Joey Barton to Fleetwood?!?!?!?!?!

From Blackpool Gazzette

Published on Tuesday 24 July 2012 10:05

SOCCER’S most controversial character Joey Barton is joining Fleetwood Town in a coup that will stun the game.

Initially, the QPR midfielder is to train with the club and will take part in next week’s training camp in Scotland – news first broken on The Gazette’s website last night.

After that, he could play a key part in Fleetwood’s Football League adventure.

Barton could join Fleetwood on loan until January once his lengthy ban from the game is completed, though the club would not confirm that to be their intention.

Signing the 29-year-old, if only for a brief time, would demonstrate Fleetwood’s ambition not only to consolidate their newly-found League status but to pursue a sixth promotion in nine seasons.

Barton is a friend of several players in the Fleetwood squad, and when the former Manchester City and Newcastle player indicated he would be prepared to train with the club, manager Micky Mellon moved in quickly and made official contact with Rangers.

The 29-year-old said, via Twitter: “Looking forward to training with Fleetwood Town for the week. Will get a much needed sweat on...

“Still have 3 years left at QPR. Exciting times for the club, which I intended to be a part of. Need to get some fitness in the meantime...

“Fleetwood are a young club going places. 5 promotions already in the last few years. If I help some of their young players, great.

“Training with them will certainly help me with my short term fitness and my plan on being as fit as possible during my 12-game ban.”

Insane

From Blackpool Gazzette

Published on Tuesday 24 July 2012 10:05

SOCCER’S most controversial character Joey Barton is joining Fleetwood Town in a coup that will stun the game.

Initially, the QPR midfielder is to train with the club and will take part in next week’s training camp in Scotland – news first broken on The Gazette’s website last night.

After that, he could play a key part in Fleetwood’s Football League adventure.

Barton could join Fleetwood on loan until January once his lengthy ban from the game is completed, though the club would not confirm that to be their intention.

Signing the 29-year-old, if only for a brief time, would demonstrate Fleetwood’s ambition not only to consolidate their newly-found League status but to pursue a sixth promotion in nine seasons.

Barton is a friend of several players in the Fleetwood squad, and when the former Manchester City and Newcastle player indicated he would be prepared to train with the club, manager Micky Mellon moved in quickly and made official contact with Rangers.

The 29-year-old said, via Twitter: “Looking forward to training with Fleetwood Town for the week. Will get a much needed sweat on...

“Still have 3 years left at QPR. Exciting times for the club, which I intended to be a part of. Need to get some fitness in the meantime...

“Fleetwood are a young club going places. 5 promotions already in the last few years. If I help some of their young players, great.

“Training with them will certainly help me with my short term fitness and my plan on being as fit as possible during my 12-game ban.”

Insane

Annoys me when they get called Rangers.

On drums, guitar, what? How does Mick feel about this?

:lol:

They never did replace Christine you know :craphead:

He’s filling in for Christine McVie.

Hasn’t been the same since she left.

Aw man, humped there.

Late as usual, I should have read the remaining posts before I rushed with my Mac line doh