Rich Arabs

No not those dirty arabs.

See Nottingham Forest have been bought by a rich kuwaiti family.

Why the helll didn't duff and phelps get them interested in rangers. Much bigger club and prouder history.

I just wonder whom were Duff and Phelps looking after given they knocked back a higher verbal bid than Charles Green's bid. Did they even try and sell our club to the money men in the middle east.

Why the helll didn't duff and phelps get them interested in rangers. Much bigger club and prouder history.

I just wonder whom were Duff and Phelps looking after given they knocked back a higher verbal bid than Charles Green's bid. Did they even try and sell our club to the money men in the middle east.

Is this tongue in cheek or serious?

Bomber is that you? :beer1:

Is this tongue in cheek or serious?

Serious.

The Kuwaiti family have bought Forest, a championship side today. They are planning to put £20m minimum into the squad. Even in their glory days Forest could never get more than 30k+, usually about 20k. Our club is much bigger.

Serious.

The Kuwaiti family have bought Forest, a championship side today. They are planning to put £20m minimum into the squad. Even in their glory days Forest could never get more than 30k+, usually about 20k. Our club is much bigger.

:lol:

Yea because investing in a team with massive debts, with Tax cases hanging over them and playing in a league where there is no profit to be made is so attractive.

Yup, Duff and Phelps to blame because people didn't want to buy Rangers. (tu)

Cunts

Ha, I don't even have the energy, i'm quite sure others will give you the ripping this post deserves

I must be. I honestly don't understand. We are bigger than Forest and will always be. They are in the championship. Not even the premiership.

you do appear a little off the pace pal. :rolleyes:

you do know SKY and other sponsors are throwing millions at the Premiership don't you?

if the arabs can get Forest there they won't need 30,000 fans (but they'll get that anyway) & they will probably make more money than they would from any club in Scotland.

it's all 'if's' & 'but's' though <cr>

But we are not even in the championship...

Money in England not Scotland.. Arabs plunging cash in means we need to be in group stages every season of the CL

Being a Scottish club reliant on Europe money is partly how we are in this mess

I must be. I honestly don't understand. We are bigger than Forest and will always be. They are in the championship. Not even the premiership.

Yes but with a bit of investment they could well be in the premiership and making shedloads of cash. Have you heard of Man City? Man City who were in league 1 a few years ago?

Like it or lump it, Rangers cannot even dream about making the profits any English club potentially could.

It simply is not a good investment

Yes they are in the championship, but can reach the premiership and all the money that entails.We on the other hand cant.

Simple really.

Yes but with a bit of investment they could well be in the premiership and making shedloads of cash. Have you heard of Man City? Man City who were in league 1 a few years ago?

Like it or lump it, Rangers cannot even dream about making the profits any English club potentially could.

It simply is not a good investment

How did you get your energy back so quick?? :sherlock:

Forest have a chance to play in the EPL and they will get a slice of the new £3.1 billion t.v deal and also hundreds of millions in sponsership income.

Rangers play in a backwater that is so dumb it has voted to reduce it's own income by about 60%.

Not hard to see why no mega rich arab would put any money into Scottish football.

Serious.

Would you buy a Team that Plays Football in a Country like Scotland that has become a Backwater of World Football. In a Poor League, and with no Appeal they aren't, and wont be interested with Scottish Football for obvious Reasons .

Not with an Association such as the SFA. They have ruined Scottish Football with their Lack of Leadership, and ability to assist one of its senior Members .No wonder they are not Interested .

No one will Invest in Scottish Football.

You do realise that the bottom club in the championship earns 5 times more than the spl winners from tv revenue; the earning potential of championship clubs and the possibility of promotion with a reasonable outlay is the reason for all these foreign owners buying clubs in that league.