The Enemy Within

Fastrax

At some point the OP and his supporters will have to come to terms with the fact that not all Rangers fans are driven by a hatred of Cathlics/Irish Republicans/Celtic fans, and that we too have a right to express our views on this forum as much as you do.

As the thread title alludes to, too many people on this forum are obsessed with not only the idea that there are armies of celtic fans on here trying to undermine our so-called protestant heritage, but that there are also Rangers fans on this site who are what many people on here describe as "taig sympathisers".It's this imagined second group that I find most amusing.

Having been shielded from the worst of the sectarian vitrol this country has to offer for most of my life, im not entirely sure what a 'taig' is.But from my time spent on this forum it seems to be one of two things.Either its just a sectarian word for Cathlic or its someone who supports the cause of Irish Republicanism.Thats why i find the often overused term "taig sympathiser" so funny, because its not illegal/morally or socially reprehensible to be either Cathlic or Irish Republican, despite what the term suggests.Its a complete misnomer and the people who bandy it about on here are just making fools of themselves.

So I wouldn't worry about any lurking Celtic fans or supporters of a united Ireland, if your views are as informed and secure as you seem to think they are, you should have no problem arguing them with two-bit troublemakers.

couldnt care less for loyalist threads, if it floats the boat of some then so be it

However the thread that was finally pulled which was about hating all catholics was fucking stupidity and could end up getting the forum into a whole heap of trouble

This is a football forum first and foremost, meaning alot of sneaky bastards will be looking into it, media type sneaky bastards

posters should remember that before posting such complete fucking pointless threads

This is my stance on the subject. If people want to be into the whole "we hate all catholics" thing thats up to them. Whites in America have a club too its called the KKK. I just wish to fuck they would keep it seperate from Rangers. At a time like this the last thing we need is more fines and more negative press. Some of our own "support" seem intent in destroying our club all in the name of 1690.

This is my stance on the subject. If people want to be into the whole "we hate all catholics" thing thats up to them. Whites in America have a club too its called the KKK. I just wish to fuck they would keep it seperate from Rangers. At a time like this the last thing we need is more fines and more negative press. Some of our own "support" seem intent in destroying our club all in the name of 1690.

That's it for me.

I'm not religious in the slightest. I accept our clubs history, but the world has now moved on from a lot of things that some try to use our club as a mechanism for.

For me there should be no religion associated with football, it doesn't benefit Rangers or Scotland or Great Britain and that's all I really care about.

I've supported Rangers all my life. I come from a mixed family, I don't give two fucks about politics, or Protestantism, and if that bothers anyone, then it's purely your problem. This isn't the Middle Ages, we don't need to berate those who don't agree with us.

I've supported Rangers all my life. I come from a mixed family, I don't give two fucks about politics, or Protestantism, and if that bothers anyone, then it's purely your problem. This isn't the Middle Ages, we don't need to berate those who don't agree with us.

Well said mate :clap:

Yes! That's the talk we need, not enough of it...this is the talk of a real Ranger, head held high, proud to be of better stock and worthy indeed of our obvious superiority. Wise enough though not to hate those who are simply not worthy of a Good Protestant's scorn...I feel only pity for such lesser beings.

The apologists amongst us are divisive and have weakened our support, we are being played from within...its all over these pages and also this thread.

Are you for real? and we wonder why all the hate.

l remember going to the 2-0 Parma game and took my lion rampant and was shocked at the stick l got from a few fans saying shit like whit you doing with that jacobite crap etc, l pointed out that l was Scottish doh .

Im a atheist and dont care about the queen or the union or all the politics but do understand that means alot to some and fair enough but dont think that makes you any more of a Rangers fan than the rest of us.

Cant argue with your points mate however I'm sure I'm not the only one who regards RFC as the public face of loyalist protestants in Scotland and please also note mate I'm not a hater of anyone at birth either

The hating mistrust and suspicion starts at 5 when the sectarian schooling kicks in

Are you for real? and we wonder why all the hate.

l remember going to the 2-0 Parma game and took my lion rampant and was shocked at the stick l got from a few fans saying shit like whit you doing with that jacobite crap etc, l pointed out that l was Scottish doh .

Im a atheist and dont care about the queen or the union or all the politics but do understand that means alot to some and fair enough but dont think that makes you any more of a Rangers fan than the rest of us.

The lion rampant is the royal standard

What's the KKK got to do with anything?

It seems like the real enemy within are those who would see our club constantly fined and penalised.

We have enough shit to be dealing with at this time, without dividing ourselves.

Lets face it, most people under 40 don't even believe in religion anyway.

And it isn't necessary for the club to thrive.

Even the Queen was shaking hands last week with a murderer.

It must have been hard, but it was the right thing to do, to help put the past behind us.

It seems like the real enemy within are those who would see our club constantly fined and penalised.

We have enough shit to be dealing with at this time, without dividing ourselves.

Thats the most perceptive point anyones ever made on this issue.

As another loyalist thread in the BD gets derailed by the usual taig apologists it doesn't take a genius to work out why we are bent over a table and getting pumped by anybody who fancies taking a shot. From the Orange parades at Ibrox to our favourite songs being banned we have been attacked and picked off from any and every angle. The hatred I have for our enemies is rarely surpassed and is completely justified as I am sure many will agree.

I am however becoming increasingly restless with another of our enemies. The same enemy who attack the loyalist threads and grass bears to the stewards for singing songs (I know at least one member of this forum has done that) are at least 50% to blame for our current predicament (no I'm not talking about our finances). The same enemy is the people who believe everything they read in the Record and here spewed on radio snyde. The same enemy who pander to the bullshit about no Newco and no history. The same enemy who we sit beside at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

I'm starting to warm to your musings & patter, ya weegie fecker. :pipe:

They too are full of hatred for a specific group.

So nothing to do with Rangers then and just thrown in to your post for effect?

What do you think of the blind hatred which has been directed at Rangers over the last few months?

Hatred which has seen supporters of some clubs express a willingness for Rangers to die even if it meant their own clubs went into liquidation

Will you compare them to the KKK?

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the Rangers support is a broad church.

There's no doubt that Unionism and Protestantism is part of our heritage but only part of it.

There will be many good Rangers fans who have no interest in these aspects and are only interested in the football heritage and history.

There should be room for all of us.

I agree with the OP, and with this...........I see no contradiction.

Join in, or don't, but don't attack or undermine our own.

As i said on another thread, the club should embrace the religion of the fans. No matter what we believe in.

It happens that most of our support are protestants, with a strong belief of loyalism. I myself am a protestant, but wouldnt call myself a loyalist. I take an interest because my grandpa was a loyalist, but dont really know enough about the subject to take it seriously.

But yesterday, for thousands of people, was the boyne celebration parade in Glasgow. The tradition has stood for decades, and it wont go away as long as we live in a free (ish) country.

Bring back the rangers accordian band.

So many football fans in this country who claim to be one denomination or the other,if you cared that much bout which strand of fairytales you kid on you are,go down a church on a Sunday morning,might stop them closing churches down at the rate they are now.