Debt and the missing millions

hammer93

Im no accountant but i wouldn't need to be for this bit of totting up.As Rangers debt kept rising

to i think 78mill round about 03-04 urgent measures were needed.These measures came as we sold of

the family silver in an effort to reduce costs, we replaced them with cheap replacements i.e

nuno capucho(who won a medal in seville :praise: ), ostenstad, vanoli, emerson to name a few

but you get the picture.Now from that season it was apparent we would be downsizing a good bit

in the coming years.As we downsized on the park our debt was starting to downsize off it.We were

still managing to be reasonably competitive on the park during the cull.As we sold of players and

had runs in europe our financial position again improved to the tune of 18mill owed to the bank.

So 60mill had been paid back and Dr death was about to pay the remaining 18mill.Now this is where

it dosent add up, 9mth into his tenure shyte claims the club is losing 1.5mill a mth and this was

the reason for not paying the paye(my arse).How could we reduce debt every year for the last 7

whilst having such monthly losses.The truth is that wee fucker has stole money out the club we

love, he had better hope the fraud squad get him before the bears do. :angry::angry::angry:

Because CW;

1. Mortgaged us to the hilt with Ticketus.

2. We crashed out of Europe altogether.

3. Increased salary bill by 50% by giving Shagger, Whitteker and the others bumper new deals.

Combined, this added up to a £10M a year shortfall in funding. We would always have had a shortfall in funding the years we weren't in the CL anyway, added to the fact there was a £6M payment due to Ticketus, which he borrowed more money from Ticketus to pay Ticketus :disappointment: and the writing was on the wall IMO.

Given the Ticketus deal it was obvious we couldn't survive; so the only logical explanation is that CW intended to liquidate us from the beginning that is why he invested no money of his own, indeed looks like he has fleeced about £9M going by the figures.

IMO he set out to destroy us, I'm surprised he is still walking and talking TBH.

i think we have Paul Murray here.

Is the op forgetting smith's lavish spending after kaunas which left us a financial black hole that mih and Lloyds both were unable/unwilling to back

Quite poor against Smith there Jim, he like Advocaat can only spend what they are offered! They don't know ins and outs of club finances

Because CW;

1. Mortgaged us to the hilt with Ticketus.

2. We crashed out of Europe altogether.

3. Increased salary bill by 50% by giving Shagger, Whitteker and the others bumper new deals.

Combined, this added up to a £10M a year shortfall in funding. We would always have had a shortfall in funding the years we weren't in the CL anyway, added to the fact there was a £6M payment due to Ticketus, which he borrowed more money from Ticketus to pay Ticketus :disappointment: and the writing was on the wall IMO.

Given the Ticketus deal it was obvious we couldn't survive; so the only logical explanation is that CW intended to liquidate us from the beginning that is why he invested no money of his own, indeed looks like he has fleeced about £9M going by the figures.

IMO he set out to destroy us, I'm surprised he is still walking and talking TBH.

That just about sums it up. D & P found a £9m financial hole in the accounts. £3.9m is being held in a lawyers account and the rest is missing. A couple of people were paid / given £250k each by Whyte but D & P were trying to get that back. Still millions missing though.

i think we have Paul Murray here.

Is the op forgetting smith's lavish spending after kaunas which left us a financial black hole that mih and Lloyds both were unable/unwilling to back

The majority of cash spent came after we sold king carlos for £7.8 to villa :sherlock:

Quite poor against Smith there Jim, he like Advocaat can only spend what they are offered! They don't know ins and outs of club finances

it's not a dig at smith mate. Just simply stating that he was the manager. We were less than 10 million in debt when smith started the season we got to Manchester if i remember correctly

The majority of cash spent came after we sold king carlos for £7.8 to villa :sherlock:

lafferty, edu and velicka cost what Carlos was sold for. Then we also got miller and mendes that season along with boughie

couple that with an already loss making side crashing out of Europe to a team of farmers and postmen, the increase in wages spent that season nearly caused the death of our club.

If the champions league wasn't guaranteed to the league winners for 2 seasons in a row back then i think Lloyds would have culled us badly

The day it hit home to me was when Azure took over the catering. I remember it was the same people in the kiosks and just a different uniform. Went home and found out who Azure were and never trusted David Murray again.

Had my doubts about him before then but was confirmed that night.

Deserves all he has coming to him.

People say it is not a crime to be bad at business.

I think that the law should change then and maybe it would stop arseholes taking up the business challenge and leaving misery behind them.

The day it hit home to me was when Azure took over the catering. I remember it was the same people in the kiosks and just a different uniform. Went home and found out who Azure were and never trusted David Murray again.

Had my doubts about him before then but was confirmed that night.

Deserves all he has coming to him.

People say it is not a crime to be bad at business.

I think that the law should change then and maybe it would stop arseholes taking up the business challenge and leaving misery behind them.

the bankster fanboys wont like this