so black and white then.

I know my roots. I will never disown them.

But I will mature and alter my thinking to take account of everything I have learned throughout my life.

Do I want to force my son down the same road? Thats between me and him.

But I AM a Ranger.

Ian we all do mature, and my maturity has made me realise not to trust a single one of them, certainly we have to put up with them in the workplace but that is as far as it goes for me

i have been one of the people arguing against loyalist songs on that topic and i will say its not because i dont believe we should be proud of the roots BUT we can do it without f*nian this and that because first and foremost im a rangers man and all you guys do is get us fined etc, theres two arguments here. doesnt mean im a taig or anything else and people need to open their eyes to that!

Maybe not a taig, but almost certainly a taig apologist.

Maybe not a taig, but almost certainly a taig apologist.

no mate im not either, why cant some fans just open their eyes to some songs that just cant be sung? ally, walter pretty much every rangers man has come out and said stop singing them as they damage the club, are you going to argue with them too?

While celtic go about making up new songs or abbreviating old tunes so that they are acceptable we just continue this arrogance that we can still sing whatever we want and its getting us nowhere.

Thank god for the UB and TBO.

no mate im not either, why cant some fans just open their eyes to some songs that just cant be sung? ally, walter pretty much every rangers man has come out and said stop singing them as they damage the club, are you going to argue with them too?

While celtic go about making up new songs or abbreviating old tunes so that they are acceptable we just continue this arrogance that we can still sing whatever we want and its getting us nowhere.

Thank god for the UB and TBO.

Yes I would

Mate, I understand where you're coming from. I was brought up in a Rangers supporting loyalist family. I've sang every song and been in more than a few confrontations in my youth with the tims. I'll never forget that nor do I want to.

However I've served with guys who are catholic, some of them Celtic supporting Scottish catholics and some of those have given their life for our country - one in my presence.

I support Rangers, I'm proud of this fact just as I'm proud of all the heritage and history of our club. But at this time of my life I'll not be a hater of someone because of an accident of birth. If they do me or my club wrong then fair enough. Neither will I condemn fellow supporters who have none of the history that I have because they only want to concentrate on the football, that's their choice and I respect that.

excellent post

Mate, I understand where you're coming from. I was brought up in a Rangers supporting loyalist family. I've sang every song and been in more than a few confrontations in my youth with the tims. I'll never forget that nor do I want to.

However I've served with guys who are catholic, some of them Celtic supporting Scottish catholics and some of those have given their life for our country - one in my presence.

I support Rangers, I'm proud of this fact just as I'm proud of all the heritage and history of our club. But at this time of my life I'll not be a hater of someone because of an accident of birth. If they do me or my club wrong then fair enough. Neither will I condemn fellow supporters who have none of the history that I have because they only want to concentrate on the football, that's their choice and I respect that.

Cant argue with your points mate however I'm sure I'm not the only one who regards RFC as the public face of loyalist protestants in Scotland and please also note mate I'm not a hater of anyone at birth either

I'm sick of these apologists , defeatists, liberals or call then that you like but the people who try separate the Rangers Football Club from being protestant and British. we are one and the same as a club. I'm not saying if your neither of the two that you can't suport the team but please dont try to change this club into something its not. if you love the Rangers you then need to accept the red, white and blue of the union flag and our loyalty to the crown. it's out past, our present and it's our future.

Yes! That's the talk we need, not enough of it...this is the talk of a real Ranger, head held high, proud to be of better stock and worthy indeed of our obvious superiority. Wise enough though not to hate those who are simply not worthy of a Good Protestant's scorn...I feel only pity for such lesser beings.

The apologists amongst us are divisive and have weakened our support, we are being played from within...its all over these pages and also this thread.

I support Rangers, I'm proud of this fact just as I'm proud of all the heritage and history of our club. But at this time of my life I'll not be a hater of someone because of an accident of birth. If they do me or my club wrong then fair enough, I'll respond in kind. Neither will I condemn fellow supporters who have none of the history that I have because they only want to concentrate on the football, that's their choice and I respect that.

Agreed, and along the lines of my post in the other thread;

I don't claim to know the full ins and outs of Ulster's history but I have seen the devastating results of extremism from both sides having served there and could confidently guess that a good 75% of those posting and gobbing off about "No Surrender!" have never set foot in N.I.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that Rangers to me are a club who I have been brought up to love and support, and not something to harbour hatred of a religious group.

"PAPE!, HANDWRINGER!" I hear you cry but hear me out. In no way do I think it is right to sing about "the 'ra" and abstain from poppy selling, far from it considering my occupation, but I resent so called fans giving it large talking about being "up to their knees" when they haven't got

the first idea the actual human cost associated with the N.I situation.

I await the shifty dog eyes and taig shouts but I couldn't care less. I am a proud Blue Nose who doesn't buy into the bullshit but if it helps you sleep at night, crack on.