Signing Policy

Fuck it. Let's have one. Not this pish that the mhedia made up about us not signing catholics. Let's follow in the example of Bilbao etc. and only sign British players. Could even just make it Scottish and Northern Irish players if you wanted. Might take us longer to rise to the top, but with a young squad of British players who slowly begin to creep into their national teams (English aside obviously) we could become a force. Plus how much of a GIRFUY would it be to the SFA and all the wee diddy clubs, if when we're back in the SPL and the Scotland team is made up of pretty much all Rangers.

Might also make us a wee bit less hated (not that we should care what these fucks think), as I think in recent time us constantly bringing in foreign mercenaries didn't help the clubs image at all.

Thoughts?

Fuck it. Let's have one. Not this pish that the mhedia made up about us not signing catholics. Let's follow in the example of Bilbao etc. and only sign British players. Could even just make it Scottish and Northern Irish players if you wanted. Might take us longer to rise to the top, but with a young squad of British players who slowly begin to creep into their national teams (English aside obviously) we could become a force. Plus how much of a GIRFUY would it be to the SFA and all the wee diddy clubs, if when we're back in the SPL and the Scotland team is made up of pretty much all Rangers.

Might also make us a wee bit less hated (not that we should care what these fucks think), as I think in recent time us constantly bringing in foreign mercenaries didn't help the clubs image at all.

Thoughts?

It wasn't foreigners that cause the problems here - are Murray and Whyte not Scottish ???

That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard. Let the Taigs sign; van Bronkhorst, Papac, Prso! Laundrup, Lovenkrands, Mols, Numan, Amoruso ect, even Aluko and Jelavic.

Not only that but British players are overrated and overpriced.

Thoughts?

You mean foreign mercenaries like the ones who stuck around and transfered to the NewCo, and the Scottish & NI players who fucked off and left us in the shit?

That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard. Let the Taigs sign; van Bronkhorst, Papac, Prso! Laundrup, Lovenkrands, Mols, Numan, Amoruso ect, even Aluko and Jelavic.

Not only that but British players are overrated and overpriced.

Yeah, lets stick to the over priced UK market.

We can pick up bargains like Whittaker and Lafferty.

I'd like to see us do a Feyenoord, and just focus on building a team around our younger guys. If signing players is so expensive, why shouldn't we just bring through our own?

I reckon we're halfway there already in any case; Murray Park is starting to bear fruit on a more regular basis now. This season, I'd like to see maybe 4/5 guys in the starting 11 every week who are 18/19. Guys like Lewis McLeod, Chris Hegarty and Barrie McKay.

Developing your own talent and supplementing it with a few signings is the way forward for any team.

Obviously relies on the talent being available, having folk to find it, and having folk to develop it.

I'd like to see us do a Feyenoord, and just focus on building a team around our younger guys. If signing players is so expensive, why shouldn't we just bring through our own?

I reckon we're halfway there already in any case; Murray Park is starting to bear fruit on a more regular basis now. This season, I'd like to see maybe 4/5 guys in the starting 11 every week who are 18/19. Guys like Lewis McLeod, Chris Hegarty and Barrie McKay.

I agree, but we'll need no embargo in that case, as unfortunately, talented youngsters will get kicked to bits in D3.

British players are, generally, shit and overpriced. Would you really prefer paying £35m for Andy Carrol over getting Özil for £10m....thought not, your idea is shit. (and I can give so many other examples) Also I am sure this would only perpetuate the long ball shite that we see too often right now, I would honestly rather we signed only Spanish players if we were going for something like this.

Young players are definitely the way to go through Divisions 2 and 3, I think we can win back to back with our youth squad, plus Wallace and Jig, we could need a few more quality players once First Division time comes, though :pipe:

I would point out that foreign players like Mo Edu, Boca and Goian have conducted themselves with utter dignity and loyalty in recent weeks.

Whereas scum like Naismith, Davis and Lafferty have shown themselves to be repugnant filth.