Terry Butcher

On his own sides bugdet "My budget is nearly all gone. It's very sad, but I've never known a situation where one clubs crimes punish every club in the country."

What a ridiculous statement for a start Rangers only "crime" was being put in to admin by our "owner" , also is it Rangers fault that these clubs over spent and dont live within their own means.......the stupidity especially from a former captain is unreal!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On his own sides bugdet "My budget is nearly all gone. It's very sad, but I've never known a situation where one clubs crimes punish every club in the country."

What a ridiculous statement for a start Rangers only "crime" was being put in to admin by our "owner" , also is it Rangers fault that these clubs over spent and dont live within their own means.......the stupidity especially from a former captain is unreal!!!

He's a thick ugly cunt.

The man is a dick , pure and simple .

Butcher you Twat why don't you keep your big mouth shut spouting crap like that.

The very Fact your Club could go out of Business is not Rangers FC fault you Idiot.

I am sick of these arseholes blaming Rangers for all of the Ills in Scottish Football. Fuck off Butcher.

And it wont stop anytime soon,mate. :mad:

I can't get my head around comments like his and (St Mirren chairman) Stewart Gilmour. Houston and McCall have been at it too, whinging that they can't sign players. They had the opportunity to keep us in the SPL and take our money didn't they? Or have they forgot that? I feel for the SFL because of the flak they're taking when they did the only thing they could do.

My abiding memory of Butcher was the final match of the 86/87 season against St Mirren. At the end of the game there was a pitch invasion. From the East Enclosure I somehow ended up on the park and ran towards one of my hero's Big Terry. As I approached he shouted towards me, Get off the F**king park!

Great player though.

This is going to be a big theme in the mhedia.

Everything 'bad' that happens, particularly when Clubs go into admin or fold, will be blamed on the big bad Rangers.

It's nothing new, they've been blaming us for years for all the ills of Scottish society.

I think the likes of Ally and the club as a whole have conducted themselves brilliantly throughout all this, taken everything on the chin and showed real class and dignity in the face of bitter jealousy and hatred.

However...I think it has reached a point where someone from the club has to start responding to these kinds of statements and setting a few people right. This is a ridiculous statement for anyone to make but for a former Rangers Captain, it is a disgrace. To point the finger at Rangers for the ineptitude of clubs and the governing bodies is pathetic and sums up everything that has been wrong with how this whole thing has transpired.